Courtyard Chennai - Lounge Access?

Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Courtyard Chennai - Lounge Access?

Just booked a stay at the Courtyard in Chennai (India).

When looking at the hotel info, I noticed they have an executive lounge (and rooms that include access). Was wondering if anyone with gold status (or higher) and who has stayed at this property (or another CY with a lounge, if there are any), received access when staying in a regular room. I know its a benefit at a Marriott, JW, etc., but have never heard of this at Courtyard.

Would appreciate anyone with knowledge chiming in. I did try and call reservations, but the agent was just as preplexed as me that there was a lounge at a CY, and had no idea if I would get free access as a gold.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
A lot of the CYs in India & Asia have exec lounges (unlike N.Am & Europe), so as Gold you would have access.

Cheers.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 3:54 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
It was a few years ago that I stayed there, but both my friend (Gold) and I (Plat) received access to the lounge.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks for the responses. Sounds like I will have access. Double checked the web page with the elite benefits list, as well, which also doesn't mention CY as the brands included in the footnote, so that's why I was confused.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Looking at staying here. I know I'll get access, but was wondering how the breakfast was as a gold member? Was it in the lounge?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:46 pm
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
I have not stayed at the CY in Chennai, but I have stayed in the CYs in Kochi, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, Mumbai and other cities. Except for Hyderabad, the others have lounges, and as Gold Elite, I was allowed access.
In Hyderabad, there is a full service Marriott next door (with a connected walkway), and I was allowed to use their lounge.

In general, the CYs in India are actually like the full service Marriotts in the USA.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 6:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Property website says it's been renovated recently.

Also, re: lounge:
  • This room features Executive lounge access
  • Open: Sun-Sat, Open: 07:00 am to 11.00 pm
  • Private access floor
  • Business services, for a fee
  • Buffet Breakfast at Paprika - Coffee Shop
  • Happy Hours at Executive Lounge from 5.30 pm to 08.30 pm
  • Complimentary Tea / Coffee from 07.00 am to 11.00 pm
  • Compliemantay Snacks during Happy Hours at Executive Lounge
dinoscool3 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I stayed here last June (was gold then). I got lounge access and restaurant breakfast.

At that time there was liquor ban (don't know if that's lifted now or not) so there was no liquor in lounge (actually no liquor in hotel itself).

I have a 1 night stay next week and will update the current state of things next week (I am now platinum though so that may make a difference) .I will ask about gold privileges for you and report.
dinoscool3 likes this.
Old May 3, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I completed another 1 night stay yesterday (night of May 1, 2018)

I was initially not upgraded (front desk said I was, but I got a small room on top floor close to the lounge). I called front desk and told them if I can get a better upgrade (preferably to a suite).

The front desk manager called me back and told that they have no suites (because of renovation) but he can upgrade me to a bigger room. I took that offer and they upgraded me to a really big room (could easily be converted to a suite by adding a dividing wall).

We checked in at 9 am, which was no problem, they also allowed us breakfast on the day of arrival (and the next day too). The breakfast was in the restaurant, not in the lounge. Arrival gift was 250 points or a food and a beverage amenity.

One thing to understand is that if you get an upgrade your room charges will change. The base price will remain the same but the taxes will go from 18% to 28%.

If you need a contact at hotel to reach out to in advance, PM me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.