Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Miami Beach EDITION, Miami, FL [Master Thread]

Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ucfjoe
Miami Beach Edition has $40/day resort fee as of Jan 7 2018. Parking (Valet only) is $45/day.

It no longer offers Plats free breakfast.

Miami Beach Edition Website
Print Wikipost

Miami Beach EDITION, Miami, FL [Master Thread]

Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:40 am

Breakfast charges showed up on our bill at checkout. I said I was told it`s free for Plats. The hotel rep didn`t even say anything, put a $180 credit on my account and printed the new bill so I didn`t even have to use my written statement. I recommend trying the same, or book another hotel since I was incredibly underwhelmed anyway.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Any recent reports? How are plats treated here?
Old Mar 8, 2017, 8:08 pm

Wondering which would be a better choice for myself, wife and 5 year old son. Ritz Carlton/Marriott platinum if that is a factor. Three nights at the Edition for 150k vs. Ritz Carlton South Beach for 210k. Late checkout is important for me as our flight home is at 8pm. RC is supposedly guaranteed vs. Edition is based on availability.

Curious is the Edition is a little bit of a scene - the wife and I are looking to relax and not deal with any loud music or loud/annoying people.

Thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by downright
Wondering which would be a better choice for myself, wife and 5 year old son. Ritz Carlton/Marriott platinum if that is a factor. Three nights at the Edition for 150k vs. Ritz Carlton South Beach for 210k. Late checkout is important for me as our flight home is at 8pm. RC is supposedly guaranteed vs. Edition is based on availability.

Curious is the Edition is a little bit of a scene - the wife and I are looking to relax and not deal with any loud music or loud/annoying people.

Thanks.
RC South Beach is a resort, so the late checkout guarantee doesn't apply.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by sig05
RC South Beach is a resort, so the late checkout guarantee doesn't apply.
Didn't realize this. Is there anyplace I can find a listing of which RC locations are considered resorts? Thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:57 pm

Didn't realize this. Is there anyplace I can find a listing of which RC locations are considered resorts? Thanks.
http://www.marriott.com/hotel-search/resort.hotels/

Edit: Pretty much every RC is considered a resort. I don't know the number of non-resort properties, but I believe it's very small.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by sig05
http://www.marriott.com/hotel-search/resort.hotels/

Edit: Pretty much every RC is considered a resort. I don't know the number of non-resort properties, but I believe it's very small.
Christ. Almost want to scrap using the points and instead book through Amex FHR - at least then it will be guaranteed.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Christ. Almost want to scrap using the points and instead book through Amex FHR - at least then it will be guaranteed.
Some hotels offer a "day room" or for a small fee will let you check out at 6pm. Might be worth it for you if you're not willing to hang by the pool for the afternoon.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Thinking of staying here. Is there any value to being a platinum (well, really a PP) at the Edition other than points or internet?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:56 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I spent the weekend at the Miami Edition and have to say that the hotel exceeded my expectations. I secured my first ever BRG and so was staying on an almost comically good rate of $185 a night (incl. 25% disc), but I'll review the property as if I was paying $350 or so as I think it performs at that rate, especially given Miami Beach prices.

As a Platinum I got a proactive email from the "VIP" coordinator who asked whether I had any special requests. I asked for paid upgrades and was offered an expensive suite offer, but was then upgraded to an Ocean View (1 from best non-suite) when I didn't want a full suite. The coordinator checked in with me when in the hotel and generally was a useful touch. I can't confirm breakfast, but I did get a token for a beach umbrella which is otherwise the only area where I felt the hotel nickel and dimed people, with $25 being charged for anyone who wants some shade.

The hotel rooms are spacious enough and well designed. Mine was in good shape. The hotel lobby is beautiful and the facilities are solid (if unremarkable by Miami Beach standards). In mid-August the pool and beach were busy, but usually not full. The outside bar food was good and the service overall very strong considering the resort vibe, especially the waiters at the bar. Staff are reasonably good at recognizing faces so you don't have to keep identifying yourself and many will even refer to you by name after one meeting.

Dinner at Jean George's Matador was good, but not cheap. The one exception being the keenly priced Billecart Salmon, which at $110 a bottle is probably the best value thing in Miami.

Talking about good value, the Edition is only 150m away from the Broken Shaker, which is a youth hostel's cocktail bar and has been in and around the "top 20" rated cocktail bars in the world for the last 3 years.

I enjoyed the Edition and would definitely recommend it to either families with kids or couples. I would say I'd go back myself, but I'm booked for my birthday in a couple of weeks at the W South Beach (at more than twice the rate), so I'll be curious to see how they compare. For people interested quality Marriott/ Starwood hotels around Miami Beach you may also be curious to know that the St Regis Bal Harbour often has SPG50 rates at $400 a night, making it cheaper than the W...
Old Mar 31, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Hi all.

Any recent experiences here about Platinum treatment, benefits? No breakfast is almost a deal breaker for me. I got a great BRG rate as well, so hoping they don't put me in the worst room.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:56 am

Any tips or suggestions for activities around this hotel? How about the beach - do I need to be there at 8am to get a spot?
Old May 21, 2018, 3:37 pm

Bueller, bueller
Old May 22, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
No breakfast
No choice of arrival gift (500 points only)
Don’t expect an upgrade, and if you get one it’s likely only going to be better view.
Points earning only on room rate, not incidental spend

you don’t need to get up early to get a spot at the beach, if the property is busy you might want to get up early to get a spot at the pool though.
Old May 22, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Any tips or suggestions for activities around this hotel? How about the beach - do I need to be there at 8am to get a spot?
Nice property, my wife and I love the pool. Upgrades few and far between. Basement is a ton of fun and free entry for hotel guests (if you’re into that sort of thing). What else are you looking for in the area?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.