Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Thanks! I will.
Old May 6, 2017, 11:39 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Development
Have option of two nights at Ritz Dubai for a Club Level King or Marquis in a corner suite king with lounge access. Appreciate any thoughts on which hotel others might choose if had option? FWIW location does not factor in to my needs.
Curious about this if anyone can report a comparison?
Old May 7, 2017, 6:48 am
Suspended

Question

From reading older posts seems that RC @ beach is often crowded with children and the club lounge overrun compared to the newer JW which is more business, is this still consensus?
Old May 7, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP, AC
Originally Posted by Smurfettepharoh
Does anyone have detail of JW Marriot Marquis Dubai :

Club Lounge Hours
Continental Breakfast

Hors d'oeuvres

Beverage Service

is this lounge open 24 hours?

Thank you All.
Hi, I stayed there for one week at the end of Feb 2017. I've uploaded the letter they gave me re: the Executive Lounge hours. If you need the shuttle times to Dubai Mall, let me know. I can post that too.
Attached Images   
Old May 8, 2017, 1:40 am

Programs: EY, QR, EK, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson, Sixt
Marriott Executive Apartments, Dubai Creek

Originally Posted by Oceanbound222
Has anyone stayed at the Marriott Executive Apts in Dubai?

If so, feedback please.

I read one very very negative review at Yahoo. Can they be that bad ?
Old May 8, 2017, 1:50 am

Programs: EY, QR, EK, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson, Sixt
Smile Marriott Executive Apartments, Dubai Creek

Originally Posted by Oceanbound222
Has anyone stayed at the Marriott Executive Apts in Dubai?

If so, feedback please.

I read one very very negative review at Yahoo. Can they be that bad ?
------------
Hello Oceanbound

I'll try to be as objective as possible. I have recently changed my stays in Dubai to the Marriott Executive Apartments, Dubai Creek. There are other "Exec Apartments" in Dubai, but I haven't used them in a long time.

As for the Dubai Creek/Deira property, here are the advantages and disadvantages that I see:

Advantages
- Location. Very live area, heart of Dubai, but not quite in the extremely crowded area. If for leisure, definitely the place to be. For business, depends on where your work is, and how much you tolerate traffic
- View. Whether it's creek view, or city view, it is entertaining and beautiful. You are either watching planes at DXB taking off and landing, or you are over looking the beautiful creek and gardens. Some apartments have obscured views.
- Space. Apartmen s have very decent space. I think the small st 1 BR is 65 m2, and the larger one is over 100 m2. Neutral low key decor
- price. Compared to similar property, cost per night is competitive. Long term stays become more appealing
- staff. Very courteous and always trying to help

Disadvantages
- fairly old, old furniture, flooring, fixtures
- if commuting a lot, traffic becomes an issue
- inconsistent standard of housekeeping
- VERY LOW MARRIOTT REWARDS POINTS/NIGHTS ACCUMILATION. Basically one third of rewards in other properties and every three nights count as one night even for short stays

Hope this helps
Old May 8, 2017, 5:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Nice summary. Thanks for posting.

Cheers.
Old May 8, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by canuickstan420
Hi, I stayed there for one week at the end of Feb 2017. I've uploaded the letter they gave me re: the Executive Lounge hours. If you need the shuttle times to Dubai Mall, let me know. I can post that too.
For some reason, I can't see your images. They are very tiny and I can't click on them to zoom in. Anyone else having that problem or is it just me?
Old May 8, 2017, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
For some reason, I can't see your images. They are very tiny and I can't click on them to zoom in. Anyone else having that problem or is it just me?
I can't either.

Cheers.
Old May 8, 2017, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
From reading older posts seems that RC @ beach is often crowded with children and the club lounge overrun compared to the newer JW which is more business, is this still consensus?
I stayed there last August for three nights and can confirm the lounge is indeed overrun. Early breakfast - not so bad. Lunch/evening cocktails - I got the feeling the staff only put out so much food and when it was gone it was gone. When I say gone I mean nothing but scraps 30 minutes in. I thought at first they were simply overwhelmed but the second and third night we arrived at the start and they were out of dishes, utensils and glassware - got the feeling it was kind of intentional. Too bad, it's a beautiful property with an awesome main pool and nice beach. Haven't stayed at the JW so can't comment on that. I believe I read on the Luxury Travel forum that this property can also be overwhelmed by conventions. I would probably stay again just not pay extra for lounge access, plenty of food/drink located nearby.
Old May 8, 2017, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by BigJC
I stayed there last August for three nights and can confirm the lounge is indeed overrun. Early breakfast - not so bad. Lunch/evening cocktails - I got the feeling the staff only put out so much food and when it was gone it was gone. When I say gone I mean nothing but scraps 30 minutes in. I thought at first they were simply overwhelmed but the second and third night we arrived at the start and they were out of dishes, utensils and glassware - got the feeling it was kind of intentional. Too bad, it's a beautiful property with an awesome main pool and nice beach. Haven't stayed at the JW so can't comment on that. I believe I read on the Luxury Travel forum that this property can also be overwhelmed by conventions. I would probably stay again just not pay extra for lounge access, plenty of food/drink located nearby.
Thanks really appreciate this information. I see some really nice rates for the JW and it looks as if the RC by beach is underwhelming in the sense that it can be so busy.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Sorry - let me try again. I am not very tech savvy

Let me know if it worked!
Attached Images  
Old May 8, 2017, 4:02 pm

Yup it worked! Thanks! (plus FT attachments doesn't make it easy; not necessarily on you).

Cheers.
Old May 8, 2017, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by BigJC
We stayed at the JW Marriott Marquis in Feb 2017, arriving mid week. The Thurs to Sat were crazy in the lounge in the evening but by Sunday, it had calmed down so I am guessing it just depends on what conventions are going on or not. We actually arrived at the end of happy hour on the Wed and there was no space available so the Executive Lounge staff actually pulled a couple coffee tables over to create a little 'table' for us and found some chairs from somewhere!

We left the following Wed and had a really late flight out and they were able to give us a late checkout (I think it was even past 4pm if I remember correctly) and let us hang out in the lounge until we left for our late night flight. Just a really nice Executive Lounge team.

I've attached some pictures from the breakfast time (hopefully I have figured out this photo upload function!) - I didn't really feel comfortable taking pictures at Happy Hour as there were always people around. They have a made to order omelette station and hard boiled eggs - just ask the chef.
Attached Images     
Old May 9, 2017, 7:13 am

Thanks for the pics and information. It seems like a pretty decent lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.