Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Four Points Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2010, 2:45 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
Crikey, you're easily bought off. Do you work for FIFA ?.
You got me there mate

However, one must consider that a 4 Star rating (First Class) to include the following:

In addition to the comfort star (***) hotels: - Reception opened 18 hours, accessible by phone 24 hours from inside and outside - Lobby with seats and beverage service - Breakfast buffet or breakfast menu card via room service - Minibar or 24 hours beverages via room service - Upholstered chair/couch with side table - Bath robe and slippers on demand - Cosmetic products (e.g. shower cap, nail file, cotton swabs), vanity mirror, tray of a large scale in the bathroom) - Internet access and internet terminal - "À la carte"-restaurant
And the 4P BKK have all the above requirements and more. Even if the 4P BKK is not a 4 Star property, it's close to it ... say 3.99 Star as the 3 Star catagory offer properties in a wide range from a low to high 3*
Old Dec 8, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Miles&More Senator, bmi Diamond Club Silver, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG
Four Points Suhkumvit Highs and Lows

I checked into this property on Dec 1 about 4pm and stayed 3 nights. I'll start with the good. Let me say that first impressions based solely on the lobby are good. The staff were really friendly and sharp. The lobby is open, spacious, clean, and quite bright. I liked the use of glass and white with some wood accents. It made it all look really hip, but inviting. I was on the 4th floor. Check-in was not done at the counter, but in my room. I was explained this is a benefit given to all elite SPG members. It gives the guest a chance to check-out the room before signing the documents. My room was made up with a king sized bed. The actual room itself is certainly better than many rooms I've stayed in Westins, Marriotts, or Sheratons. It is truly a well-done room. The internet worked properly and was adequate speed. There is even a complete control panel in the desk that allows you to hok up your laptop to the flat-screen tv to watch your own movies, programs, or other video that you have on your computer. Absolute genius that is! Breakfast is excellent. I enjoyed the asian dishes as well as the western dishes. The food was fresh, delicious, and really well-done.

Now for the bad. Ok, the walls to the rooms are really thin. I could hear the people next door to me having sex... repeatedly.. and loudly.. at 2pm, 30pm, 315pm, 4pm, 1am, 130am, 2am, 245am, etc.. They were either really horny or he had a revolving door of local "talent". The room on the other side of me was an "adjoining" room with the door for access. I could hear everything from that room. Private conversations, etc.. Even the water running in the shower seemed like it was in my own bathroom. There was a gap between the door and the floor that made it all the worse. Really poor planning on the hotel's part. I complained and it did no good. There is alot of hallway noise. The doors slam shut and it is really annoying to have it vibrate throughout the entire floor. The granite bathroom floor is raised about 2-3 cms higher than the carpeted hallway, so stubbing your toe on that darned granite happened more than once. It's really another bad planning decision. One elevator had it's temperature set to "Tropical Rain Forest" while the other felt like "Arctic Blast". The vents in the kitchen area do not ventilate properly. After every single breakfast, my clothes smelled horribly of fried things, oil, and spices. It was kinda gross.

Overall, would I stay here again? Well, yes and no. Only if I had a better room without the noise issues. That was really the worst part. I like the SGS better. If the price is within 1000-2000 baht, I will stay at the SGS. If the price difference is more than that, I would have to seriously consider the FP Sukhumvit.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by FatManInNYC
^^ Wouldn't it be nice if the hotel's taxi card was attached to the first post in each of the master threads? (Hint - mod, Hint.)
It would be even better if it could be downloaded off the hotel's home page as a standard feature of all Asian hotels of all chains. And that they provide accurate information about public transit nearby instead of driving directions!
Old Dec 9, 2010, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by TravellinHusker
Now for the bad. Ok, the walls to the rooms are really thin. I could hear the people next door to me having sex... repeatedly.. and loudly.. at 2pm, 30pm, 315pm, 4pm, 1am, 130am, 2am, 245am, etc.. They were either really horny or he had a revolving door of local "talent".
Sorry!!

But seriously, haven't noticed any noise issues apart from the doors which do close loudly and also take forever to swing shut. But you've cursed me now and I'll probably start hearing my neighbours now... I'm here a on day 4 of a 25 night stay and will post detailed impressions further along. I'm loving it so far, especially the wonderful, bubbly, happy staff!!! I haven't stayed at any of the other starwoods, but I have stayed at a bunch of the no-chain hotels in the area in similar price ranges (eg President Palace, FuramaXclusive, Dream etc), and apart from things like laundry and room service and especially internet costing a lot more here, I must say I greatly prefer this to any of them.

Oh and can anyone recommend some good room service dishes? Pretty extensive menu.

