Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Hotel Website: The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
Official List of Cosmopolitan Bonvoy Elite Benefits: https://www.cosmopolitanlasvegas.com/marriott-bonvoy-at-the-cosmopolitan-of-las-vegas

The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, the only charges that qualify for Points are as follows:
- Room rate, room service food and beverage, in-room movies, phone calls and in-room minibar purchases
- Points cannot be earned on any other purchases at hotel outlets or for hotel services

The Cosmopolitan is a "resort," so basically the only elite benny is a possible upgrade. Elites are not exempt from the resort fee

Resort fee is $39+tax effective 01/01/2019. Also as of that date, parking (self & valet) is complimentary for hotel guests.

Cosmopolitan is exempt from providing free wifi to Plats per Marriott's T&Cs, however it is included with the mandatory $39 daily resort fee so there is still no extra charge to any guest for using it.

Platinums receive:

* use of Platinum check-in area (to the left of main desks)

* Platinum arrival gift is $10FB coupon or 1,000 points

* room upgrade (space available) - better luck on mid-week stays than weekend stays. sometimes a 'sandwich' (ie, bribe) to front desk does the trick.

* free tea/coffee 6am - noon in the plat lobby check-in area

* Wicked Spoon: Marriott Rewards Platinums (and PPs) get to use preferred line and get 15% discount when staying at the property. Just show your MR Plat or PP card.
You can book through Virtuoso as well as Amex FHR for complimentary breakfast buffet at Wicked spoon.

Resort fee:

* $39 (+ tax) per day for resort fee, which includes gym access, local + long distance calls, Wifi, pool access. The resort fee is not waived.

Receiving Bonvoy Points for a Stay:

Many have reported needing to follow up to have Marriott Bonvoy points manually posted post stay (they do not typically post automatically.) A tip is to email [email protected] shortly after a stay asking them to manually forward your folio to Marriott Bonvoy for processing.

Hat tip to billycwhatup for this:

* Identity points and MR points can not be earned on the same stay

Other tips

The Terrace Suites are the most common room type and are classified as studio and one bedroom, with options for King, 2 Queens with or without a fountain view. They are essentially the same size, however (10 sq ft difference), but the layouts differ.

The King Studio Suite has a standard bathroom with shower and tub, a living room area with large sitting area and an L shaped sofa and the bed is in a separate area, though not separated.

The King One BR Suite has the same kind of living room area, with the bedroom separated by sliding doors and the bathroom is larger, with a "soaking tub".

If you get a terrace suite of any kind with 2 Queens, the living area will be smaller.

And unless your room type is described as "fountain view", you aren't guaranteed it, though Platinum status will get you upgraded on check in if they have one available.

If you book any of these room types and want to aim higher, I would try a giving the receptionist a 50$ "sandwich", and ask if any wraparounds upgrades would be available. If they say yes, there is a good chance that it will be a wraparound facing south-east or south-west, which for me would be a no go. Taste in view is personal of course, but for me the fountain-Eiffel tower view are so much nicer than the south facing views. Also when you would have the choice between a low level wraparound or high level terrace suite, I would still take the high level terrace suite, because a number of floors on the east tower are blocked by the big Bellagio sign. (see youtube vids).

If you really want a high level wraparound then you probably would have to pay, which can sometimes be not that much. If I'm not mistaken I think they offered me a wraparound at 150$ per night more, but we originally booked a 1 bedroom terrace room without view.

Last tip : If you would get the choice of wraparound I would definitely take a high floor east tower one, facing north-east. That would give you bellagio fountain + eiffel tower view, but also a good portion of the south strip.

Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by DCBob
Most hotels ban outside food and beverages. They usually don't post signs saying so, but they reserve the right to remove them. I worked in several hotels and they all had this rule to ensure they would sell the items to guests and make more money doing so. The rule is usually enforced only when large amounts are involved, such as alcohol at a bachelor or wedding party. It's silly to worry about getting caught.
I would have thought so until I read about the Hard Rock in Las Vegas doing bag searches at the elevators.....

And of course most Vegas hotels do bag search at the pool so you can't bring in your own food/beverage so... it's not out of the realm of possibility for that location!
Old Dec 13, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: VA WP, UA 1k, QR G, AZ WP
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
So I just booked a room here and noted in the terms and conditions that "no outside food is allowed" Please tell me they don't inspect your bags for outside food?
I've never had any problems carrying my bags of food or drink up, and thats when you're loaded down in the "everything must go in one trip" ridiculous style.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
I booked this hotel using MR points on 12.30 and 12.31. The only room available for points was the City View Guest room with 2 queens. How likely am I to get an upgrade considering that it is a NYE weekend in Vegas?
Old Dec 28, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
I spent 3 nights here over Christmas.I am SPG plat with linked MR.No upgrade available I was told.Had booked a 1 bedroom balcony and got one towards the back of the Chelsea Tower with a lovely view of I 15.
The only plat benefit was premium wifi normally ~ $20 a day.It was pretty pathetic.however it would randomly drop me back to standard wifi.How did I know.Because then nothing would happen.I would have to log back in and change selection to premium.
One day bought back some leftovers from dinner thinking we could reheat in microwave.Well it lit up,made sounds and the timer worked but no matter what program or how long the food came out the same temp it went in.
The tub wouldn't hold water.
We left our yoghurts for breakfast overnight in the freezer section of the fridge as read a post on here that it was not really a freezer section.A novelty having frozen yoghurt for brekkie.Then the next 2 days putting them on top of cans in the fridge resulted in multiple minibar charges-although they admitted that nothing had to be replaced when checked.
Final insult was our room was serviced on our last day at 5pm-not a worry it was Christmas day.But rubbish not removed but the bottle of mouthwash I was using plus a new bottle was removed with no replacement.
No worries they will never see me again.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
I did get a free upgrade to a fountain view terrace room in the Chelsea tower. I didn't even try using the upgraded internet, the standard one was fine for music streaming for 2 days. There is a sticker in the fridge that tells you to request a complimentary fridge if you need it, which I did and they brought up a mini fridge after 10 minutes.
Overall, it was a positive experience.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |
Update on my break in from hotel staff

