Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Maui [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Maui [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by msp3
Why not go without a rental car in Kapalua? It's very reasonable to fly into JHM and take a taxi (Uber can't be called inside the airport zone) to the property, use the Kapalua shuttle while on property, and then Uber anywhere off property and back to JHM on your way out.

Enterprise is the car rental desk on property the last time I was there, you're thinking of National which is no longer there.
Already booked my flight into OGG. And there is no flight that I know of between mainland and JHM...

Thanks - then yelp is wrong then. yelp has said Enterprise is permanently closed at RC Kapalua

I just called up the hotel and they confirmed Enterprise is still open, but only open 7 am - 11 am everyday. So maybe another way is to rent a car, drop off at Enterprise at check in, then pick up another car when want to depart from RC Kapalua...
Old Oct 27, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
HA does fly OGG-JHM and HNL-JHM if that works better for you, although the drive between Kahului and Kapalua is stunning if you go through the northern half instead of the southern half like the shared Kaanapali-OGG hotel shuttle does.

Although nicely resurfaced, the road is 1 lane in many parts and you sometimes have to honk in those hairpin turns so oncoming cars can hear you coming. The nice thing is you drive by a blowhole and the nicest bays for snorkeling (all the snorkel tour boats come here) when you're almost at Kapalua.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Any comments on the Garden View Residential 2BRs vs. Ocean View Residential 2BRs?

Both are available for an award stay later this year. I'm more interested to know if the Garden View would be a much lesser experience rather than if the Ocean View is much better from the perspective of a quiet room location.

Does the property offer paid upgrades on award stays for lesser amounts than the incremental costs seen when making an initial award reservation?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 4:55 pm

Anyone happen to know GM email at this Ritz Maui property? if you do please pm me ? thank you!
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,
Originally Posted by newdaybegin
Anyone happen to know GM email at this Ritz Maui property? if you do please pm me ? thank you!
ask for the email here [email protected]
Old Apr 29, 2018, 4:17 pm

It looks like the property is valet only now. Does anyone have any tips for parking off site that is walking distance?

Do we have to pay resort fees on all points bookings or the ritz certificates? Thank you.

Last edited by cruisingmickey; Apr 29, 2018 at 4:45 pm
Old May 3, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
I'm going to be doing a points stay here for 9 nights. The points for the base room are 480k and then there is the option of upgrading with additional cash. The hotel has "Club Ocean View, Club level, Guest room, 1 King, Ocean view, Top floor" for $400 per night. The other option is "Ocean Front Suite, 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, Sofa bed, Bathrooms: 2, Oceanfront" for $500.

Has anyone stayed in either of these rooms that can comment on whether it is worth it? The club access alone wouldn't be worth it to me as I'm alone for the first 4 nights. If the room is much nicer then it might be. I assume that the Suite does not come with club access? This seems odd, but it isn't mentioned specifically on the reservation like the other room.
Old May 3, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by omegadeal
I'm going to be doing a points stay here for 9 nights. The points for the base room are 480k and then there is the option of upgrading with additional cash. The hotel has "Club Ocean View, Club level, Guest room, 1 King, Ocean view, Top floor" for $400 per night. The other option is "Ocean Front Suite, 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, Sofa bed, Bathrooms: 2, Oceanfront" for $500.

Has anyone stayed in either of these rooms that can comment on whether it is worth it? The club access alone wouldn't be worth it to me as I'm alone for the first 4 nights. If the room is much nicer then it might be. I assume that the Suite does not come with club access? This seems odd, but it isn't mentioned specifically on the reservation like the other room.
Correct, suites do not mean Club Access.

Would you rather have more space or free food? Your choice.
Old May 3, 2018, 6:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Originally Posted by omegadeal

If you are doing 9 nights,you could do a reservation for 4 nights when it's just you, and then one for the remaining 5 nights in the club room or suite (can't do 10 nights to get a second free night)?

