Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Istanbul, Turkey

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Istanbul, Turkey

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by danger
I've recently had two, one-night stays at Marriott properties in Istanbul, one at the airport Courtyard....
Turkish Airlines put me up at the CY and at the HIE, which are practically next door to each other and share a shuttle to the airport. The CY is hands down the better of the two hotels. If you ask at the desk where you get a comped hotel from Turkish Airlines, if you are eligible for a free room, they will give you the CY room if they can. One time I got it but the next time they had already used up their CY rooms, hence the HIE. The CY had a better room and much better food. Not great, but much better.

BTW Turkish Airlines has a master billing arrangement with the CY which meant no points.

IIRC there is a Ren near the airport but Turkish Airlines will only give a passenger a free room there if the pax is in biz or first.

For longer layovers I like the Doubletree which is walking distance to many tourist destinations and on the tram line.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Another hotel just joined Marriott in Istanbul - the Sofa Hotel Istanbul, Autograph Collection. The area seems upscale. I understand it operated as an independent boutique hotel before joining Marriott. It would be great to have some feedback from fellow FT'ers that stayed here before.
I will probably be staying there in December and will report back!
Old Sep 14, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
For Bosphorus view rooms would the Renaissance, Marriott Sisli, LeMeridien, or Design Gesli be better? Arriving with my wife for a brief two night stay before heading on. Comfortable with mass transit and car services so not worried about proximity to tourist sites, and will book a Bosphorus view room so not worried about how good the hotel is with Plat upgrades. Thanks for any help!
Old Oct 6, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Bump. Anyone with relatively recent experience with the Marriott Sisli or Renaissance Istanbul? Of course how the hotels are generally but also how the Bosphorus views are. Unfortunately the LeM and Design hotels won't work for our dates. THanks for any advice!
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I have stayed at the IST CY a few times including perhaps a month after it first opened.

I had planned to return there in April 2019. However, I just stumbled across a CNN report on new airports. First on the list was the new IST airport.

So where is this new airport? I will be coming in from AMS on KLM so will they go to the new airport? What Marriott properties are near the new airport?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
In two weeks, I will be overnighting in IST and would like to stay at the Renaissance Polat. It appears they no longer offer a shuttle from the airport and I assume I will have to take a taxi. This will be my first time going tough IST and have no idea about distance from the airport to the Hotel or cost involved . Also, would the taxi driver be annoyed that it was such a short distance if close by? Any information would be appreciated.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
My understanding is that the new IST is way farther away from the city center which may be why you cannot find a free shuttle when you could before. We have for a number of years flown TK in and out of Europe because we love the Turkish Air Lounge and the city. However, I am rethinking that plan if it is going to be a hassle to get to and from the airport. Farther in their thaffic could be nightmare. Last time we stayed at Courtyard so we would not bite off all our nails worrying about getting to the airport on time.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by Karen2
My understanding is that the new IST is way farther away from the city center which may be why you cannot find a free shuttle when you could before. We have for a number of years flown TK in and out of Europe because we love the Turkish Air Lounge and the city. However, I am rethinking that plan if it is going to be a hassle to get to and from the airport. Farther in their thaffic could be nightmare. Last time we stayed at Courtyard so we would not bite off all our nails worrying about getting to the airport on time.
The new IST airport is delayed in opening. I checked google map and the Rennissance Polat is about 10-15 minuted from the airport. Strange they would not have a shuttle. I also looked at the Courtyard by Marriott but prefer the Renaissance. Just need to figure out how to get there
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
The new IST airport is delayed in opening. I checked google map and the Rennissance Polat is about 10-15 minuted from the airport. Strange they would not have a shuttle. I also looked at the Courtyard by Marriott but prefer the Renaissance. Just need to figure out how to get there
We took a taxi to the Marriott Sisli and the driver ripped me off at 55 lira by taking the scenic route. I can't imagine it being more than 15-25 lira.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by joeags
We took a taxi to the Marriott Sisli and the driver ripped me off at 55 lira by taking the scenic route. I can't imagine it being more than 15-25 lira.
This is my biggest concern about taking the scenic route. I went ahead and booked the Renaissance and will hope for the best. I was told that the fare will be around 40 lira because the Taxi drivers wait a long period at the airport and the Hotel is a short distance away.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Heading to Istanbul for 1st time for business and then vacation with wife and kid. What would you suggest is best hotel for tourist? Money is not real issue (value key as I don't want to waste money) but I am willing to pay.

I want safe, nice niehborhood with interesting things within walking diatance .

I asked this on STR thread and they recommended STR. Was about to book but GM at another property told me W is great (had employee say same thing).

I have narrowed to STR and W (leaning towarda STR on points but W 1/3 cost on nights I am looking). TA reviews spotty on W. Don't have much experiemce w Marriotts in general but PPE from SPG so want good plat treatment. Thank you
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
The best location is either on the Bosphorus so you can watch the boats go by or near the Blue Mosque. You should get an upgrade for a view. However, the Bosphorus is not near the sites you want to see in the city. Look up the Doubletree near the Blue Mosque and stay at a Marriott product near there. The trolley is right there, very cheap, goes to all the good spots AND the system has young people who speak multiple languages that will help you buy your tickets. If you take the trolley to the exit for the Archeology Museum and go at a right angle from the tracks AWAY from the museum, you will find an awesome neighborhood for having lunch or dinner. With a kid along, it is really special as magicians, musicians, etc will entertain you outside while you eat. Take a boat ride on the Bosphorus also and walk around the spice market at the trolley stop which is also where you get the boat. I will say that I have never had better food than in Istanbul and we have traveled A LOT.

We only stay near the airport for an overnight before a flight and think that having hotel shuttle is a big plus. Courtyard is in a nowhere location, for sure, but we go right to the Turkish Air lounge for brekkie anyway
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:49 am

I was in both W and STR few months ago. I felt myself more welcome, and my elite status bring better benefits in W. The location of W is much better too.
STR is nice, but comparing to W the price difference is not justified. Completely subjective opinion - I liked W much more.
If you like the modern and vibrant area of STR - consider Autograph Collection hotel in which I also was - just 500 m from STR with much better prices and almost the same ammenties (pool for example). But for sightseeing, from Marriott family the W or Gazi hotel are the best options. So I would choose W.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by HRSPGPutnik
I was in both W and STR few months ago. I felt myself more welcome, and my elite status bring better benefits in W. The location of W is much better too.
STR is nice, but comparing to W the price difference is not justified. Completely subjective opinion - I liked W much more.
If you like the modern and vibrant area of STR - consider Autograph Collection hotel in which I also was - just 500 m from STR with much better prices and almost the same ammenties (pool for example). But for sightseeing, from Marriott family the W or Gazi hotel are the best options. So I would choose W.
Very helpful, thank you. Location and plat treatment important. Now I might switch leaning to W. Just some of the reviews make me anxiois but TA reviews by plats almost all good
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
I was there a year ago

I was not in love with any of the Starriott locations. I would have stayed at the four seasons sou, but a friend who had recently been really liked the Ferr Hotel. Stayed there for a week, would happily return there, small boutique type hotel with very strong customer service. Understand you might want to be using points and status, I’m LTPP, but the hotels are cheap and not the best use of points anyways. Just another alternative.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.