Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
It should be 6 am for breakfast starting in the executive lounge and restaurant.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by VA1379
It should be 6 am for breakfast starting in the executive lounge and restaurant.
Great thank you!
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by JustDandy
I had no issues or complaints with my stay at the FFI.
+1 Same experience, building is a bit funky, room was clean and quiet though, check-in friendly, breakfast on par.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:51 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
The good, the bad, the ugly - hotels at LAX

I've got a one-nighter to do in Los Angeles at LAX to catch a morning flight. I know nothing of any of the hotels there. Any standouts? Any absolute dogs? I don't need bells and whistles, just a solid hotel with a good, comfy bed, well-kept room and bathroom and where I would feel safe. I also need an airport shuttle. Breakfast not a concern as I can catch a breakfast sandwich at the Shake Shack.

Thanks all!
Old Mar 26, 2018, 4:19 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Sixty-one pages of answers can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-near-lax.html

Mods, please collapse this thread into the existing thread.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Sixty-one pages of answers can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-near-lax.html

Mods, please collapse this thread into the existing thread.
Well, excuuuuuse me. I did a search using "LAX" and this one did not pop up. Once I was moved to this thread, sixty-one pages of old reviews did not excite me to look at Marriott. I'll stick with my usuals.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by slidergirl
Well, excuuuuuse me. I did a search using "LAX" and this one did not pop up. Once I was moved to this thread, sixty-one pages of old reviews did not excite me to look at Marriott. I'll stick with my usuals.
Funny, but that was the exact search I used and it did pop up. No problem. Sorry these did not "excite you" but the custom and polite thing is to post at the bottom of the thread rather than start a new thread. I thought I was doing a favor by showing where to find the answer. For the record, answers with various opinions are all on recent posts in this thread.

Last edited by CJKatl; Mar 26, 2018 at 10:54 pm
Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:19 pm

Trying to decide whether to stay at the Renaissance LAX ($120/night) or H Hotel by Hilton ($135/night). Has anyone stayed at both? I am Marriott Gold and Hilton Gold status but am staying Thurs + Fri night so would only get use of lounge on Thurs evening and breakfast on Friday at Renaissance LAX apparently. H Hotel would get breakfast both days but it's pretty basic.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Trying to decide whether to stay at the Renaissance LAX ($120/night) or H Hotel by Hilton ($135/night). Has anyone stayed at both? I am Marriott Gold and Hilton Gold status but am staying Thurs + Fri night so would only get use of lounge on Thurs evening and breakfast on Friday at Renaissance LAX apparently. H Hotel would get breakfast both days but it's pretty basic.
I stayed at the Ren a couple of weeks ago for one night and it was perfectly fine. "Upgraded" to a King deluxe room, was offered my choice of breakfast in either the lounge or the restaurant (apparently this is a new option, as per the check-in clerk.) The restaurant breakfast is a full buffet while the lounge is, uh, something less.

Some complaints on line about the difficulty in getting on the Ren free shuttle but I had less than 10 minutes wait at LAX and same going back to LAX.

Haven't stayed at the H Hotel by Hilton so can't compare, sorry. No complaints at the Ren, though (other than if you forget something and need to buy it in the gift shop. Wow! prices.)
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I stayed at the Ren a couple of weeks ago for one night and it was perfectly fine. "Upgraded" to a King deluxe room, was offered my choice of breakfast in either the lounge or the restaurant (apparently this is a new option, as per the check-in clerk.) The restaurant breakfast is a full buffet while the lounge is, uh, something less.

Some complaints on line about the difficulty in getting on the Ren free shuttle but I had less than 10 minutes wait at LAX and same going back to LAX.

Haven't stayed at the H Hotel by Hilton so can't compare, sorry. No complaints at the Ren, though (other than if you forget something and need to buy it in the gift shop. Wow! prices.)
Great thank you for the feedback. That's interesting about the breakfast - that might swing it for us as we are there on a Saturday morning and the lounge wiki says that you get points when the lounge is closed. Thanks again!
Old Apr 14, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Great thank you for the feedback. That's interesting about the breakfast - that might swing it for us as we are there on a Saturday morning and the lounge wiki says that you get points when the lounge is closed. Thanks again!
Huh, interesting. I didn't realize the Ren LAX had been added to the ever growing list of "guaranteed exceptions to weekend breakfast" list. That's actually a bit surprising because IME this hotel had always gone above and beyond the minimums when it came to the breakfast benefit.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 10:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by bennos
Huh, interesting. I didn't realize the Ren LAX had been added to the ever growing list of "guaranteed exceptions to weekend breakfast" list. That's actually a bit surprising because IME this hotel had always gone above and beyond the minimums when it came to the breakfast benefit.
It's technically on the list (as of January), but it would be good to hear a report back as to whether it's actually true. Essex House, NYC, is on the list but we know their exec lounge is open for breakfast on weekends.

Cheers.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 5:38 am

I asked the Renn LAX via Facebook about the breakfast arrangements and they said 'Breakfast is available for Gold and Platinum members in the Executive Lounge, Monday through Friday from 6am to 9am. On the weekends the lounge is closed, but you can grab a breakfast voucher at the front desk to be redeemed in the restaurant'.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 11:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I asked the Renn LAX via Facebook about the breakfast arrangements and they said 'Breakfast is available for Gold and Platinum members in the Executive Lounge, Monday through Friday from 6am to 9am. On the weekends the lounge is closed, but you can grab a breakfast voucher at the front desk to be redeemed in the restaurant'.
Thanks. I'll update the sticky.

Cheers.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:19 am

LAX: Marriott or Renaissance?

Using my husband's govt. rate, so its the same price either way. Just crashing for a night before we head to Agoura Hills in the AM for a wedding. Anyone have experience at either, or preference one over the other? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.