Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2010, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
hey people, i have a suggestion....this property has far too few pictures on their official website....it may be a good idea for people staying here to take pictures of their rooms & the common areas....this way we would know what each of the rooms look like over a short period of time....
Old Dec 14, 2010, 1:51 am

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
It's a very nice FourPoints

Hello:

I have stayed here two times so far and the hotel is "for the price of 1900" great!. As a plat I received no welcome note and no upgrade however I read that this hotel is short on suites. It is "cheap and cheerful" if I had to sum it all up.

They are indeed having staffing issues....I wonder if many of the managers have worked in Thailand before and know how to manage in this culture? English is well spoken at the front desk and concierge however restaurants and bars need some assistance. You cannot compare the SGS or the Le Meridian Suriwong to this hotel!

Enjoy!
Old Dec 14, 2010, 6:52 am
cxn

Stayed at the hotel. As others have stated, the 1900THB price is a good value. As a Plat, you receive free internet, breakfast, drinks at night ( did not take advantage of so cant provide info ) and also 3 free pieces of pressing ( also did not take advantage of ).

They are still doing construction so if you plan to sleep past 8am, you might want to look at another hotel. Only main issue with the room is the bathroom. The shower does not drain well (caused my the whole bathroom to flood) and the sink has a design which splashes water all over the place.

If you are looking for a suite upgrade, better to go with the Westin. As others have pointed out, limited number of suites in the hotel and it seems those are being picked up by paying customers. When I checked in I saw them getting over 30 Plat reservations ready (so this seems like a popular hotel for SPG guests).

Would stay again if the price is right. But if they choose to bring it up close to the price of the Westin, would stay at the Westin instead or if trying to save some money, On8 Hotel on Soi 8.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:37 pm

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Dang... not sure how I missed this (or why I passed on it if I saw it) but the wife and I are at the PA in a paid club room. (Was 35% off for booking 30+ days in advance.) The rate we ended up paying was 5586 a/i. Breakfast at raintree is great, lounge benefits are nice, but in the end, not sure they were worth $110. I think one of the reasons we (I) passed on the 4P, is that we're on our honeymoon, and wanted something that has proven to be a nice experience. Can't say I'm let down.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 3:44 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by DHAST
Dang... not sure how I missed this (or why I passed on it if I saw it) but the wife and I are at the PA in a paid club room. (Was 35% off for booking 30+ days in advance.) The rate we ended up paying was 5586 a/i. Breakfast at raintree is great, lounge benefits are nice, but in the end, not sure they were worth $110. I think one of the reasons we (I) passed on the 4P, is that we're on our honeymoon, and wanted something that has proven to be a nice experience. Can't say I'm let down.
You did the right thing. For your honeymoon I think you'll be much happier with the choice you made. The PA is an excellent hotel with a wonderful lounge and great breakfast. Congrats!

How long are you in BKK for?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 8:20 pm

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
Any feedback as to what will golds get at this property, if any?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 9:26 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by NYCtraveler
As a plat I received no welcome note and no upgrade however I read that this hotel is ...

Enjoy!
I did get a welcome note from Janet the GM ...
Old Dec 15, 2010, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
congratulations on the wedding....enjoy your honeymoon....
Old Dec 15, 2010, 2:02 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by saad
hey people, i have a suggestion....this property has far too few pictures on their official website....it may be a good idea for people staying here to take pictures of their rooms & the common areas....this way we would know what each of the rooms look like over a short period of time....
Three types of rooms shown here: # 403, 339 & a Terrace Suite:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/...7625518907324/
Old Dec 15, 2010, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by cxn
They are still doing construction so if you plan to sleep past 8am, you might want to look at another hotel. Only main issue with the room is the bathroom. The shower does not drain well (caused my the whole bathroom to flood) and the sink has a design which splashes water all over the place.
Stayed 3 nights starting on Dec. 2 at room 339 and did not hear a peep in our room during our stay ... a very quite room. The noise, however, was noticable in the lobby area during business hours but it wasn't so bad.

Agreed about the shower leak ... but that's a problem I have at many hotels.

Last edited by Kalboz; Dec 15, 2010 at 2:14 am
Old Dec 15, 2010, 2:32 am

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by kaysquare
Any feedback as to what will golds get at this property, if any?
A received an dungeon instead of a room (room x20 with almost no window) and a golden sleeve around my key. That's it.

S
Old Dec 15, 2010, 2:53 am

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by yosithezet
You did the right thing. For your honeymoon I think you'll be much happier with the choice you made. The PA is an excellent hotel with a wonderful lounge and great breakfast. Congrats!

How long are you in BKK for?
In BKK for four nights total, in Thailand for three weeks total, and SE Asia in general for 5.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 2:54 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by DFW-SEN
A received an dungeon instead of a room (room x20 with almost no window) and a golden sleeve around my key. That's it.

S
you get what you deserve
Old Dec 15, 2010, 3:01 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
In BKK for four nights total, in Thailand for three weeks total, and SE Asia in general for 5.
You should update the Thailand/Starwood threads in my signature. Always great opportunities to meet up with FTers.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 5:26 am

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by cln
you get what you deserve
I deserve the golden sleeve, but if this was one of their "bettter rooms" I am worried. Anyhow, I qualified to Platinum now and am looking forward to my next stay at the SGS
S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.