Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Aloft Stuttgart, Germany [Master Thread]

Old Oct 9, 2015, 11:44 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels
Original Poster

I spent a night here last week. Stuttgart was booked fairly solid, with rates at LM approaching EUR300, and aloft approaching EUR200. Thus, 7000 points seemed ok.

It a standard aloft, with minimal Plat recognition (Urban room, coupon for a hot beverage, mediocre breakfast in lieu of points). This is my third aloft (after BKK and KUL), and I'm not sure I could tell them apart. Actually, this one does have one memorable feature: doors are heavy and slam shut with a great deal of noise.

I agree with others that upgrades at LM are hard to come by (I've had suites, but only if using a SNA), and the rooms at aloft are comparable to standard rooms at LM. More modern, even. Breakfast certainly is better at LM, distance to station is virtually the same (10 minute walk to aloft), you get a free water bottle at both. I prefer LM overall (especially because there's a shot at a suite), but this is a decent alternative.

[MOD EDIT] Pre-opening posts can be found at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...22-2015-a.html

Last edited by yosithezet; Jun 29, 2017 at 5:40 am Reason: Master thread created
Old Oct 9, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jpdx
This is my third aloft (after BKK and KUL), and I'm not sure I could tell them apart.
That's a feature of every Aloft London is the same, Brussels is the same. I'm talking about the rooms, obviously, not the public spaces.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gojko88
That's a feature of every Aloft London is the same, Brussels is the same. I'm talking about the rooms, obviously, not the public spaces.
I just realized, there are some differences: IIRC, BKK and KUL have room service and a minibar. Stuttgart has an empty refrigerator, and I didn't see a menu.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: SPG P, HH G, MR G, IHG P, Hyatt D
much left to be desired

Is this the master thread for this property? I thought I'd read some reviews already, but can't find them now.

In any case, I spent a night here last week. Stuttgart was booked fairly solid, with rates at LM approaching EUR300, and aloft approaching EUR200. Thus, 7000 points seemed ok.

It a standard aloft, with minimal Plat recognition (Urban room, coupon for a hot beverage, mediocre breakfast in lieu of points). This is my third aloft (after BKK and KUL), and I'm not sure I could tell them apart. Actually, this one does have one memorable feature: doors are heavy and slam shut with a great deal of noise.

I agree with others that upgrades at LM are hard to come by (I've had suites, but only if using a SNA), and the rooms at aloft are comparable to standard rooms at LM. More modern, even. Breakfast certainly is better at LM, distance to station is virtually the same (10 minute walk to aloft), you get a free water bottle at both. I prefer LM overall (especially because there's a shot at a suite), but this is a decent alternative.
I stayed for a WE night in August as SPG P member. I had booked a suite smart deal for 144 Euro which incl. ABF, HSIA and 3000 points. There was only one water bootle in room, when I complained the check-in lady told me that this is Aloft standard. (not in my experience, but I stay in Asia most the time) She did not give me a second but just wanted to "win the dispute" Bad customer service. Parking is super expensive and can not be paid at Hotel, (bad) I was charged for breakfast even though the rate clearly incl. ABF, the 3000 points did not post either. So I had to reach out to management and finally got my points and some compensation. Would I stay there again, don't think so unless it is below 70 Euro or 3000/4000 points. Some of the property associates have MUCH to learn!
Old Oct 10, 2015, 2:00 am

I just realized, there are some differences: IIRC, BKK and KUL have room service and a minibar. Stuttgart has an empty refrigerator, and I didn't see a menu.
Haven't been to BKK, but KUL does have a minibar (unlike STR and BRU) - don't recall any room service though.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards Gold, Club Carlson, Starwood Gold, AAdvantage
I have to say that this Aloft hotel is an "interesting" hotel to stay at...it's great if you only want a great location to the S-bahn, which is why we actually stay there. The rooms and accommodations are nice. The bed is comfortable and the room is updated and spacious. Unfortunately, the shower leaks all over the place. We have stayed here many times and it's the same issue. Like it leaks by toilette and almost into the sink area (can be quite annoying).