Originally Posted by SpicyMorale
Trip update:

Arrived just after 3pm, got a front desk associate quickly who was also a tad late and glad we got there at the time we did because after we checked in the line was getting long. Nearly every employee (talking the bellboy and valet we simply walked past, the front desk associate, the line gatherer, cashier/waiter/seater at the Wicked Spoon) was welcoming and very nice, almost alarmingly so.

The break in luckily happened just after we checked in, and my girlfriends top was at least half on as we were headed to the pool. The two staff members lingered too long like they were casing us out and didn't even apologize, simply said we didn't realize the room was taken, yeah okay. AFAIK that was the only one but we locked up all our important stuff in our suitcases and nothing was stolen.

Balcony is something else and that alone might entice my girlfriend to go again. We were facing a pool and McCarran and it wasn't that bad on the 39th floor.

The room was clean, outside on the balcony being dirty I'm fine with (look at the Luxor). A previous poster was correct, don't look to close as you will notice stains and burn marks of rooms that get run hard and fast.

No incorrect mini bar purchases, one of the tv's was slower than acceptable.

The Wicked Spoon is the best buffet I have been to for dinner (Flavor's in it's hay day, the Rio, the Orleans, Mirage, TI, Stratosphere all pale in comparison), that being said it still is a buffet. Is it worth it? To try it out and earn points yeah. The sorbet's are what really got me and you should definitely start with deserts and end with them too. I found there carving station lacking, fried chicken bland, and shrimp cocktail in a glass cup kinda sad-if these simple staples of a Las Vegas buffet were done at least okay I would go again but it's ultimately meh and just nice to look at. There's a metaphor in there somewhere. I'm glad I was not the only food snob as my gf and her brother both agreed with a similar assessment.

Tl;dr Nice property, get a balcony, lock your stuff up, earn those points!
Nada would be somewhat accurate. Not that I expected anything, didn't seem too malicious but oh well.

Last edited by SpicyMorale; Jan 7, 2018 at 11:26 pm Reason: on mobile, going back pages is a pain in the a$$
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:34 am

Hi all, I'm booked for MLK weekend, but for the cheapest room (City room, 2x Queen). As a platinum do I have a good shot at getting a balcony view upgrade? I'm worried it's a long weekend and right after CES so options may be limited.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by SpicyMorale
Nada would be somewhat accurate. Not that I expected anything, didn't seem too malicious but oh well.
Can you please elaborate on what you are talking about? Thank you
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by dmo580
Hi all, I'm booked for MLK weekend, but for the cheapest room (City room, 2x Queen). As a platinum do I have a good shot at getting a balcony view upgrade? I'm worried it's a long weekend and right after CES so options may be limited.
I booked the same room and got an upgrade to terrace view king room. It was on New Years eve when it's pretty busy so I would say you have a pretty good chance at an upgrade.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Don't spend much time in Vegas, but enjoy the benefits I receive as a Caesars Diamond member. I recently noticed the reciprocal status benefits for Marriott Plats at Cosmopolitan, as well as the ability to earn points and stay credits.

I was curious though if Identity Platinum members receive any enhanced VIP options at the hotel over Marriott Plats such as a nicer express check in/lounge or better room upgrade options?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Identity platinum offers TONS of benefits Marriott plats do not get. Specific to your question, Marriott plats can check in at the Autograph Lounge while Identity plats can use the VIP lounge (much less busy, better champagne, etc.).
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Identity platinum offers TONS of benefits Marriott plats do not get. Specific to your question, Marriott plats can check in at the Autograph Lounge while Identity plats can use the VIP lounge (much less busy, better champagne, etc.).
Thanks for the quick reply

Do you happen to know if Identity Plats receive a more generous upgrade benefit over Marriott Plats? The most appealing benefit at Cosmo imo seems to be the written upgrade policy. Caesars always claimed upgrades were only for comps based on play activity, and SPG has spoiled me with generous bumps
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
All that is published for Identity platinums is "complimentary room upgrades". I went from an Identity nobody to a platinum on one stay, so don't have any personal experience yet to say whether the benefit is one or two categories, or more. Stories posted here (in this thread) show Marriott platinums getting some pretty good upgrades, for instance a base room to a wraparound suite (undoubtedly when occupancy is fairly low). I guess the best of all worlds is to be platinum in both programs, and hope they recognize double-platinum status!
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:09 am

From what I’ve been told they will upgrade MR Platinums one grade, so that could be same room type just with a fountain view.
I have been upgraded 2x from a terrace one bedroom no view to a one bedroom suite. My 5 other times only upgraded to fountain views.
This has been mid week low times.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:44 am

Wow from nothing to plat in one stay is pretty impressive. But I guess in Vegas the spend can be accomplished quickly

I'm very excited to check out the cosmo next time in Vegas, seems like a quality experience for Marriott Plats from what I have read in the thread.

I did read though that someone had used the VIP identity check in as a Marriott plat instead of the autograph lounge. Was this just a fluke or do they usually look the other way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.