Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:56 am

Daily budget

Hi there, might seem like a silly question. Realistically speaking is there a way my wife and I can survive at a 500 usd daily budget at this property in terms of food? Also are there any perks for SPG gold members? Thank you all in advance.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by Swizz_e
Hi there, might seem like a silly question. Realistically speaking is there a way my wife and I can survive at a 500 usd daily budget at this property in terms of food? Also are there any perks for SPG gold members? Thank you all in advance.
Bring a case of protein or cereal bars and have a big breakfast at the buffet every day.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:53 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Bring a case of protein or cereal bars and have a big breakfast at the buffet every day.
What? No no, don't exaggerate. It's not _that_ bad - $500 per day for two will be OK if you don't splurge on food. Breakfast is what, $150pp, lunch will be about $100, and dinner will be $200 tops if you don't go crazy on the wine. You can definitely do $500 per day.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:44 am

Most folks don't do lunch in the Maldives, especially if you have a late (and filling) breakfast. That will save you a bit.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Most folks don't do lunch in the Maldives, especially if you have a late (and filling) breakfast. That will save you a bit.
Yeah, I've heard those stories, couldn't do it. My breakfast *was* included, but I would generally have breakfast early, go for a swim, be hungry by lunchtime, eat something not too big, then swim more, then be starving by dinner, so I couldn't get by on two meals even if I wanted. And that's including the afternoon tea snacks!

Don't skimp on food, especially if you're doing activities. Not worth it.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Yeah, I've heard those stories, couldn't do it. My breakfast *was* included, but I would generally have breakfast early, go for a swim, be hungry by lunchtime, eat something not too big, then swim more, then be starving by dinner, so I couldn't get by on two meals even if I wanted. And that's including the afternoon tea snacks!

Don't skimp on food, especially if you're doing activities. Not worth it.
I'm one of those. Wake up at 5:30 am. Have coffee at 6:00 am, play tennis at 7:00 am (45 minutes to an hour). Have a shower and then head to breakfast around 9 or 9:30 am.

That would keep me full until dinner (early dinner).
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:55 pm

Thank you all for the feedback. Might extend that 500 daily budget considering I'm only paying 350 per night for the room. Any valuable perks for SPG Gold guest or it's all about that's plats? Lol
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum Elite, DL PM (MM)
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
What? No no, don't exaggerate. It's not _that_ bad - $500 per day for two will be OK if you don't splurge on food. Breakfast is what, $150pp, lunch will be about $100, and dinner will be $200 tops if you don't go crazy on the wine. You can definitely do $500 per day.
Wait....breakfast is 150 per person?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:40 am

Programs: Marriott LTP
Question 350 per night?

And wait....how did you get a room for 350 per night?

Thank you all for the feedback. Might extend that 500 daily budget considering I'm only paying 350 per night for the room. Any valuable perks for SPG Gold guest or it's all about that's plats? Lol
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by mbowden19
Wait....breakfast is 150 per person?
75 each.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:47 am

$75++, right?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by smokie
And wait....how did you get a room for 350 per night?

One of the great perks of working for SPG. I was surprised this property opened up the employee rate...so when I saw it I jumped on it right away.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:47 am

One of the great perks of working for SPG. I was surprised this property opened up the employee rate...so when I saw it I jumped on it right away.
Ask the resort about getting a meal plan added to your booking. $150 for incidentals would barely get you breakfast or lunch.

It is very easy to spend $1,000 per day on incidentals alone at resorts like this in the Maldives, just on dining and activities. And that is without doing anything over the top.

A meal plan is a very good idea for anyone who wants to be able to predict and regulate costs. It also ensures that you will not have to skip a meal or bring a suitcase full of instant noodles...
Old Jun 24, 2017, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Ask the resort about getting a meal plan added to your booking. $150 for incidentals would barely get you breakfast or lunch.

It is very easy to spend $1,000 per day on incidentals alone at resorts like this in the Maldives, just on dining and activities. And that is without doing anything over the top.

A meal plan is a very good idea for anyone who wants to be able to predict and regulate costs. It also ensures that you will not have to skip a meal or bring a suitcase full of instant noodles...
How much is the meal plan?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by onlysuites
How much is the meal plan?
I don't think there is an option of one is there? Elsewhere in the Maldives you can get buffet based meal plans but the SR doesn't have a buffet restaurant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.