Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Singapore [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: zebranz
Hotel emails

Guest Services: [email protected]
Guest Relations Officer: [email protected] (Tried this on 11 Dec 2022 and returned)
Print Wikipost

Ritz Carlton Singapore [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

RC owner owns 3 other Singapore hotels: conrad, regent, capella
it is the largest RC, not sure if that is a coincidence or not
singapore is not a super well regarded city for upscale hotels

will not join MR, as they are only RC that has not joined
only 3 RC franchises - montreal, chicago, bvlgari london
first 2 due to trademark, presumably same for london
all other RC are managed, RC manages other bvlgari

marriott allowed many to not participate even entire sub brands
whereas starwood finally had gotten all properties to participate

most revenue/profit from top guests, gross profit from alcohol

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 30, 2018 at 3:29 pm
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:24 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
they will not join, and they are only RC that has not joined
only 3 RC franchises - montreal, chicago, bvlgari london

marriott allowed many to not participate even entire sub brands
whereas starwood finally had gotten all properties to participate
Probably not...but RC Chicago and RC Montreal both now participate in the loyalty program. Along with RC Residences Waikiki Honolulu. So most of those that weren’t participating actually now participate.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I would like to assure you that we are diligently lobbying to be admitted to the Rewards Program and as you can imagine, we are just as eager you to get this moving forward as this would give us the opportunity of enhancing our recognition of loyal The Ritz-Carlton and Marriott guests.
Sounds like total bs to me. Much like a front desk agent saying "sorry, we're booked full" instead of, "yes, we have suites available, we're just not going to give you one."
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

cannot compare

sounds like they are seeing what deals were gotten by Chicago and montreal
and what changes are being made by marriott for all properties
note marriott is no longer competing vs well regarded SPG program
thing is chicago and montreal hold trademarks that singapore does not

newly reflagged in 2015 RC chicago, managed by sage
RC montreal likely worked out a deal that prompted chicago deal
newly opened in 2016 RC waikiki and 2010 RC vail - only residence-only hotels
recent 2009 RC reserve brand , 2004 JV bvlgari brand exempt - 3 + 6 = 9 = most
even if excluding bvlgari because JV, vail is 4th vs the 3 that did sign deals
(and for example designhotels (and SLH) are not franchises, no public details)

RC singapore opened 1996
and IIRC there was a brief period they participated in past

RC always allowed award redemption, was earning they added later

re web reservations, Four Seasons continues taking bookings after hotel is sold out

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 30, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
first 2 due to trademark, presumably same for london

Are you sure that the Bulgari London isn't managed by Marriott International or its Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company subsidy? It was my understanding that every Ritz-Carlton, except Kuala Lumpur, and all Bulgari and Edition properties were managed by corporate.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
thing is chicago and montreal hold trademarks that singapore does not
This is false.

Chicago and Montreal held a license to use the name and operate a hotel from the predecessor of the Marriott-owned subsidy that controls Ritz-Carlton today. That's different than a trademark.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

bvlgari london is franchise managed by owner
possibly due to whatever ritz london holds
thank you for clarifying it is license not trademark

kuala lumpur is managed, may have been owned as leasehold?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 30, 2018 at 4:43 pm
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:39 pm
Suspended

kuala lumpur is managed, may have been owned as leasehold?
The Ritz-Carlton, Kuala Lumpur is owned and managed by YTL. https://www.ytlhotels.com/resorts-and-hotels
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

YTL owns it, and RC samui, and planned RC reserve niseko

management contract for latter two >
nisekotourism.com/images/uploads/Press_Release_-_YTL_Hotels__Marriott_Intl_19_Nov.pdf

management contract for an edition and a JW >
thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2017/12/06/ytl-hotels-ties-up-with-marriott-again-to-roll-out-four-new-hotels/

asiaone.com/business/ytl-expansion-mode-eyes-acquisitions
"11 existing hotels under management contracts with Marriott"

not sure if YTL built or acquired RC kuala lumpur

marriott says 1 franchised bulgari 85 rooms = london
2011 article: ritz london/paris 'license' expired in 2018
cpp-luxury.com/why-so-many-of-the-announced-luxury-hotels-are-delayed/
For those of you wondering why Ritz Carlton has no planned openings for London and Paris, the most dynamic luxury hospitality markets worldwide, the answer is simple. The brand has long been registered and maintained exclusively by the two existing independently owned and managed Ritz Hotels (Ritz London, Ritz Paris) and it will take another 7 years for the issue to be cleared.
marriott says 2 leased international RC
302 room opened 2004 = berlin (common in germany)
250 rooms opened Q2 2007 = ?

