Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Marquis Times Square, New York (Manhattan) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:26 pm

Thanks everyone. I got a room on the 25th floor with a TS view. Noise wasn't bad at all, just the occasional emergency vehicle.

View was great and my wife and I parked ourselves in the seats by the window during our down time.

Concierge lounge was decent. Typical hotel breakfast and they were enforcing the elite + 1 rule.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Glad to hear it worked out!

Cheers.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 6:09 pm

Will be staying here soon. What can I expect at the lounge? I have Plat status. I assume free hot breakfast and snacka throughout the day? Is the alcohol also complimentary?
Old Jun 19, 2016, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Will be staying here soon. What can I expect at the lounge? I have Plat status. I assume free hot breakfast and snacka throughout the day? Is the alcohol also complimentary?
Is your stay on a weekday or weekend? On the weekend, the exec lounge sticky has this info:

NY City / Marriott Marquis / CLOSED; 1,000 points only per night when closed (no cont'l brekkie option); hotel enforces the elite+1 policy when open; 06/05/16 update

Alcohol is not complimentary at exec lounges in the US.

Usually the room descriptions have details re: what is offered, meals, snacks, etc, but while the Marquis has quite a few room types listed on the website, it doesn't have one saying exec level room. There are a couple of photos on the website of the exec lounge. One showing part of a brekkie set up, but just one counter & not the full thing. Someone posted in another thread it's got a good breakfast.

Cheers.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The JW Essex House a few blocks up the street has a lounge that's got breakfast open 7-days and a significantly better spread than the Marquis.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
It must be remembered that the MM is first and foremost a convention hotel. The lounge will be super-busy if a major trade show is in town.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
We just stayed at the Marriott Marquis over Memorial Day weekend. Lounge was closed Friday night through Sunday morning and reopened Sunday night for appetizers and dessert. Don't recall the spread except for dessert - three large glass jars of cookies. Breakfast was also served the following morning (Memorial Day) and was the typical continental offerings plus scrambled eggs (there may have been sausage too).

There is a staffed podium at the door where an attendant controls access to two guests. You must present the special pink room key to get in. The lounge itself is small and cramped for a hotel the size of the Marquis. It's in an atrium-like area situated between the hotel towers so it gets very hot inside due to the combination of the sun and the crowds.

Last edited by plagwate; Jun 26, 2016 at 10:30 pm Reason: woke up and fixed the days
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:13 am

Apologies if this the wrong thread but looking to get an email for the Marriott Times Square hotel, would anyone be able to confirm?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by joe316
Apologies if this the wrong thread but looking to get an email for the Marriott Times Square hotel, would anyone be able to confirm?
If you have a Facebook account, you can always send them a message (icon at top right of page) on Facebook. The site states they usually respond to messages within a few hours.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I'm looking forward to be staying at the Marquis Times Square next March for the first time since 2002 (when a room was $100/night through Priceline).

A few questions for people who have stayed at the hotel recently:

- Regarding the 'benefits' you get with the destination fee: for things like the Fresh Bites credit and the Downtown Loop tickets, do you get the credit/tickets for your entire stay up front to use as you wish? Or do you have to use the benefits each day?

- Has anyone with Gold status received any type of room upgrade? What's the best to hope for as a Gold member?

- Is there a bar fridge in the room? If not, would they be able to provide one? I have some medications that need to be kept cold.

Thank you!
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
NY City / Marriott Marquis / CLOSED; 1,000 points only per night when closed (no cont'l brekkie option)
Is this allowed? What if I don't want the points and want the breakfast?

The Marriott website displays the following info regarding the Guaranteed Lounge Access/Breakfast:

"In the U.S. and Canada, at hotels without a lounge or if the lounge is closed, you’ll have a choice of continental breakfast in the restaurant or 750 points."

So if the hotel refuses to offer breakfast as an option, would I be due the $100 compensation as indicated? If so, would that cash amount be paid to me from the hotel directly or is it one of those deals where Marriott would mail me a check?

Thanks for any info...I don't stay with Marriott hotels often.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:13 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66

The Marriott website displays the following info regarding the Guaranteed Lounge Access/Breakfast:

"In the U.S. and Canada, at hotels without a lounge or if the lounge is closed, you’ll have a choice of continental breakfast in the restaurant or 750 points."

So if the hotel refuses to offer breakfast as an option, would I be due the $100 compensation as indicated? If so, would that cash amount be paid to me from the hotel directly or is it one of those deals where Marriott would mail me a check?

Hotcha ha, too bad! Marriott allows about 15 of the more pricier hotels in big cities to weasel of weekend breakfast for 1000 points. Those will go far towards the $50pp breakfast in the restaurant...
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66

Short answer: There are 13-14 properties in the US where no breakfast is provided on the weekends/you get 1,000 points/night instead. The Marriott Marquis Times Square is on the list. So you would not be entitled to the $100.

" A limited number of hotels in the U.S. do not provide free continental breakfast in the hotel restaurant in the event the Lounge is closed, but do offer 1,000 points in lieu of breakfast. These hotels include:

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Boston Marriott Long Wharf
Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
JW Marriott Washington, DC
JW Marriott New Orleans
JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
JW Marriott Essex House, New York City
Monterey Marriott
New York Marriott Marquis
Renaissance New York Hotel 57
Renaissance New York Times Square
San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina
The Algonquin Hotel Times Square, Autograph Collection"

Cheers.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Short answer: There are 13-14 properties in the US where no breakfast is provided on the weekends/you get 1,000 points/night instead. The Marriott Marquis Times Square is on the list. So you would not be entitled to the $100.

" A limited number of hotels in the U.S. do not provide free continental breakfast in the hotel restaurant in the event the Lounge is closed, but do offer 1,000 points in lieu of breakfast. These hotels include:

Boston Marriott Copley Place
Boston Marriott Long Wharf
Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
JW Marriott Washington, DC
JW Marriott New Orleans
JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
JW Marriott Essex House, New York City
Monterey Marriott
New York Marriott Marquis
Renaissance New York Hotel 57
Renaissance New York Times Square
San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina
The Algonquin Hotel Times Square, Autograph Collection"

Cheers.
For what it's worth, Renaissance Times Square provided breakfast to myself and three other platinums on Saturday and Sunday in December 2016.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:00 pm

2 adults + a 6 year old : do we have lounge access or they’ll enforce their policy even for a young Child. ?

If they enforce it can we pay for the 3rd guest ?

Thank you very much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.