Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York (Manhattan)

Old Dec 29, 17, 6:21 pm
Formerly known as cedricgerald

Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer View Post
If this is the first time you are seeing a “resort fee” or other such charge that pays for items you would think are included you haven’t been traveling much. It’s the
norm unfortunately and many such fees are a multiple of $25 at higher end resorts. It’s obnoxious and it should be illegal but its not. At least today it seems to be disclosed when you book. However what’s worse is they can increase the fee after you book without notice and you are stuck with the higher fee.

At least there is a possibility you can get $25 in value
from this fee. The $15 food credit is real and cyc fitness classes are very popular and pricey so if you
actually do the class that’s worth at least $25 on its own. Not that I am sticking up for Marriott here.
the food credit is for room service Only.
Does the delivery charges and services charges included ?

Old Dec 30, 17, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ryandk View Post
Here's a response I got from the Marriott Marquis on Facebook when I asked about the "Destination Fee":

Our Daily Destination fee includes thoughtful upgrades designed to enhance your stay in New York City. The is $25 plus tax per day. The daily offerings include:
• $15 Food Credit to Fresh Bites*
• Enhanced Internet and Local/Long Distance Calls
• NYC Downtown Loop or Cruise Ticket (1 per day). See City Experts on 8th floor to redeem
• Cycle Class at CYC Fitness (1 per day). See Concierge on 8th floor to redeem

It's a total cash-grab. How is this legal?
Thank you very much for getting that information

Internet aside (I get that for being gold), I can see me using 2 of the other 3 options, so at least I will get some sort of use out of the rip off charge.
Old Dec 30, 17, 7:46 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, Marriott/SPG Platinum Premier Ambassador
At least it isn't like the Sheraton Old San Juan that charges a "housekeeping fee." ....
coffee18 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 17, 11:38 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier, UA Gold
I hate those fees in resorts but this is just plain ridiculous and makes me stay elsewhere. Too bad as I liked the hotel 🤬
bdschobel likes this.
Old Dec 31, 17, 7:11 am
Moderator: Marriott Rewards forum & Travel with Children

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier Hertz President's Circle
I totally agree. The place is expensive enough already without adding a garbage fee. And I never could understand why "resort fees" don't earn Marriott Rewards points. How are these fees distinguishable from the ordinary room rate? Anyway, I won't be returning to this hotel. Nevermore.

Bruce
Old Dec 31, 17, 7:59 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, Marriott/SPG Platinum Premier Ambassador
Originally Posted by bdschobel View Post
I totally agree. The place is expensive enough already without adding a garbage fee. And I never could understand why "resort fees" don't earn Marriott Rewards points. How are these fees distinguishable from the ordinary room rate? Anyway, I won't be returning to this hotel. Nevermore.

Bruce
For meetings that I plan I've had luck getting properties to reduce or drop amenity/destination/resort fees from group rate contracts. Another frustrating fee they often charge is porterage, regardless of whether you use the bellman or not. The J.W. Marriott Los Cabos charges all guests, not just those on a group rate contract, porterage fees.
Old Feb 26, 18, 10:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Has anyone had any luck getting them to waive or reduce the Destination Fee?

If you don't use the $15 Fresh Bites credit, you should be able to bank it. You've paid for it, after all.

Grrr...
Old Feb 27, 18, 8:41 am

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
This is by far my least favorite hotel in NYC. The elevators are enough to drive a person insane. And it is outrageously expensive for absolutely nothing special. And the Concierge Lounge is just a glorified food trough. The Renaissance up the block is a far better choice.
Old Apr 24, 18, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by CGRA View Post
Thank you.
Amazing list. LOT of work.
Hello front desk. I lost my key card. Can I have several other of different colors as I’ll loose them as well. Hihihi
Hi all,
New to Marriott Marquis and new Marriott rewards member. Do not have anything but basic status with them. Might be a stupid question, but do all guests get access to the lounge with breakfast or only platinum members? I don't really care for myself, but my significant other is traveling with me and wanted to have her taken care of for breakfast.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 25, 18, 6:18 am
Formerly known as cedricgerald

Originally Posted by uzzet View Post
Hi all,
New to Marriott Marquis and new Marriott rewards member. Do not have anything but basic status with them. Might be a stupid question, but do all guests get access to the lounge with breakfast or only platinum members? I don't really care for myself, but my significant other is traveling with me and wanted to have her taken care of for breakfast.

Thanks in advance.
Hi

Basic status = no access
gold + plat = access for 2 (plus child only if under 5)

Enjoy
kindly