Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2016, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CO-PLAT
As of November, 2021, this property no longer has an executive lounge per Amitbe11.

E-Mail:
Assistant Front Office Manager - [email protected]
Guest Relations Manager - [email protected]
Duty Manager - [email protected]
Front Office Manager - [email protected]

Print Wikipost

Courtyard Bangkok [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2013, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Courtyard Bangkok [Master Thread]

I have stayed at all of the Marriott's in Bangkok over the last 6 years. They have always been wonderful hotels but JW etc have gotten a little pricey for my stays so I looked for something more reasonable.

Found Courtyard for $85 a night summer special. Corner Room guaranteed and Buffet Breakfast for 2.

The staff at this Hotel is just wonderful. Genuine smiles and help much like the other Marriott in Bangkok and well trained with more then adequate english.

My Corner room was flooded with sunlight from windows on 2 sides and even a window in the bathroom.

Great work desk with adequate outlets and comfortable chair. Nice Flat screen with decent number of channels.

Good size bathroom with counter space and under sink storage. Big shower with great water pressure and a place to sit.

Nice storage area when you walk in to have your open suitcase with closets and drawers. Safe provided in closet with slippers, bathrobes and an umbrella( they have thought of everything).

Small frig mostly empty so you can fill it up from 7/11.

Great bed , lots of soft pillows and a lounge chair.

A/C is quiet and wifi is FAST.

Unbelievable VALUE!!!!! Oh and I forgot the breakfast Buffet is extremely good with lots of choices both Asian and European.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
agree that the JW has become unnecessarily very pricey, especially for the area it's in........and the CY (or even Renaissance) is a much better value/location, but must disagree on the breakfast comments.......

Originally Posted by kapkap46
I have stayed at all of the Marriott's in Bangkok over the last 6 years. They have always been wonderful hotels but JW etc have gotten a little pricey for my stays so I looked for something more reasonable.

Found Courtyard for $85 a night summer special. Corner Room guaranteed and Buffet Breakfast for 2.

The staff at this Hotel is just wonderful. Genuine smiles and help much like the other Marriott in Bangkok and well trained with more then adequate english.

My Corner room was flooded with sunlight from windows on 2 sides and even a window in the bathroom.

Great work desk with adequate outlets and comfortable chair. Nice Flat screen with decent number of channels.

Good size bathroom with counter space and under sink storage. Big shower with great water pressure and a place to sit.

Nice storage area when you walk in to have your open suitcase with closets and drawers. Safe provided in closet with slippers, bathrobes and an umbrella( they have thought of everything).

Small frig mostly empty so you can fill it up from 7/11.

Great bed , lots of soft pillows and a lounge chair.

A/C is quiet and wifi is FAST.

Unbelievable VALUE!!!!! Oh and I forgot the breakfast Buffet is extremely good with lots of choices both Asian and European.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Be interested to know what you didn't like at breakfast?
Old Jul 14, 2013, 6:49 am
Suspended

easier stated, what was there to like about it (and I'm not that finicky)????????

Be interested to know what you didn't like at breakfast?
Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
kapkap46, thanks for your 'trip report' on the property.

Re: breakfast. Dif folk have dif views. You liked it. BKKLEE didn't. Doesn't mean he's right & you're wrong, or you're right & he's wrong.

Cheers.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 1:08 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
staff is very stressed at breakfast, i prefer almost every other bf in chain hotels in bkk... ( except ROS )

but cy bkk is nice indeed
Old Jul 14, 2013, 2:26 pm
dfe
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K/MM; *A Gold Life; CX Gold; Marriott Platinum LT; SPG Plat; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
easier stated, what was there to like about it (and I'm not that finicky)????????
Easier stated, what is wrong with a really decent buffet thrown in with a $85 a night stay at a really nice hotel? I just paid $179 a night at a CY in Memphis with absolutely nothing complimentary. Go figure.

Granted if you walk in and maybe pay full price for the buffet (don't know what the price is since I have never done that) maybe it is not up to expectations for the price. But if you stay there for $85 a night and they include the breakfast buffet it is a real bargain. I personally think that it is a very good buffet. It has everything and more than I want for a breakfast--but then I am not a breakfast gourmet . Much better than the elites' obligatory Exec. Lounge breakfast at the JW, Ren or the new Marriott Soi 57.

If you are not finicky what was not to like for free?

I have stayed there 6 times in the last year and never had a problem with breakfast service and now pretty well known by the staff. Returning next month.

The BKK CY is a great bargain overall and OP forgot to mention that they have a decent if somewhat modest Exec. Lounge--unheard of in the US where you cannot even get a complimentary cup of coffee let alone a comp breakfast.