marriott counts: RC chicago franchise (sage manages)
does not identify RC montreal due to its unique history
(designhotels also not identifed)

counts in financials including Q3 2018
('all') past counts in investor factbook

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 30, 2018 at 5:48 pm
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I just completed a 3 night stay at this hotel on an amazing promotional fare. My usual go to hotel in SIN is the Fairmont because of the location, lounge and suite upgrades (I've been in a 1500 sq ft penthouse suite at least 5 times). Fairmont is undergoing extensive renovations and there are no suites available and the lounge is closed. So figured I might as well use my speculative booking at the RC and go in expecting nothing, and I wouldn't be disappointed.

My ambassador's assistant (me ) contacted the hotel to request lounge access. I was told no, but was offered a 700 sq ft Deluxe Suite and complimentary buffet breakfast instead. OK, wasn't expecting that!

Fast forward to check-in, and I was further upgraded to an 1100 sq ft Millenia Suite with view of Marina Bay Sands and given lounge access for the first night. Wow, wow, wow.

The hotel was amazing and the service was impeccable. The lounge was very elegant and had incredible views. The breakfast was outstanding. The only suggestion I have is to put a V on the labels of vegetarian dishes.

I forgot my glasses in the restaurant one day, and they were returned to my room on a towel elephant!

(

Anyhow, wondering if it's too late for me to become a Crazy Rich Asian! Otherwise, will have to wait for another promotional fare.

(I can't seem to post more than 1 pic. You can see the suite on the RC website.)

Last edited by margarita girl; Jan 20, 2019 at 4:59 am
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I just completed a 3 night stay at this hotel on an amazing promotional fare. My usual go to hotel in SIN is the Fairmont because of the location, lounge and suite upgrades (I've been in a 1500 sq ft penthouse suite at least 5 times). Fairmont is undergoing extensive renovations and there are no suites available and the lounge is closed. So figured I might as well use my speculative booking at the RC and go in expecting nothing, and I wouldn't be disappointed.

My ambassador's assistant (me ) contacted the hotel to request lounge access. I was told no, but was offered a 700 sq ft Deluxe Suite and complimentary buffet breakfast instead. OK, wasn't expecting that!

Fast forward to check-in, and I was further upgraded to an 1100 sq ft Millenia Suite with view of Marina Bay Sands and given lounge access for the first night. Wow, wow, wow.

The hotel was amazing and the service was impeccable. The lounge was very elegant and had incredible views. The breakfast was outstanding. The only suggestion I have is to put a V on the labels of vegetarian dishes.

I forgot my glasses in the restaurant one day, and they were returned to my room on a towel elephant!

(

Anyhow, wondering if it's too late for me to become a Crazy Rich Asian! Otherwise, will have to wait for another promotional fare.

(I can't seem to post more than 1 pic. You can see the suite on the RC website.)
No pictures of the food or lounge?

Did they recognize your status at check-in?

Did you get points?
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
No pictures of the food or lounge?

Did you get points?
1) I tried to post a bunch of pics, and each one I added replaced the previous one. I have a lot of difficulty with FT website since it was enhanced about a year ago. I can't do multiple quotes either.
2) Not sure if they mentioned it first or if I did. They never mentioned the better upgrade at check-in. It's only when I got to the room that I realized I wasn't in a Deluxe Suite.
3) No, and I don't expect any since it was booked through an OTA and this hotel has opted out of the Rewards program. I asked for and got a zero dollar folio at check out.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
You mean apart from the upgrade to an 1100 sq ft suite with views of MBS?
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kacee
You mean apart from the upgrade to an 1100 sq ft suite with views of MBS?
The upgrade seems to be a result of the guest reaching out to the hotel, not because she booked through Marriott or had her status recognized
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
1) I tried to post a bunch of pics, and each one I added replaced the previous one. I have a lot of difficulty with FT website since it was enhanced about a year ago.
I can't post more than one picture at a time either. The workaround is to post one picture, then go back and edit the post. When editing, you can add one additional picture.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.