Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]

Old May 30, 2019, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from May 2018:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...-recovery-2624
Print Wikipost

Ritz Carlton Kyoto, Japan [Master Thread]

Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Having technical issues trying to book RC or Suiran. Called Marriott China reservations but they only open 9-5 weekdays. ....

So called both Suiran and RC. Suiran told me they will be category 8 in 2019 so couldnt help me. It was an unpleasant conversation. Don't think Ibwill stay there.

RC said they will call me back when their internal reservations people work and that it is indeed 60,000 points and that they gove breakfast to plats. I think I know where I will book next trip to Kyoto...
Old Oct 20, 2018, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by SHLTP
You are so lucky on getting points! We were actually looking to arrive on the 29th. No points available. On my screens (yes have had to look on different platforms) nothing available from mid March on. Looked to me like blocked off.

May I ask how you booked? App, if so, which one? Website, if so, which browser? Or did you call?

I'd be absolutely thrilled with 5 nights at that time on points with breakfast. I hope breakfast stays.
I studied the pattern when Ritz Kyoto releases the rooms for points (I booked right at midnight as soon as the rooms were released and I saw availabilities right through last day of March 2019). I booked on their website using my marriott account from my ipad on internet explore (NOT using APP). When I booked, each room for 7 nights was priced at $17000.

May be you booked too late?

A few days after I booked my stay with points, my friends tried to book it for around the same time but no luck at all! Either it’s really sold out or they completely blocked it off.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 9:35 pm
kkl

I have a 5 night 20-25 March res that I will most likely cancel. Will be happy to let you know when my plans are concrete

Need 1 night 10-11 April to combine my current bookings for a 5 night stay
Old Oct 20, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I spoke w RC today. They followed up exactly when reservations opened (Suiran still has not). RC said fully booked from 17th on by points and can't use points for higher category rooms. Person who called me very nice and suggested Suiran or 4 seasons, or RC and STR Osaka. Oh well. I will keep checking for my dates that I can do (coinciding will Tomb Sweeping holidays).

She said she prefers RC Osaka as 20 mins by train to Kyoto vs 35 mins for STR. I am seeing points for both Osaka properties. 60,000 for RC and 48k for STR for 5 nights via app, 48k for both via website.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by musicscrip

We have 2 rooms booked on rewards March 21-28 2019 and we are PPE. We are just happy to use the points for our stay and expect no upgrades and will be happy with the free breakfast!
Just out of curiosity, why did you pick those dates? Isn't that too early for peak bloom?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by kapooncha
Just out of curiosity, why did you pick those dates? Isn't that too early for peak bloom?
Cherry blossom peak was March 27th this year! Also because we only wanted 1 day seeing the cherry blossom and hopefully it will be the 2nd last day of our trip. We have two kids under 5 so seeing cherry blossom is pretty boring for them. Booked a few kids activities paid and free with Ritz Kyoto already.

When I booked, prices at the hotel started to double after March 22nd.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:43 am
Suspended

Cherry blossom peak was March 27th this year! Also because we only wanted 1 day seeing the cherry blossom and hopefully it will be the 2nd last day of our trip. We have two kids under 5 so seeing cherry blossom is pretty boring for them. Booked a few kids activities paid and free with Ritz Kyoto already.

When I booked, prices at the hotel started to double after March 22nd.
That makes sense but from what I've read that was considered a very early peak bloom. I've got March 31-Apr 5 for 2019. Hoping that works out.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:45 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Can anyone confirm they are now giving free breakfast to plats ? If so that is a huge benefit.

Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Gabrca
Can anyone confirm they are now giving free breakfast to plats ? If so that is a huge benefit.

I am PPE and yes, we will be getting free breakfast for our March 2019 stay.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by Gabrca

It is a platinum benefit of the hotel.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 4:43 pm
THR

Anyone have any opinions on three adults at RC Kyoto?

We would be booking for 2 or 3 nights (award booking); myself/partner (sharing a double) and a friend.

Just not sure whether it would be too small for three.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by THR
Anyone have any opinions on three adults at RC Kyoto?

We would be booking for 2 or 3 nights (award booking); myself/partner (sharing a double) and a friend.

Just not sure whether it would be too small for three.
A few years ago, my wife and I got stuck in a room with a double queens. The hotel was full that particular night and realizing that we'd prefer not to sleep like Dick Van Dyke, they brought up some sort of board/cushion that went under the mattresses and pushed the queens together. I'll never forget how large that bed was - literally it could have slept 4 or 5 - so I know they have that flexibility. It was the only time we weren't upgraded to a suite at that hotel, and it only lasted one night. The next night, we were upgraded to a 4th floor zen garden suite for the remainder of our stay, which was another week.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by txpenny
A few years ago, my wife and I got stuck in a room with a double queens. The hotel was full that particular night and realizing that we'd prefer not to sleep like Dick Van Dyke, they brought up some sort of board/cushion that went under the mattresses and pushed the queens together. I'll never forget how large that bed was - literally it could have slept 4 or 5 - so I know they have that flexibility. It was the only time we weren't upgraded to a suite at that hotel, and it only lasted one night. The next night, we were upgraded to a 4th floor zen garden suite for the remainder of our stay, which was another week.
wow...the suite sounds amazing! We booked two rooms for a week in the end of March on points and one room as plat premier and one room as plat so hopefully at least one room will get a few days of upgrade. But we requested to have 2 beds in each room (room 1: 3 adults, room 2: 2 adults and 2 toddlers) so I have a feeling the suites upgrade will be difficult as most suites only have 1 bed.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:57 pm

wow...the suite sounds amazing! We booked two rooms for a week in the end of March on points and one room as plat premier and one room as plat so hopefully at least one room will get a few days of upgrade. But we requested to have 2 beds in each room (room 1: 3 adults, room 2: 2 adults and 2 toddlers) so I have a feeling the suites upgrade will be difficult as most suites only have 1 bed.
Every suite I've been in at the RC-Ky has had a rather large comfy couch. I honestly don't know if I've ever checked to see if it was a trundle.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:02 pm

Not a trundle, but comfy nonetheless.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.