The service is definitely lacking. Sadly, even though we're gold members, regular visitors were treated horribly as well (as we've seen at check-in many times). As gold members, we have never been recognized....fine, we don't need gold stars, but a bit of recognition would be nice. It takes forever to check-in, like almost 20 minutes with only 1 person in front of you. I could go on and on about this hotel, but I won't waste much time. To be honest, the hotel seems to be only interested in making money from the Friday and Saturday night hotel bar than the actual guests paying to stay there. I do warn others though, if you are looking for a nice and relaxing glass of wine or drink at this hotel bar, be warned...as outsiders come in and turn it into a club like atmosphere. Great if you want to party hard, but not so great if want to have a conversation with the person you are with. We tend to share bottle of wine in our room because of this.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 9:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, UA Platinum
Hi guys - has anyone had recent experiences in either this Aloft Stuttgart or the LM? I read the above comments - but curious about any comparisons between the two.

Also - is the S Bahn the subway or something? Do you think it runs at night? I'm going there for the weekend for the Tokio Hotel concert in Stuggart at this place called the "Im Wizemann" and it looks like on google maps both Aloft and LM are accessible by public transit with a "U" logo. Is that the S Bahn too?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC
Stayed here in December 2016. A very standard Aloft hotel, staff was friendly, and was upgraded as a platinum to a "sweet suite" It was a larger room with "fatboy" chairs.

It is located inside a huge mall. I enjoyed my stay here, bar was not too noisy in the weekend, and they made great cocktails.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by mymilesandpoints
Also - is the S Bahn the subway or something? Do you think it runs at night? I'm going there for the weekend for the Tokio Hotel concert in Stuggart at this place called the "Im Wizemann" and it looks like on google maps both Aloft and LM are accessible by public transit with a "U" logo. Is that the S Bahn too?
U-Bahn is the city underground system, S-Bahn is the regional railway (used primarily to connect the suburbs, but often very convenient for intra-city transfers as well).

Anyway, the Aloft (Stadtbibliothek) stop is a U-Bahn station, not an S-Bahn one. You even have a direct connection to the venue with U12.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, UA Platinum
gotcha. thanks! the aloft sounds great then.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Aloft Stuttgart

Aloft Stuttgart

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Aloft Stuttgart

Heilbronner Straße 70 Stuttgart, DE 70191

Aloft Stuttgart (0 Photo)

Aloft Stuttgart

I stayed two times at the aloft Stuttgart now. It is second SPG property in Stuttgart and the second aloft in Germany. The aloft targets younger travelers as well as business travelers with its design and amenities. The hotel uses allot of concrete, modern paintings and graffiti style decoration. 

Check In

Quick and easy check-in procedure. The aloft Stuttgart offers SPG keyless service but in my case it did not work. 

The hotel is located at a brand new shopping mall close to the main station. The subway station is directly in front of the hotel and gives you quick access to the city. The mall has a good food court as well as some restaurants.

Room

I had a single king bed room. The room is okay for one person. If you prefer more personal space or if you are traveling together the room might be a bit small. There are larger rooms available with two separated beds for example. For one or two nights it is still okay. The bathroom is half open with the shower and toilet being behind a sliding door. The room has a small refrigerator, a water kettle and a in-room safe. The air condition was silent but powerful. Wifi did work very well. The aloft participates in the green choice program where you get points for declining housekeeping service. The aloft gives you 250 points or a 5€ discount at the bar/snack shop.

Dining

Breakfast service is rather basic. Only hot choice are scrambled eggs and sausages. In addition they have fresh rolls, croissants, cereal, cheese, sausage and some fruit.  For business travelers it is enough. For holiday travelers which would like to enjoy a nice breakfast it might be not enough. The hotel does not have a real restaurant but a small snack shop and bar. The snack shop is part of the overall aloft concept. The bar is rather nice and offers a pool table, a soccer table and a PS4. In addition you can use an electric or acoustic guitar. The drink selection is rather good with local beers, a lot of gin and good cocktails. Prices are rather kow for a hotel bar. A large beer (0,5l) costs 4€.

