Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St. Regis Hotel Florence, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
[email protected]

Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2018:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-f-amp-b-2881
Print Wikipost

St. Regis Hotel Florence, Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AGR SE, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, MR Gold
Great 3 night stay here (2 nights pts, 1 nights paid). Agree with those who commented on the excellent service. We were given a choice of an upgrade to a river view or a city view suite. We took the suite and it was very nice. Very convenient location, though I guess anywhere in Florence could be considered convenient. Highly recommended. ^
Old Sep 7, 2015, 1:07 am

Does platinum status make a big difference at this hotel over gold status? Also, are there any reports of "stacking" upgrade benefits etc... with Virtuoso/*wood luxury privileges?

If it will make a big difference I will try to attain the status, which would also come in handy for other locations where I stay with *wood.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 1:42 am

Programs: AA LTP 2MM, Marriott/SPG Rabid Plat w/Ambassador, HHonors Gold
I stayed at this properly earlier this year, and excluding perhaps Asia, it was the best St. Regis I've ever stayed at. Excellent platinum treatment, great breakfast spread. Used a SNA to get the suite upgrade–well worth it. The Butler was phenomenal.

I doubt they would stack Virtuoso privileges, most Starwood properties don't in my experience, but you never know I suppose.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by r415
I stayed at this properly earlier this year, and excluding perhaps Asia, it was the best St. Regis I've ever stayed at. Excellent platinum treatment, great breakfast spread. Used a SNA to get the suite upgrade–well worth it. The Butler was phenomenal.

I doubt they would stack Virtuoso privileges, most Starwood properties don't in my experience, but you never know I suppose.
Thanks. So there is potentially very significant value add if staying as a platinum.

Did you pay BAR for a standard room and get a suite upgrade with your SNA? Which category of suite did you receive?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by UALFLYER1
I am an SPG Plat. Showed up in the hotel in the summer. The manager came running to me when he heard I was at the front door. I did not even set foot in the hotel. He apologized for the fact that the rooms rooms were sold out and that they had bumped me to the Westin across the street. I was so annoyed because I paid almost 500usd for the room and they put me at the Westin.

I argued. They would not adjust the lower rate. They gave me normal room at Westin. After complaining, they upgraded my room, gave me free breakfast and free parking. I felt it was fair.

Not sure if i will get a chance to stay at St. Regis again. But the place looked nice from the outside.

My wife and I are Platinum. Upon check in this past Saturday we were told only standard rooms available so we were offered the Belvedere Suite across the piazza at the Westin Excelsior. We were very satisfied!
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by arkyrab
My wife and I are Platinum. Upon check in this past Saturday we were told only standard rooms available so we were offered the Belvedere Suite across the piazza at the Westin Excelsior. We were very satisfied!
Wow, you went back four years to quote that post! Impressive!
Old Sep 9, 2015, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by dingo
Wow, you went back four years to quote that post! Impressive!
I really wasn't trying to impress you but glad I did ☺️.

I was trying to give a shout out to St. Regis registration staff who went out of her way to acknowledge SPG Platinum loyalty and give a current slant on a negative St. Regis post from a few years ago. That old post was an unhappy St. Regis guest while I was happy with how I was treated. Says to me St. Regis Florence 2015 is all about the guest.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:37 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Any recent experiences here?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
This suggests breakfast was buffet? My previous stay a few years ago breakfast was a la carte or room service for Plat.

Can someone with recent experience comment on breakfast for Plat. I have a reservation in July for 5 nights on points with SNA applied.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:53 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Originally Posted by CIT85
This suggests breakfast was buffet? My previous stay a few years ago breakfast was a la carte or room service for Plat.

Can someone with recent experience comment on breakfast for Plat. I have a reservation in July for 5 nights on points with SNA applied.
Full breakfast buffet last summer. Great hotel. Nicest in Florence by far.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 9:24 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
stayed there last June.

IIRC, you can have buffet breakfast at the restaurant OR via in room service.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by SeeTheLights
Full breakfast buffet last summer. Great hotel. Nicest in Florence by far.
Better than Four Seasons or Portrait?

Planning a trip in April but torn between the three.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 2:07 am

Programs: AA LTP 2MM, Marriott/SPG Rabid Plat w/Ambassador, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Thanks. So there is potentially very significant value add if staying as a platinum.

Did you pay BAR for a standard room and get a suite upgrade with your SNA? Which category of suite did you receive?
Actually, I stayed on points, and got a suite upgrade with the SNA to a river-view suite. Got the full breakfast buffet (which was something like 40 euros/person normally), although that I had picked that as my platinum amenity rather than the points. This was Spring 2015, fairly off-season.

Last edited by r415; Feb 4, 2016 at 11:37 am Reason: Wrong cost for buffet
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Actually, I stayed on points, and got a suite upgrade with the SNA to a river-view suite. Got the full breakfast buffet (which was something like 99 euros/person normally), although that I had picked that as my platinum amenity rather than the points. This was Spring 2015, fairly off-season.
Are you serious? 99 euros per person breakfast?

St. Regis website lists buffet breakfast price at 42 euros per person.

Last edited by CIT85; Feb 4, 2016 at 9:20 am Reason: Googled cost of breakfast
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:51 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Originally Posted by op487062
Better than Four Seasons or Portrait?

Planning a trip in April but torn between the three.
St Regis is small and historical. Great location near Ponte Vechio. Four Seasons was farther away from where I wanted to be in my opinion. It is very nice though. Don't know the Portrait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.