Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by bsagator
I'm having trouble deciding on where to stay for my 2nd week in Bali, if in fact I do decide to stay the 2nd week in Bali and not venture elsewhere. I'm traveling solo, and am single, so will be staying out late at night. I'm staying my first week in Seminyak at the Dash hotel because it seems unique and exciting. The last time I stayed in Bali, it was with my ex-wife at the W. But the good news is that my sister recently got a job with Starwood, so I have access to some great rates. I really can not make up my mind at this time, and I literally have all 3 hotels booked. The great part is that I cancel all the reservations up to 1 day prior with no fees.

4 points Kuta- $49/night in their standard room.
Sheraton Kuta- $69/night in their ocean view room.
Le Meridian- $79/night in their lagoon view room.

Right now, I'm leaning towards the LM with the 4 points as my last choice. I'll be spending quite some time in the room, and the LM has the biggest room by far. The Sheraton has great reviews on tripadvisor, and I like their layout as well. Rooms are a decent size. I wouldn't really consider the 4 points, but at that price it's more of a "why not"?

My second "half" stay would be for 5 nights. I would prefer to stay in one place the whole time, but would be willing to do 3 nights at the LM during the week, and then my last two nights, Friday and Saturday, at the Sheraton since the location is in Kuta.
WOW, that is a VERY very good rates in fact almost 50% off the rates. I will be in the Bali end of the month for a week and decided to stay over LM.

Can I also get the special rates through you ? haha
Old Nov 5, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ean2015
WOW, that is a VERY very good rates in fact almost 50% off the rates. I will be in the Bali end of the month for a week and decided to stay over LM.

Can I also get the special rates through you ? haha
Sorry, no can do. She could lose her job, and that would not be any fun for me. I decided to do the LM for 3 nights, and then the Sheraton for the weekend.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Am I correct in assuming that not a single property in Bali has a lounge? If not, do any of the hotels offer a Platinum Happy Hour, or drink coupons?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 2:05 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Am I correct in assuming that not a single property in Bali has a lounge? If not, do any of the hotels offer a Platinum Happy Hour, or drink coupons?
Westin has a fairly lame afternoon tea benefit (no alcohol). LM has a nice rooftop bar; a couple drink chits are given (I think per stay, not per night) and decent happy hour pricing. I think W also gave us a couple of chits, but that could have been in lieu of 500 pts. Not sure about Sheraton and 4P. IC, Hyatt and Conrad are far superior in terms of lounge benefit.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 10:56 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, UA Platinum
Westin Bali or The Laguna Bali (both Nusa Dua)?

Hi folks - I'm planning a December Christmas period trip to Bali with my girlfriend. I've been reading a ton of reviews online but can't decide between The Laguna (luxury collection) and the Westin Bali. Have anyone tried either or both, what do you guys like better? Westin is 10,000 SPG points which sounds more appealing than The Laguna at 16,000 points. But Both cost the same if I do a paid stay. Around 200 bucks.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
The Laguna is a LC, so I found it a bit nicer, and it indeed has a "lagoon' with access from ground floor rooms that is kind of cool.

You can stay in one and walk over the other, and charge food and drinks to the property that you are staying in.

For $200 a night, I'd book the Laguna and save your points for something where the cash price is ridiculous (like a week in London, etc.)
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Splash out on the St. Regis if you can. You won't regret it. Best hotel stay ever!
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Sabai
The Laguna is a LC, so I found it a bit nicer, and it indeed has a "lagoon' with access from ground floor rooms that is kind of cool.

You can stay in one and walk over the other, and charge food and drinks to the property that you are staying in.

For $200 a night, I'd book the Laguna and save your points for something where the cash price is ridiculous (like a week in London, etc.)
Apart from the fact that The Laguna is a LC and the place has a lagoon, any other differentiating factors about the experience that people have had? Perhaps room quality, service quality?

We're also interested in surfing and being on the beach and such. Is one better than the other for water activities?
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

16K x 3 = 48K marriott

if there is any availability >
new RC bali is 50K (40K after 5th nt free)
pointsaver 40K (32K after 5th nt free)
Old Sep 23, 2016, 12:55 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

- Suite upgrade at Westin is much more likely than at Laguna
- Neither hotel is spectacular; Laguna has more of a nursing home feel
- Breakfast buffet at Westin slightly better
- No lounges, but Westin has afternoon tea
- At 10k vs 16k points it's no contest: pick the Westin.
- Don't pay 10k or 16k points in the first place; there are usually great BRG opportunities in Bali.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 5:34 pm

you guys are the best. these are really great ideas.

do both westin and laguna have the same water facilities in general though? do they lend you surfboards and stuff?

as for the ritz carlton, i looked at the website and tripadvisor, looks like its far from everything and water sports look a little lacking? what do you guys think. is the ritz that much better? i know the brand name sounds nice but is activities + service worth it?
Old Sep 23, 2016, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Don't expect a great beach at either hotel. Also, note that the general public can use these beaches, which apparently aren't treated like private property in Bali.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by mymilesandpoints
We're also interested in surfing and being on the beach and such. Is one better than the other for water activities?
If you are interested in surfing and a better beach, go to InterContinental Bali Resort in Jimbaran. The beach is not particularly great at Westin or the nearby LC Laguna but there is some motorized watersport.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: UA MP - 1K
Best beach at Bali Starwood properties?

Which Bali Starwood property does have the nicest beach?

I am thinking about spending a week at the Le Meridien Jimbaran in mid-November, any comments/opinions about the beach at this hotel?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 2:32 am

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
Westin Nusa Dua is overrun with children. I left after one night.

The Laguna Nusa Dua (LC) is probably my favorite "resort" starwood anywhere in the world. I also went to the St. Regis for a drink during my stay; I'd consider staying there.

(all of the Starwood properties treat platinums well; got suite upgrades everywhere)

Kuta = aussie backpacker/surfer/drunkard douche land.

Le Meridien is actually pretty nice, and is a lovely/well managed property, and is on a beach with other things. For "romantic" I'd definitely go Laguna or St. Regis.

I didn't try the W Retreat (wasn't finished when I was there). I don't think I tried either of the Four Points.

Ubud is actually probably more interesting/authentic/local than any of the other places. I stayed in a local/vrbo place up there at the end of my stay, and it was great. There are a few Starwood properties still under construction. Personally I'd split my time between LC/St.R and something in Ubud if I had >5 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.