Overall

The it hotel has the advantage of being very new. Everything is still in good shape. The price is rather hight compared for example to the older but more elegant Le Meridien. The location of the aloft is good but it will take some time before the whole area around the hotel is completely developed. This said the Le Meridien also suffers from a huge contruction site directly in front of the hotel. This will continue until the new Stuttgart main train station is finally completed around 2021.

Aloft Stuttgart

Would you like to write a review on the Aloft Stuttgart?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

I've stayed here a few times in the past few months. It's a pretty standard aloft, but they have been good at (proactively) upgrading me to their 30sqm-ish "suite" -- just a room at the end of the corridor, with a little bit of extra space and a small couch. I find the breakfast pretty good for this type of hotel (breads, fruit, muesli, some cold cuts, scrambled and hard boiled eggs, Nuremberg sausages). IMO, the award categorization (Cat 4) is outrageous, but there have been some BRG opportunities here in the low 60 Euro range, which makes this hotel a stellar deal. When staying in Stuttgart on points or if rates are close to the LM, by all means pick the LM -- much better!
Old Aug 4, 2021, 7:15 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Plat, BAEC Silver, TP Gold
Digging this property up. Anyone stayed here recently?

I'm about to book a 4 night stay for next week. Being fairly near the HB and being in a shopping mall complex, I thought it would be quite convenient.
I'll be working from the room or the public spaces for 2 days. Rest of the time I'll be out exploring.

At EUR 108 per night, it's not too bad a deal I think.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 7:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by flyingfkb
Introduction I stayed two times at the aloft Stuttgart now. It is second SPG property in Stuttgart and the second aloft in Germany. The aloft targets younger travelers as well as business travelers with its design and amenities. The hotel uses allot of concrete, modern paintings and graffiti style decoration. Check In Quick and easy check-in procedure. The aloft Stuttgart offers SPG keyless service but in my case it did not work. Location The hotel is located at a brand new shopping mall close to the main station. The subway station is directly in front of the hotel and gives you quick access to the city. The mall has a good food court as well as some restaurants. Room I had a single king bed room. The room is okay for one person. If you prefer more personal space or if you are traveling together the room might be a bit small. There are larger rooms available with two separated beds for example. For one or two nights it is still okay. The bathroom is half open with the shower and toilet being behind a sliding door. The room has a small refrigerator, a water kettle and a in-room safe. The air condition was silent but powerful. Wifi did work very well. The aloft participates in the green choice program where you get points for declining housekeeping service. The aloft gives you 250 points or a 5€ discount at the bar/snack shop. Dining Breakfast service is rather basic. Only hot choice are scrambled eggs and sausages. In addition they have fresh rolls, croissants, cereal, cheese, sausage and some fruit. For business travelers it is enough. For holiday travelers which would like to enjoy a nice breakfast it might be not enough. The hotel does not have a real restaurant but a small snack shop and bar. The snack shop is part of the overall aloft concept. The bar is rather nice and offers a pool table, a soccer table and a PS4. In addition you can use an electric or acoustic guitar. The drink selection is rather good with local beers, a lot of gin and good cocktails. Prices are rather kow for a hotel bar. A large beer (0,5l) costs 4€. Overall The it hotel has the advantage of being very new. Everything is still in good shape. The price is rather hight compared for example to the older but more elegant Le Meridien. The location of the aloft is good but it will take some time before the whole area around the hotel is completely developed. This said the Le Meridien also suffers from a huge contruction site directly in front of the hotel. This will continue until the new Stuttgart main train station is finally completed around 2021.
The optimism of this prediction made me chuckle. Construction completion is now slated for 2025.
Old Aug 4, 2021, 9:37 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
Originally Posted by enelym1978
Digging this property up. Anyone stayed here recently?

I'm about to book a 4 night stay for next week. Being fairly near the HB and being in a shopping mall complex, I thought it would be quite convenient.
I'll be working from the room or the public spaces for 2 days. Rest of the time I'll be out exploring.

At EUR 108 per night, it's not too bad a deal I think.

I would choose the Le Meridien instead. It's just as close, has a pool and a better breakfast. Rates may be similar?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.