Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bali, Indonesia

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:43 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Would people rather have a standard room at the W (or Ritz) with no Elite benefits (Explore rate,) or a room at the Sheraton/Westin/Renaissance/etc with Platinum 75/Platinum Premier benefits? Presumably I would get upgraded as a Plat. Cost is roughly the same.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:03 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I’ve only been to the W out of those properties, but I have a strong suspicion that the RC with no bennies is the best choice out of everything. Others do like the W (and has a good location for visiting Bali nightlife), but I can’t imagine Bali is as much fun when you’re in a lesser hotel.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: NZ
Best Bali property for Platinums

Hi ... I am planning a 2/3 night stay at an SPG/MR property in Bali in December. While the St Regis, Ritz Carlton and W are outside of my budget, I was wondering which of the other properties offer the best perks for platinum guests. I believe that none of the Bali properties has a lounge (correct me if I am wrong) so it would come down to which property does the most to welcome platinum guests. Of course the ambiance of the property and the service standards are important too!
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Either of the four points, and the new hotel in uluwatu have been great to me as a plat. Upgraded to either poolside room or high floor suite (as requested).
the hotel in Legian is also known to be great (no first hand experience there).
Old Nov 15, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
I got a nice upgrade at the Legian Autograph Collection a couple of years ago. I liked the hotel a lot.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Flapster
I got a nice upgrade at the Legian Autograph Collection a couple of years ago. I liked the hotel a lot.
what kind of room you booked and what room you got?

i thought they did not upgrade to suite?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:31 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by minz56
Hi ... I am planning a 2/3 night stay at an SPG/MR property in Bali in December. While the St Regis, Ritz Carlton and W are outside of my budget, I was wondering which of the other properties offer the best perks for platinum guests. I believe that none of the Bali properties has a lounge (correct me if I am wrong) so it would come down to which property does the most to welcome platinum guests. Of course the ambiance of the property and the service standards are important too!
my exp as a Plat in Bali hotels in 2018

Four Points Seminyak - 2x, all upgraded to suite from base room, no happy hour
Four Points Kuta - 3x, all upgraded to suite from base room, no happy hour
Sheraton Kuta - 1x, upgraded to suite from base room
Westin - 1x, booked 2 standard room, upgraded to a 2 bed room suite
W - 2x, both upgraded to ocean view from base room, they only have 5 suites IIRC, no happy hour
St Regis - 1x, upgraded to orchird suite, no happy hour
bluestrudels likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
Booked the basic room. I can't remember what they upgraded me to. Not a suite, but a very large room. Maybe deluxe corner?
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

cat 4 - stones legian autograph
plus >
cat 4 - sthala ubud tribute
cat 5 - laguna lux collection

westin got rid of club lounge >
Originally Posted by VanMan
discontinue our Royal Beach Club Categories as well as our Royal Beach Club Lounge services starting from 8 May, 2011.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 17, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Old Nov 25, 2018, 3:44 pm

Landing in Bali

I might be wrong but I can't seem to find a Marriott Master Hotel Thread as SPG had in the past?

Heading to Bali for a couple of weeks and upon landing going to hang around for 3 days. Looking either at the Sheraton Bali Kuta or Stones Hotel?

I know what the Sheraton offers for the PLAT guests but was not sure about the Autograph Collection and of course cannot find an email anywhere to simply communicate with them!! That still pees me off that all of that has been removed!

Any suggestion or recommendations of the two and can anyone tell me what the Stones / Autograph collection has for PLAT amenities. I only trust what I hear on FT as it is first hand information rather than relying on the Marriott written material that I usually cannot decipher anyway

From here we are heading up to the Sthala and then to the Renaissance.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
The Sheraton was a good option for me, but I was looking for a place to stay while touring Bali as opposed to a resort. If you are looking for more of a resort experience you might want to stay elsewhere.

The hotel is next to a mall which gives some convenience and my room, an UG to a two room suite, had an outdoor seating area surrounded by man-made water, but it always felt like everyone at the mall could see in my room. The people at the hotel helped me make some transportation and tourist plans. Uber was a great option in Bali.

The tea for Plats was underwhelming. The breakfast was quite good. They did give me both the breakfast and the welcome points. The pool is nice, although not spectacular. The workout area was small and the massage area was very open.

From the hotel it was pretty easy to walk into the area with shops and restaurants which was a plus.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by CJKatl
SNIP Uber was a great option in Bali.
What? Really? Of course YMMV with these things but Bali is notorious for hostility towards Uber/Grab and the extremely strong taxi mafia. They generally won't/can't pick up from the airport or directly from hotels. There are posters all over the island telling you to avoid them.

My advice for arriving and departing is to book the transfer using Klook which is reasonably priced and reliable. Uber/Grab are disasters in Bali. But, of course, YMMV.
bizum likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:19 pm

No more Uber in Bali (and SE Asia), just Grab left. They have a booth in airport for meeting the driver so that shouldn't be a problem any more. Also no problem getting a Grab in Kuta/Denpasar area, but one driver mentioned that he wouldn't go Ubud or anywhere more inland. Might have to wait quite long for a pickup in more touristy spots á la Bali Collection or popular Nusa Dua beaches.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by ftrichard
What? Really? Of course YMMV with these things but Bali is notorious for hostility towards Uber/Grab and the extremely strong taxi mafia. They generally won't/can't pick up from the airport or directly from hotels. There are posters all over the island telling you to avoid them.

My advice for arriving and departing is to book the transfer using Klook which is reasonably priced and reliable. Uber/Grab are disasters in Bali. But, of course, YMMV.
I could not take Uber from the airport but they picked me up at least three times from the hotel without issue. I had no idea there were Uber issues. This was about a year and a half ago.

At one trip the Uber guy took me to the address I put into the app but it turned out to be the wrong address. The driver took me to the correct address, over thirty minutes away, refusing to charge me despite the error being mine. I gave him a huge tip because he shouldn't have had to pay for my mistake.

My experience from the airport was one of my worst taxi experiences ever. The taxi mafia tried to rip me off, one even grabbing my luggage. I got one driver down somewhere close to how much the ride should have been but when we got to the hotel he wanted to charge me more. Fortunately I had recorded him on my phone and the hotel staff told him to give up trying to get more.

Going back to the airport at the end of my stay, the hotel gave me a free ride to make up for a mistake. They had arranged for a driver to take me to Ubud. I was told to go to the check-in desk on the second floor to meet the driver, let them know I was there and was told to wait. Several times I reminded them I was waiting and asked if the driver might actually be downstairs in the driveway. The staff said no. An hour later they said the driver had been downstairs the entire time. To make up for wasting an hour the hotel gave me a complimentary ride to the airport.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Stayed at the Sthala a few weeks back. As a plat they were very welcoming and really made an effort to thank me for my loyalty (a common theme across all the Bali hotels in my experience). Do note that they only have 2 suites at the property so you'll be lucky to score an upgrade to anything other than a better room than booked. I had booked a suite and was reasonably impressed for the money although do note that at night time the property is swarming in bugs - oppressively so.
bizum likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.