Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Singapore [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zebranz
Hotel emails

Guest Services: [email protected]
Guest Relations Officer: [email protected] (Tried this on 11 Dec 2022 and returned)
Print Wikipost

Ritz Carlton Singapore [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
The upgrade seems to be a result of the guest reaching out to the hotel, not because she booked through Marriott or had her status recognized
I’m pretty good at writing letters. I’m currently in a spectacular Turquoise Suite at JW Emerald Bay (booked with cat 4 travel certificate), pre-upgraded 2 weeks ago. Who needs an ambassador?

What’s annoying is I had a 4 night reservation at the RC and truly wasn’t expecting anything, so booked my flights to PQC to leave after 3 nights in SIN. Wish I had stayed for the extra night.

I’ll try to load more pics today.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Club Lounge

Pics of lounge.

(Still trying to figure this out. Thought I’d be able to do it from my iPhone, but nothing came through!)

Last edited by margarita girl; Jan 21, 2019 at 2:53 am
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pics of Club Lounge.

TGLoyalty and xar like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

View of MBS from Club Lounge

Chef's station

(OMG, painful, but I was able to upload photos one at a time using Chrome instead of MS Edge. Impossible to add additional photos using Edit with either browser. Sorry for the multiple posts!)
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Millenia Suite

Now that I have this picture thing figured out!

Study

Huge bathroom and shower stall. There was a powder room too that I did not take a picture of.

You could see MBS from all the windows, but here it is from the bed!
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Wow, awesome suite. Looks like the lounge was not too crowded, either.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I just completed a 3 night stay at this hotel on an amazing promotional fare.
complimentary buffet breakfast
upgraded to an 1100 sq ft Millenia Suite
given lounge access for the first night
honored mistake rate (almost free?) and extended things when property doesnt participate in rewards, awesome

singapore is not a well regarded city for hotels, this is an example of why some stick with the RC there
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
honored mistake rate (almost free?) and extended things when property doesnt participate in rewards, awesome

singapore is not a well regarded city for hotels, this is an example of why some stick with the RC there
You forgot the part about view of MBS.

To be fair, Chase is the one who took the loss on this, not RC. So they probably saw my rate as $400+.

However, I’m still willing to hire out my services to anyone who is dissatisfied with their ambassador.
Kacee likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ah, like FHR thing, where amex paid ex-GH santiago

but RC SIN still doesnt participate in rewards program
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by margarita girl

You forgot the part about view of MBS.

To be fair, Chase is the one who took the loss on this, not RC. So they probably saw my rate as $400+.

However, I’m still willing to hire out my services to anyone who is dissatisfied with their ambassador.
If you can do better than two macaroons (with a note from the substitute 24/7 Ambassador as my own Ambassador was AWOL) in six months of Ambassador stays, you might have a new client.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:24 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri

when I stays during my 'mistake rate' booking there, I didn't get anything, not even free breakfast.
Didn't push further though since I'm only paying less than $20 per night
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you can do better than two macaroons (with a note from the substitute 24/7 Ambassador as my own Ambassador was AWOL) in six months of Ambassador stays, you might have a new client.
Those are some expensive macaroons.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:36 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
Those are some expensive macaroons.
Yeah, based on my 2018 spend, I figure about $20,000+ per macaroon, although they were presented in a cute little mesh bag that might be worth something (less than a thousand yen) too. Did I mention that I didn't even get a holiday best wishes email from anyone at Starriott, including my assigned Ambassador? RIP the year we got the wonderful chocolates as a holiday gift, or some surprises such as a bathrobe (LTP?) and tote bag (random gift, but very much appreciated).

Can we perhaps hope for something when Bonvoy officially starts in February? Even DL sent out "merger gifts" (Tiffany lead crystal vase) to PMNW elites during the merger.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 12:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Nights at RC SIN count for elite status?

I know the hotel doesn't participate in the program so we can't earn, but do nights spent there count towards the nights needed to requalify elite?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Will nights at RC Singapore count towards Plat qual?

I know the RC in Singapore doesn't participate in Bonvoy, so I won't earn points, and generally they don't care about your status (though in the past i've gotten a courtesy upgrade for Plat). My questions are:

1. Will the nights there count towards my Plat qual even if they aren't earning points

2. If I use an SPG branded AMEX will this spend earn 6x points, or will it be just 1:1, in which case i'll use a CSR and 3x it.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.