Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott [Master Thread]

Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer

Hotel email address: [email protected]>
Print Wikipost

Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott [Master Thread]

Old May 27, 2018, 3:47 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
OP admitted he wanted to take an extra bottle of lotion for while on the next flight - so yes greedy is the term that comes to mind

I am a Mandarin speaker too - greedy is not necessarily that rude a term in Mandarin

I can't believe OP would make such a big deal out of such a small problem that could potentially cause a woman a job because she was looking after best interests of hotel's revenue

I am not sure why an individual would need 2 40ml bottles of lotion for a 1 night stay unless you plan to use one at home or on lonely nights on the road
Happy, Jiatong and nacho like this.
Old May 27, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Kacee
I don't understand why people post dozens of pictures of stuff no one cares about, including bottles of water, the Thann toiletries, and the inside of the refrigerator.
Some people are pretty particular about things that I wouldnt necessarily care about when they travel. Pics that get the most "thumbs up" for me on Tripadvisor are pics of the fridge, toilet and tub\shower, go figure. Fridge is a big one it seems although I never consider it myself.... I say more information is better than less.
Old May 27, 2018, 10:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by mcgahat
I say more information is better than less.
Yeah I disagree with that. Not all information has value or needs to be shared. I recognize for example that no one really cares what I had for breakfast this morning (or what the housekeeper said to her colleague in the hallway).
Old May 27, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I don't understand why people post dozens of pictures of stuff no one cares about, including bottles of water, the Thann toiletries, and the inside of the refrigerator.
Because other people do care. Each person is different. Speaking only for myself, I appreciate any FTer who is willing to write a review & post pics of the property, etc.

Cheers.
nacho likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Because other people do care. Each person is different. Speaking only for myself, I appreciate any FTer who is willing to write a review & post pics of the property, etc.
About pics of water bottles and Thann toiletries? GMAB. It clogs the thread and makes it slow to load when members post a bunch of irrelevant pics.
Happy likes this.
Old May 27, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Yeah I disagree with that. Not all information has value or needs to be shared. I recognize for example that no one really cares what I had for breakfast this morning (or what the housekeeper said to her colleague in the hallway).
Like others, I am a naturally curious person. If you had breakfast at a hotel that I will potentially stay at or on a flight that I might take.....I would like to see a picture of it. Please share.

I just pointed out that what some feel is useful may not match up with what I think is useful, I am sure it works the other way around. In a diverse community you will have that.
Old May 28, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Sitting in the lounge now and I like the food offering which is IMO better than Marriott Surawongse Bangkok happy hour where I just I checked out today from 8N stay. At 6:30pm, very full and no standalone table left. BTW HH ends at 8:30pm which is very generous for those late check in Elites.I believe Surawongse happy hour food is one of the best among Marriott hotels in BKK.

I paid corporate rate which is 200+ HKD above non-cancel. rate and upgraded to ocean suit room at floor 11 as Gold.

So far Im very satisfied.

Last edited by tomwhom; May 28, 2018 at 6:26 am
Old May 28, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
... and the inside of the refrigerator.
That one is actually important, to me anyway. Is the 'fridge full of their stuff? How much room is in it? Many times I'll bring up my own stuff to put in the 'fridge and if it's smaller-than-dorm-room-sized it won't hold anything much.

What's really annoying is the trend toward 'fridges with PN-junction (solid-state) coolers, but that's another discussion for another time and thread.
Old May 28, 2018, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Because other people do care. Each person is different. Speaking only for myself, I appreciate any FTer who is willing to write a review & post pics of the property,
While information is generally a good thing, excessive and/or redundant information is just electronic pollution, taking up bandwidth, wasting our time and attention, and causing annoyance. There are way too many useless photos cluttering up these boards.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
margaritagirl provided info for the exec lounge sticky that was more than I need for the sticky, so thought I'd post the extra info here. Thanks to MG for the info.

Executive Lounge on 12th floor, open daily from 06:00-00:00 (midnight) offers:

Snack delights, fruits, beverages
Breakfast choice in lounge from 06:00-10:30 or buffet breakfast at SkyCity Bistro 06:30-11:00
Evening cocktails and canapes from 17:30-20:30

Cheers.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
That one is actually important, to me anyway. Is the 'fridge full of their stuff? How much room is in it? Many times I'll bring up my own stuff to put in the 'fridge and if it's smaller-than-dorm-room-sized it won't hold anything much.

What's really annoying is the trend toward 'fridges with PN-junction (solid-state) coolers, but that's another discussion for another time and thread.
There are "stuffs" in the minibar size fridge at the hotel - it filled up about half of it. I
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriott Titanium, KF Gold
any pics for the renovated rooms?
​​
Thanks
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by mcgahat
Just got a pre-arrival email for my stay later this week and they actually included a map to the transportation desk.

So this map is to help one find the bus mentioned a few posts earlier from HKG airport?

I thought the general HKG thread recommended using Airport Express to an Expo then walking.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Xeno
So this map is to help one find the bus mentioned a few posts earlier from HKG airport?

I thought the general HKG thread recommended using Airport Express to an Expo then walking.
This is not the bus, the shuttle can be found by walking to the lower level of Terminal 2. So head down toward Airport buses, turn left, walk past the left luggage and CX Arrivals Lounge and toward the back.

This map is for the counter when Plats can link up with a private car to the hotel. I don't know if this is all the time but I'm 3 of 3.
mcgahat likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dsquared37
This is not the bus, the shuttle can be found by walking to the lower level of Terminal 2. So head down toward Airport buses, turn left, walk past the left luggage and CX Arrivals Lounge and toward the back.

This map is for the counter when Plats can link up with a private car to the hotel. I don't know if this is all the time but I'm 3 of 3.
Gold (the old Gold, now the new Plat), received the same treatment. We are 4 out of 4. When we went to the desk the staff just showed us where to sit and told us a car would come shortly. At arriving the hotel the elite guest relation manager was waiting and she brought us up to our room for check in formality. We have not had a single check in done at the regular reception.
This hotel treats elites very well. Our last stay was using the 7 nights Travel Package cert when hotel was at 30k/night. At current 25k/night it is even a better value. If you have enough time in the city and you know how to use the E bus from the depot ar Expo across the parking lot, you can go anywhere in Hong Kong island / Kowloon / New Territories. Just use it as a double decker sightseeing bus to see many parts of the city that a casual visitor would not get to see.

Last edited by Happy; Aug 30, 2018 at 7:44 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.