Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer

Hotel email address: [email protected]>
Print Wikipost

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
Originally Posted by Happy

Gold (the old Gold, now the new Plat), received the same treatment. We are 4 out of 4. When we went to the desk the staff just showed us where to sit and told us a car would come shortly. At arriving the hotel the elite guest relation manager was waiting and she brought us up to our room for check in formality. We have not had a single check in done at the regular reception.
This hotel treats elites very well. Our last stay was using the 7 nights Travel Package cert when hotel was at 30k/night. At current 25k/night it is even a better value. If you have enough time in the city and you know how to use the E bus from the depot ar Expo across the parking lot, you can go anywhere in Hong Kong island / Kowloon / New Territories. Just use it as a double decker sightseeing bus to see many parts of the city that a casual visitor would not get to see.
This was my experience in June as well. The return to the airport was on the regular shuttle bus.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by NW-A332
This was my experience in June as well. The return to the airport was on the regular shuttle bus.
Right. The private transport seems to be upon arrival only.... which is when it's needed.
NW-A332 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Happy

Gold (the old Gold, now the new Plat), received the same treatment. We are 4 out of 4. When we went to the desk the staff just showed us where to sit and told us a car would come shortly. At arriving the hotel the elite guest relation manager was waiting and she brought us up to our room for check in formality. We have not had a single check in done at the regular reception.
This hotel treats elites very well. Our last stay was using the 7 nights Travel Package cert when hotel was at 30k/night. At current 25k/night it is even a better value. If you have enough time in the city and you know how to use the E bus from the depot ar Expo across the parking lot, you can go anywhere in Hong Kong island / Kowloon / New Territories. Just use it as a double decker sightseeing bus to see many parts of the city that a casual visitor would not get to see.
I, too, am a previous MR Gold now MR PL so how does one go about making sure this arrival service is available? My stay is Friday of next week so might an email come my way early next week?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Xeno
I, too, am a previous MR Gold now MR PL so how does one go about making sure this arrival service is available? My stay is Friday of next week so might an email come my way early next week?
We never contact the hotel in advance. They have a list of the elite guests arrive that date. When you come to the desk the staff simply look up your name on the list and then make arrangement accordingly.

They will look after you.
Xeno likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
You can't. I contacted the hotel about this previously, Their reply was that the car transfer is not an official benefit and not guaranteed. The official transfer it by bus, but if available then they will offer the car transfer to Elites.
Xeno likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:23 pm

The desk in the map is actually a general Marriott desk for all the Marriott properties in Hong Kong. You tell them which hotel you have a reservation for and then they look you up.
Xeno likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by NW-A332
The desk in the map is actually a general Marriott desk for all the Marriott properties in Hong Kong. You tell them which hotel you have a reservation for and then they look you up.
And if you made a same day res your name won't appear because they simply have a clipboard with reservations and from one DP it's only printed out in the morning. In that case don't waste time going to the desk and head directly to the shuttle.

Just remembered this happened to me a year or two ago
Old Sep 7, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Thanks for all the helpful information. I will be leaving this morning but knowing details made it so much easier to get the special shuttle and Conceire assistance for check-in.

BTW, I could have gone for the biggest breakfast downstairs but I was quite happy with the offerings in the lounge.

Last edited by Xeno; Sep 7, 2018 at 4:40 pm
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Does anyone have an e-mail contact for this hotel or details on how to book a day rate?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 11:21 pm

This is the email address that I have corresponded with: "MHRS, Hong Kong China SkyCity Guest Relations" <[email protected]>
steveholt likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Does anyone remember if there are lockers and showers in the mens area of the fitness center/spa? will be staying here on a MR in a week and have an evening flight out. Would like to tour in the daytime, come back and do a workout in the gym then shower and change before heading to the airport. Concerned I may not be able to get late checkout (which wouldn't really be late enough) given it will be NY's Eve and they'll probably want to sell my room.

Or I could go to the airport in my sweaty gym clothes, check in, and use the showers in the lounge...

Thanks for all the useful info on this thread, everyone!
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
We are arriving late and the lounge offerings will be over, do you recommend any One World/CX arrivals lounges for dinner? Which one would be closer to the Marriott transportation desk? (It sounds like there is one such desk?)
The hotel now seems to be 35k points/night?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:28 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nk15
We are arriving late and the lounge offerings will be over, do you recommend any One World/CX arrivals lounges for dinner? Which one would be closer to the Marriott transportation desk? (It sounds like there is one such desk?)
The hotel now seems to be 35k points/night?
Yikes, I have a booking there for 25,000 points locked in - since when was this devalued to 35,000? Not good!
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by NoY
Yikes, I have a booking there for 25,000 points locked in - since when was this devalued to 35,000? Not good!
Probably March 8? It is a freaking disaster, it's what it is...35k/night or $310 paid rate. Even though it is a cat. 5, the new Marriott card certificates now only allow bookings up to 25k/nights, when with the old rules I could get this (cat 1-5). Even worse, the site doesn't even let me do the booking without the points in my account, even though it is not past the cancellation date.

In other words, another Marriott customer Bonvoyed in the a$$. I regret the moment I had the bad luck to book with transit through this extortionate city, where my overnight choices are either $240 at the Regal with the bedbugs, or $310 for this SkyCity bs. Never again!
NoY likes this.

Last edited by nk15; Mar 29, 2019 at 12:48 am
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by nk15
SNIP
I regret the moment I had the bad luck to book with transit through this extortionate city, where my overnight choices are either $240 at the Regal with the bedbugs, or $310 for this SkyCity bs. Never again!
Oh just get the 30-45 minute bus direct to the Courtyard Sha Tin if you're that bothered about it all. It's a steal on points and can often be had for ~HK$1000. It's got a lounge with evening booze for Platinums. Go to the local Korean bar-be-cue for dinner for ~HK$200 a head with free-flow meat and beer. In the morning get a taxi direct to the airport and you'll be there in 30 minutes. Enjoy your evening. Chill. Life's supposed to be fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.