Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Platinum Benefits: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30661401-post132.html (breakfast is no longer offered for free at the restaurant as of late 2018)

Transit
Transit times and fare on Taipei Metro (NanGang Station on Blue Line) - Select BL22 NanGang : https://web.metro.taipei/e/TicketALLresult.asp (Taipei Song Shan Airport TSA is Station BR 13)
Bus 1843 from/to TPE Airport: http://www.kingbus.com.tw/en/ticketPriceResult.php?sid=182 / http://www.kingbus.com.tw/en/ticketPriceResult.php?sid=181
High Speed Rail (NanGang Station) - https://www.thsrc.com.tw/en/timetable/searchresult
Regular Rail (NanGang Station) - http://twtraffic.tra.gov.tw/twrail/EN_QuickSearch.aspx
Print Wikipost

Courtyard Taipei [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2017, 3:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by kaiotes
Was able to access the Lounge as gold on annual night cert stay. Very friendly staff there. Very clean. Highly recommended.
Excellent. Thank you very much to both of you!
Old Mar 16, 2017, 4:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Enjoying my one night stay here (was supposed to be two nights but a mechanical on AA LAX-HKG followed by the crew timing out scuttled that).

On arrival, via Metro, I was upgraded to a 24th floor junior suite. Welcome amenity of fruit and bakery items in the room on arrival.

interior approach to the hotel doors:

lobby on the 7th floor:

my room:

Did visit the lounge at 6pm last night and didn't feel the need to go out for dinner afterward. I had a chicken dish, rice with scrambled eggs and vegetables, and broccoli. There was a pasta dish with tomato sauce and I didn't try it as well as 2-3 other hot dishes. Was actually in bed sound asleep at 9.

Was offered a late check-out if needed. Very happy here so far. Heading down for breakfast shortly.

As to transit, came in on the commuter train from the airport (45 mins) to Taipei station, then about a 15 min walk around the station to the blue line to Nangang. The blue line train was about 20 mins. Bought a reloadable transit card at the airport.

Last edited by tom911; Mar 16, 2017 at 4:44 pm
Old Mar 16, 2017, 6:31 pm

Rather enjoyed the breakfast in the restaurant. Had french toast, mini-waffles, bacon, Virginia ham, plus fruit, yogurt and creme brulee. They had scrambled eggs and some hot Asian dishes, as well as a salad bar. Took a bunch of photos but don't have the time this morning to get them up on my website. Hope to have them up within a day. Just can't see anything negative about the variety of items they have out and the number of staff maintaining all the dishes and clearing tables. Looks to me like they really care about everything from food to service.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report & pictures. Much appreciated!

Cheers.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 8:47 pm

Some breakfast photos:

All of the photos from this stay start HERE.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by kaiotes
Was able to access the Lounge as gold on annual night cert stay. Very friendly staff there. Very clean. Highly recommended.
What about the upgrade as a Gold?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
I almost forgot the existence of this thread!
If I find the time I will let everyone know about my previous stay in which I got an upgrade to a suite. I will be staying tomorrow evening. Hopefully I get a suite upgrade again (but not holding my breath over it since I'm using one of my recently attained certificates).

Question- I have a 6:55 am departure out of Taoyuan Thursday morning, which means my departure time from CY is 4:30-4:45 am. Does anyone know if this CY provides bagged breakfasts? I recall the FS in Taipei does but not sure about this CY.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
Question- I have a 6:55 am departure out of Taoyuan Thursday morning, which means my departure time from CY is 4:30-4:45 am.
Did you catch your flight? That seems kinda late departing from the hotel.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by frudd38
What about the upgrade as a Gold?
I stayed here in mid-October as a PP and wasn't upgraded. Just a DP.

Last edited by JHake10; Nov 5, 2017 at 8:01 pm
Old Nov 5, 2017, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10
I stayed here in mid-October at a PP and wasn't upgraded. Just a DP.
What's a PP?
Old Nov 5, 2017, 4:11 pm

What's a PP?
Arrogant

(in reality they are trying to say platinum premier, not a published category but possibly with mote benefits but practically not)
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Did you catch your flight? That seems kinda late departing from the hotel.
It took me 30 minutes to get to the airport by car, there were probably a handful of cars on the highway at that time of day.
I was through security/immigration by 5:15 am (light crowds).

Also, I can confirm they do not have bagged breakfasts at this CY
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
What's a PP?
An invite only tier above Platinum that essentially doesn't mean anything. My point being was even at this tier I didn't get an upgrade.

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Arrogant

(in reality they are trying to say platinum premier, not a published category but possibly with mote benefits but practically not)
Yeah, I'm a 26 yr old arrogant kid. You got me
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10
An invite only tier above Platinum that essentially doesn't mean anything. My point being was even at this tier I didn't get an upgrade.

Yeah, I'm a 26 yr old arrogant kid. You got me
I stayed here as a Plat last year and got a massive suite (which seems like the common upgrade according to reviews).

Was asking about Gold for someone else. Anyone else got recent experiences?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 12:01 am

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
It took me 30 minutes to get to the airport by car, there were probably a handful of cars on the highway at that time of day.
I was through security/immigration by 5:15 am (light crowds).

Also, I can confirm they do not have bagged breakfasts at this CY
I received a bagged breakfast at 4am for an early morning flight last December. Though I had requested it the night before. When did you request it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.