Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:53 pm

Another question concerning lounge access :
- I go with my 6 years old
- My wife (no status but sharing the same room) will go separately (after or before us). Wil she have access ? Maybe they took note of who was coming ?

Thank you

PS to reply to my previous, per phone with the hotel we can't pay for extra guest into the lounge
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:00 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Since your Marriott status is unstated, you may not even be eligible for lounge access for any of you

IF you are, have you first checked Sharon’s sticky for any details on this question FIRST ?

Originally Posted by CGRA
2 adults + a 6 year old : do we have lounge access or they’ll enforce their policy even for a young Child. ?

If they enforce it can we pay for the 3rd guest ?

Thank you very much.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 7:47 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Since you called the property why didn’t you ask about access (if you have any status to get access) based upon your arrival plans?

- My wife (no status but sharing the same room) will go separately (after or before us). Wil she have access ? Maybe they took note of who was coming ?

Thank you

PS to reply to my previous, per phone with the hotel we can't pay for extra guest into the lounge
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
While I feel this goes against the spirit of the rule, I think you'll be fine. It's been a while, but the guy outside the door only looks for your specially marked key. He doesn't note room numbers or names.

So as long as you can get the key between you and your wife, you'll be good.

Now, if the process has changed, someone will be along to correct me.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by bdschobel
I stayed at the Marriott Marquis for 10 days in June-July 2017, and the SINGLE lounge-access card was a real problem.
This. And if wasn't apparent in my post, it should be now. You only get one lounge-access card. But you can have as many room keys as you want.

the required white card,
or the required black card, or in February, the required red card (cause Valentine's Day)
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by bdschobel
I stayed at the Marriott Marquis for 10 days in June-July 2017, and the SINGLE lounge-access card was a real problem. If you and your wife attempt to enter the lounge separately, then obviously only one will have the required white card, and the other will have a big argument with the even bigger guy who guards the door like a moat dragon. This was a SERIOUS problem during our stay, even after the guy seemed to recognize me. Some days, we avoided confrontation by going to the lounge together, but on other days, I would typically go first and had to go back to the door when my companion arrived to get her in without too much hassle. Sometimes, it seemed truly impossible to get in without the card. Once, I didn't have the card and just demanded that the doorman check me out on the computer that he has by the door. He really just wanted to see that white card, and nothing else would do. I suspect that Bill Marriott himself would have had an argument with the very unpleasant guy keeping the riff-raff out. I just didn't like the situation at all and probably would not stay there again.

Bruce
Sorry to hear of your issues
Seems that people already had my idea before
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by bitburgr
While I feel this goes against the spirit of the rule, I think you'll be fine. It's been a while, but the guy outside the door only looks for your specially marked key. He doesn't note room numbers or names.

So as long as you can get the key between you and your wife, you'll be good.

Now, if the process has changed, someone will be along to correct me.
Maybe I can find a way to mail / courier / fly (with a drone) the key to my wife while staying Inside the lounge ?

If I ask the concierge inside the lounge to hand this enveloppe urgently to my room, that could be the solution... ah there is no concierge inside the lounge, (nor in the hotel, their concierge desk is a joke)
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Srisarin
Since your Marriott status is unstated, you may not even be eligible for lounge access for any of you

IF you are, have you first checked Sharon’s sticky for any details on this question FIRST ?
"not even be eligible for lounge access" : you're breaking my heart
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Srisarin
Where is the sticky ? Can't find it at the top of my screen nor at the first page.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:06 pm

quick thought :
- if you come with teenager sharing your room, they can be on their own while you enjoy the lounge (or vice versa)
- If you come with a young child , the young child can not be on her own. So lead to one person only and zero guest.
I'll try as the lounge seems wonderful ...
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:51 pm

Maybe I can find a way to mail / courier / fly (with a drone) the key to my wife while staying Inside the lounge ?
You're not trying hard enough.

Once inside, go to the back door of the lounge...have your wife give you the secret knock so you know she's out there and then slide your key under the door to her. Then she can walk around to the main entrance.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 12:58 pm

Where is the sticky ? Can't find it at the top of my screen nor at the first page.
It's there: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...-weekends.html
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:47 pm

You're not trying hard enough.

Once inside, go to the back door of the lounge...have your wife give you the secret knock so you know she's out there and then slide your key under the door to her. Then she can walk around to the main entrance.
My name is bond, james bond
rt23456p likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:57 pm

Thank you.
Amazing list. LOT of work.
Hello front desk. I lost my key card. Can I have several other of different colors as I’ll loose them as well. Hihihi
Old Oct 27, 2017, 7:42 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I'll try as the lounge seems wonderful ...
Honestly, the Marquis lounge isn't in my list of top domestic lounges. So many better places for food, drink, and views in the city...

Presumably they're so strict about access (only at breakfast, IIRC) because too many people were trying to go beyond the elite+1 access policy...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.