Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2018, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by xar
Submitted a new claim and got this reply. Website works for me here in Asia but “blocked” for the agents (where are they based anyway? US?)

I am denying your claim because I am unable to access Amoma.com and I cannot verify that a lower rate is available on the comparison site you submitted.
I'm in the US and have no trouble accessing amoma!
Old Sep 13, 2018, 11:47 pm
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Too bad they not accept screenshots. Anyway I did what @shevboyz suggested. Just raise a new ticket and try again.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xar
Yeah somehow i think the processed is rigged.
Even if you found a lower price elsewhere (with screenshot evidence that is ignored) they would somehow respond with a one-liner saying their is still cheaper (without any screenshot evidence)
Screenshots are laughingly easy to doctor. No sensible company would rely on customer screenshots without independent verification.

Often the issue is point of sale. Sometimes the OTA rate is different based on the country you are searching from, or whether you accessed via the likes of Trivago or Kayak.

All you can do is resubmit with better instructions about how you found the rate.

FWIW I've had BRG approvals for rates much lower than the ones I've found. So it works both ways...
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by flo_147
Well, do they accept it, when I book a cheaper rate on Expedia and give them access to this rate via the itinerary #? The process would be: First lock in the Marriott rate, then book the cheaper Expedia rate and then file the LNF and give them access to yr itinerary. Would that work even if they can't see the rate online anymore?, The LNF form says "lower rate found or RESERVED"...
For the LNF to verify your results/claim, they need the actual link you searched and found the rate on.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
What I really don't get though is why they can't have the system automatically take full page screenshot of the URL submitted in competing site link at the moment of submitting claim and then have the agent review it at some point later, this would solve like 90% of the issues.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by porkie
What I really don't get though is why they can't have the system automatically take full page screenshot of the URL submitted in competing site link at the moment of submitting claim and then have the agent review it at some point later, this would solve like 90% of the issues.
As someone mentioned earlier, screenshot can be easily photoshopped. Anyone with half decent skill can do that.
Unless they have a time machine, I think this is the best they can do.

Hilton brg does take screenshots but have tonnes of exclusion criteria. I rather Marriott stick to their way of doing things, at least the brg is legit over here.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:28 am
xar

Originally Posted by xar
Too bad they not accept screenshots. Anyway I did what @shevboyz suggested. Just raise a new ticket and try again.
Update. The new ticket tricked worked and my claim is now approved.

Rate i paid: 1880
Rate Agent Found: 1340
Updated Discounted Rate: (I took the discount over 5k pts) --> 1200
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xar
Update. The new ticket tricked worked and my claim is now approved.

Rate i paid: 1880
Rate Agent Found: 1340
Updated Discounted Rate: (I took the discount over 5k pts) --> 1200
Nice to hear that. The lnf game sometime need alot of patience. Trust me, I have my fair share of frustration as well but overall it's a legit program.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by shevboyz
Trust me, I have my fair share of frustration as well but overall it's a legit program.
It's the only legit one left. It wouldn't be Flyertalk if people didn't complain, but Marriott could quite easily wake up in 2019 and decide to run it like Hyatt, IHG or Hilton, denying claims for even the tiniest differences.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by shevboyz
As someone mentioned earlier, screenshot can be easily photoshopped. Anyone with half decent skill can do that.
Unless they have a time machine, I think this is the best they can do.

Hilton brg does take screenshots but have tonnes of exclusion criteria. I rather Marriott stick to their way of doing things, at least the brg is legit over here.
I did not mean screenshots sent by members, I mean their system should automatically take screenshot of url that member provided in claim details, this way they’d have independent source of how the page really looked like when the claim was submitted.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by tfong007
Another result of the IT integration cock-up is that the BRG claim form is formatted only for Marriott reservation numbers. Starwood reservations have an additional digit. This kind of stuff just adds to the frustration we are all dealing with. Let the incompetence continue.
The website has been updated to accept 9 digits.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 2:38 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by porkie

I did not mean screenshots sent by members, I mean their system should automatically take screenshot of url that member provided in claim details, this way they’d have independent source of how the page really looked like when the claim was submitted.
I'd love that too. It's so frustrating if they come back with

I am denying your claim because Marriott has determined that a valid Marriott reservation cannot be completed using the comparison source provided.

You can review our terms and conditions here:

http://www.marriott.com/hotel-rates/travel.mi
How difficult would it be to be specific at which point the problem arose? Sometimes I have the feeling they are sending out this mail to the first 25 requests each day to fulfill their target number of reviewed cases every day.

HTB.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:25 am
xar

Question: Looking at the different rate options below, any idea if i can book using a non-SPG member rate (Prepaid or Flexible) to do a LNF claim?
Afternote: Quite odd for Marriott to leave non-member rates still available for selection to members.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
No. I already got into this with them. They said anyone can apply for the membership so thats the rate to use.

I have a reservation that I matched that they approved. Now the price has dropped again on the competing website and instead of adjusting the existing claim. They told me I need to make a new reservation with the new claim and once that is approved they will cancel the pre-existing reservation.

Also a tip is that they now look at the rate type as in prepaid or refundable. So your reservation must match so in most cases you will have to pre-pay so it just adds a level of certainty in your BRG reservations. Wasted a day figuring it out.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by tfong007
No. I already got into this with them. They said anyone can apply for the membership so thats the rate to use.

I have a reservation that I matched that they approved. Now the price has dropped again on the competing website and instead of adjusting the existing claim. They told me I need to make a new reservation with the new claim and once that is approved they will cancel the pre-existing reservation.

Also a tip is that they now look at the rate type as in prepaid or refundable. So your reservation must match so in most cases you will have to pre-pay so it just adds a level of certainty in your BRG reservations. Wasted a day figuring it out.
That is correct. Once a BRG has been approved, you have to make a new reservation even if it's within 24 hrs of your first reservation if you want to submit a new BRG..

The change on matching cancellation policies happened at the end of May. You should drop into FT more often.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.