My big complaint with the CY is with service at the outdoor restaurant during the evening. It is terrible. Like the staff does not think that you even exist, often having to go inside to summon service.

And while a little off the beaten path the CY will cordially provide their own tuk-tuk to take you to the Ratchadamri BTS station or to Central Ratchaprasong. But even so it is only about a 5 minute walk either way--not bad.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

I understand that different people have different expectations. I was just trying to ascertain what he didn't like.

I found the Omlet Station wonderful and fast. Bacon, 2 kinds of sausages, ham etc. Potatoes, beans.. 8 kinds of juices, 6 kinds of cereal, 6 kinds of bread with very fast toaster. Many choices of jelley, peanut butter, nutella etc etc etc.

Little weak in sweet offering but I don't want that at breakfast

Good choice of fresh fruit. Little weak in cheeses and certainly no fancy stuff like salmon and other high end things you might get at a 900 baht buffet. This buffet if it is not complimentary is only 400 baht and it has what I want for breakfast and many other Hotels would charge a lot more.

In fact I stayed up the road at the Flagship Center Pointe and their buffet pails in comparison to this one. I also find this one far better then either of the Marriott Executive Residences.

Been awhile since I stayed at the JW and I am sure theirs is better but for 3x the price it better be!
Old Jul 14, 2013, 7:21 pm
Suspended

my comments were not addressing the quantity or variety but the quality ...........if it doesn't have any taste, but is only filler, IMO no thanks........for instance, there steamed ham slices - totally tasteless.....
their "dollar" pancakes - like rubber.........

and the JWs more expensive brekkie doesn't, and didn't, make it (taste) better......

BTW, I just returned from a long EU trip where I had looked forward to the so-called best breakfast offering at the Park Hyatt Hamburg (Apple's) and not withstanding their $65/person brekkie, left unimpressed...........

I understand that different people have different expectations. I was just trying to ascertain what he didn't like.

I found the Omlet Station wonderful and fast. Bacon, 2 kinds of sausages, ham etc. Potatoes, beans.. 8 kinds of juices, 6 kinds of cereal, 6 kinds of bread with very fast toaster. Many choices of jelley, peanut butter, nutella etc etc etc.

Little weak in sweet offering but I don't want that at breakfast

Good choice of fresh fruit. Little weak in cheeses and certainly no fancy stuff like salmon and other high end things you might get at a 900 baht buffet. This buffet if it is not complimentary is only 400 baht and it has what I want for breakfast and many other Hotels would charge a lot more.

In fact I stayed up the road at the Flagship Center Pointe and their buffet pails in comparison to this one. I also find this one far better then either of the Marriott Executive Residences.

Been awhile since I stayed at the JW and I am sure theirs is better but for 3x the price it better be!

Last edited by BKKLEE; Jul 14, 2013 at 7:27 pm
Old Jul 14, 2013, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

I did not try the ham because it looked as you described it. I never eat pre made waffles or pancake because it is impossible for them to taste fresh .

That said I still feel there were many very good things as I listed and the fact it is included free in my rate or as a Gold it would have been , makes it a very nice buffet for my taste .

Was it as good as Prague Old Town Hilton I stayed at last month . Definitely not .
Is it better or as good then many I have received at much more expensive hotels? Definitely!
Old Jul 14, 2013, 8:16 pm
Suspended

I do agree that this CY does not have to provide G/Ps with breakfast, but it goes above and beyond and does, so if "free" is what you want then enjoy your "free" brekkie.....

best brekkie I ever had was at one of the Hilton's in NZ last year (stayed at 2, not Aukland, but can't recall which one)...........other then that, whether paid for or not, can't recall anywhere else memorable (worst, sure, Copenhagen Marriott last month).......

I did not try the ham because it looked as you described it. I never eat pre made waffles or pancake because it is impossible for them to taste fresh .

That said I still feel there were many very good things as I listed and the fact it is included free in my rate or as a Gold it would have been , makes it a very nice buffet for my taste .

Was it as good as Prague Old Town Hilton I stayed at last month . Definitely not .
Is it better or as good then many I have received at much more expensive hotels? Definitely!
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Well I think if anyone has any questions re: the brekkie at this property, there are enough details re: it to answer them

Cheers.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 3:31 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Would appreciate any feedback on the Exec lounge and it's offerings. Also has anyone booked a double room? How big are the beds? One has some points to blow and see that we can book an Exec room with points.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 4:08 pm
Suspended

hard stuff, beer and wine offered..........

snack offerings really need to be improved, but then again this is only a CY that really doesn't have to have an Exec Lounge let alone offer anything......

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Would appreciate any feedback on the Exec lounge and it's offerings.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.