While I haven't been there yet, from the room descriptions, pics, and floor plans; the rooms appear to be identical other than the view and club access.
Old May 3, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
We are finishing up a points booking today. Stayed 5 nights (5th night free w points). I am Marriott Platinum

Briefly to answer some questions and add some comments:
1. Charged resort fee of $35 a night
2. Charged valet fee of $30 a night (I didn’t see any places to self park, the parking lots all had signs up saying valet parking only or something to that effect.)
3. Asked (via email prior to arrival) about upgrading my room category and was given a list of available rooms to upgrade into for extra points or cash per night. (Had booked a garden view room, decided to keep my reservation as is.)
4. Upgraded to a partial ocean view room on arrival on the ground floor. It was opposite the kiddie pool which was perfect for us and our 2yo son. We could basically walk out of the balcony to the kiddie pool and walk back to the room whenever we wanted.
5. Breakfast in the restaurant is 30ish per person for buffet. Kids under 5 eat free. They also have a cafe in the hotel lobby where you can get a coffee and a pastry if you’re not feeling like eating that much for breakfast, or you can walk up to the Honolua store (~5 min walk) to grab some food.
6. Ate at the Burger Shack one day for lunch and it was pretty good.
7. Would recommend Joeys Kitchen which is a 5 min drive fro them hotel for dinner. Pretty good Filipino/Asian food.
8. Asked for a 4PM Check-out since our flight is late at night and was granted the request the night before departure. They said they couldn’t confirm on arrival but to check back the night before you leave.

Overall we had an enjoyable stay.
Boraxo and controller1 like this.

Last edited by bd24133; May 5, 2018 at 8:49 pm
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by bd24133
We are finishing up a points booking today. Stayed 5 nights (5th night free w points). I am Marriott Platinum

Briefly to answer some questions and add some comments:
1. Charged resort fee of $35 a night
2. Charged valet fee of $30 a night (I didn’t see any places to self park, the parking lots all had signs up saying valet parking only or something to that effect.)
3. Asked (via email prior to arrival) about upgrading my room category and was given a list of available rooms to upgrade into for extra points or cash per night. (Had booked a garden view room, decided to keep my reservation as is.)
4. Upgraded to a partial ocean view room on arrival on the ground floor. It was opposite the kiddie pool which was perfect for us and our 2yo son. We could basically walk out of the balcony to the kiddie pool and walk back to the room whenever we wanted.
5. Breakfast in the restaurant is 30ish per person for buffet. Kids under 5 eat free. They also have a cafe in the hotel lobby where you can get a coffee and a pastry if you’re not feeling like eating that much for breakfast, or you can walk up to the Honolua store (~5 min walk) to grab some food.
6. Ate at the Burger Shack one day for lunch and it was pretty good.
7. Would recommend Joeys Kitchen which is a 5 min drive fro them hotel for dinner. Pretty good Filipino/Asian food.
8. Asked for a 4PM Check-out since our flight is late at night and was granted the request the night before departure. They said they couldn’t confirm on arrival but to check back the night before you leave.

Overall we had an enjoyable stay.
thank you for the info, we are going to stay there for five nights on the 26th of this month. I need to burn all the spg points. Lol I booked the club level room hoping to get an upgrade to Jr suite. Can't wait
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/United 1K
Him800 - did you have to pay cash too? I thought you could only get a club level room with Cash + Points?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
I just had a pretty average stay here. Started off with one of the worst check-in experiences I've had at a higher-end hotel (had a detail about my stay wrong, gave very few details about the property, no mention of status, no upgrade, etc.). Was followed up by the bellhop congratulating my girlfriend and I on our wedding - we're not married and not even engaged, so that was pretty uncomfortable (for some personal reasons). They also continually called my girlfriend by my last name - we experience this a lot but in this circumstance we preferred it to stop so asked the manager to help. Nothing changed.

The staff in the club lounge were very kind and helped make up for the limited food options (compared to what I've experienced in other RC club lounges).

I had a pretty good rate so still feel like I got value for my stay, but I probably wouldn't recommend this hotel and don't anticipate returning.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: AS GOLD, AA EXP, SPG PLAT, Marriott PLAT
Originally Posted by bd24133
$30 valet parking charge applies on day of checkout too? For example if I stay 1 night and have a car on all days then I will be charged valet parking once for staying 1 night or twice i.e. day of check in and check out?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by noobConsultant
$30 valet parking charge applies on day of checkout too? For example if I stay 1 night and have a car on all days then I will be charged valet parking once for staying 1 night or twice i.e. day of check in and check out?
Not on check out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.