Last edited by GeekElite; Dec 9, 2010 at 9:16 am
Old Dec 9, 2010, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by GeekElite
Oh and can anyone recommend some good room service dishes? Pretty extensive menu.
can we have a snapshot of the menu please????
Old Dec 9, 2010, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I could hear the people next door to me having sex... repeatedly.. and loudly.. at 2pm, 30pm, 315pm, 4pm, 1am, 130am, 2am, 245am, etc.. They were either really horny or he had a revolving door of local "talent."
OK, anyone here going to own up to this? (I was in a different hemisphere at the time.)
Old Dec 9, 2010, 1:09 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by GeekElite

I don't know about room service but the duck noodle soup at the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi 15 is delicious!
Old Dec 10, 2010, 1:12 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Now for the bad. Ok, the walls to the rooms are really thin. I could hear the people next door to me having sex... repeatedly.. and loudly.. at 2pm, 30pm, 315pm, 4pm, 1am, 130am, 2am, 245am, etc.. They were either really horny or he had a revolving door of local "talent". ...
Why you stay all day/night in room ?
And if this nerves you, why you not call roomservice, to hear voice and ask for another room ?
Old Dec 11, 2010, 8:57 pm

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
Now for the bad. Ok, the walls to the rooms are really thin. I could hear the people next door to me having sex... repeatedly.. and loudly.. at 2pm, 30pm, 315pm, 4pm, 1am, 130am, 2am, 245am, etc.. They were either really horny or he had a revolving door of local "talent".
the walls are so thin?? oh my goodness! I hope I won't be hearing all of that when I stay there early next year. Maybe some feedback to the GM is in order.

Overall, would I stay here again? Well, yes and no. Only if I had a better room without the noise issues. That was really the worst part. I like the SGS better. If the price is within 1000-2000 baht, I will stay at the SGS. If the price difference is more than that, I would have to seriously consider the FP Sukhumvit.
I like the SGS when I stayed there. But the price differential has to be really close for that to happen. Hoping for the SGS rates to drop. But don't see that happening anytime soon.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 9:37 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by kaysquare
the walls are so thin?? oh my goodness! I hope I won't be hearing all of that when I stay there early next year. Maybe some feedback to the GM is in order.

I like the SGS when I stayed there. But the price differential has to be really close for that to happen. Hoping for the SGS rates to drop. But don't see that happening anytime soon.
If you are unlucky you have the room next to me and my girlfriend
I see rates in March in SGS from 5000bath weekdays and 3999 on weekends, same dates the 4Points is ~3000Bath. I assume that will change for sure, nobody will stay at 4P for 1000THB less than SGS. I booked the SGS for a couple of nights in Jan and in February i gonna try the 4Points...
Wanted to come for the opening but it has been delayed so i choose to stay at the Marriott Resort which was a pretty good choice for Loy Krathong, excellent Club Lounge, excellent breakfast.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 9:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by cln
I see rates in March in SGS from 5000bath weekdays
Baht, not bath...
Old Dec 11, 2010, 9:58 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
I'm currently at the SGS with the THB 3999/night rate. Excellent facilities and service ... the suite upgrade, the 24-hour butler service, happy hour at multi-outlets, the posh breakfast, the 3-piece laundry per guest per stay, etc. You can also book the SGS for weekdays stay for THB 4534/night under buy 3 pay 2 rate. I am here on a leisure twice a year vacation and would rather spend the (few) baht and get what I want than haggle with some rockie FD clerk at the 4P.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/...7625553717660/

Originally Posted by kaysquare
Originally Posted by cln
I see rates in March in SGS from 5000bath weekdays and 3999 on weekends, same dates the 4Points is ~3000Bath. I assume that will change for sure, nobody will stay at 4P for 1000THB less than SGS. I booked the SGS for a couple of nights in Jan and in February i gonna try the 4Points...
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:48 am

Programs: SPG>P & STARWOOD Privilege
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I don't know about room service but the duck noodle soup at the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi 15 is delicious!
Have eaten there..it is delicious as are other items at a very reasonable price...and a great place for watching the flow of people along Suk
Old Dec 13, 2010, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I had another stay at this hotel.. This time I had Room#525, it was beside the elevator shaft.... OMG it was the worse.. I could hear the elevator doors opening and closing all night long as well as the mechanical cable operation of the elevator.

i will definately request a different room next time.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 9:35 pm

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Last weekend I stayed a few nights at this hotel and it is nothing more than a good 3* property. It reminded me of the Novotel at the Hydrabad Airport, at which I also stayed just after the opening.

The good:
- Everything is brand new, nice and clean
- The staff is very friendly, although some lack english skills (Guestservices)
- The bed is very comfortable

The bad
- As a SPG Gold I was assigned room X20. It is a normal room, but the window in this particular room is only 3 feet wide, giving it a dungeon like feeling. You need the lights even during the day. One of the worst rooms I stayed in for a long time. I did not have the energy to complain, but it is certainly a room you should avoid
- The liberal use of wood coloured plastic veneer throughout the room makes it look very cheap and basic
- The towels are of very low quality

I could go on, but in a nutshell it is OK for THB 1900 , but I will not return. The risk of getting another awfull room like the one I stayed in is to big for me. In future I will stay at the SGS again (10+ stays in 2010) . It is a different class and I am willing to pay for this some more.

S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.