Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa, Dubai [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:08 pm

It's still 66k points for me. I just booked another placeholder in case I want to switch dates and it came up as 66k. So no St Regis Maldives price mistake here.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
I had no problem booking 2 nights at 66k, Bedouin suite. Since the Bedouin Suite is the lowest category room, I'd say it's a bit misleading to have this hotel at 60K in the award chart, but 66K is still a deal.

Question for anyone who has stayed, if you know. I'm slated to arrive into DXB at 7:30pm. My flight out is at 4am, with one full day, two nights, in between. The schedule of activities seems to allow for 2 morning and 2 evening activities. Has anyone successfully crammed 2 days' worth of activities into one day--or at least done 2 am or 2 pm activities on the same day? I obviously will have no time for activities on the day of arrival or the day of departure....

I'm reluctant to book only one night because check out time is at Noon...and even if I'm platinum by then, which I might be, that still gives me a pretty long time between check out and airport departure.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 2:29 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by h8stn4d
I had no problem booking 2 nights at 66k, Bedouin suite. Since the Bedouin Suite is the lowest category room, I'd say it's a bit misleading to have this hotel at 60K in the award chart, but 66K is still a deal.

Question for anyone who has stayed, if you know. I'm slated to arrive into DXB at 7:30pm. My flight out is at 4am, with one full day, two nights, in between. The schedule of activities seems to allow for 2 morning and 2 evening activities. Has anyone successfully crammed 2 days' worth of activities into one day--or at least done 2 am or 2 pm activities on the same day? I obviously will have no time for activities on the day of arrival or the day of departure....

I'm reluctant to book only one night because check out time is at Noon...and even if I'm platinum by then, which I might be, that still gives me a pretty long time between check out and airport departure.
Regardless of whether they allow you or not, I think you will struggle with the fact that most activities take place at the same time.

The following link may be old, but have a look at the last page:
Activities timing

All afternoon activities take place at the same time and apart from archery/desert drive that seems to be the case for morning too.
tonywush likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GVA
Regardless of whether they allow you or not, I think you will struggle with the fact that most activities take place at the same time.

The following link may be old, but have a look at the last page:
Activities timing

All afternoon activities take place at the same time and apart from archery/desert drive that seems to be the case for morning too.
Thanks for posting that; I had seen something similar posted online, and it looks like if you choose right, you can do back-to-back in both the am and the pm (eg. falcons+desert drive in the am; wildlife drive+sundowners in the pm). The question is whether they'd permit it. I need to try to track down an email address and I'll just ask.....
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:08 pm

I just tried calling multiple numbers and talked to different people. They were unable to find ANY points bookings at the moment. I looked random dates in october 2018, and august 2019. I tried the plat line, spg line, luxury hotel collection line, and some of them twice. All of them can see the cash rates but no points rates at this time. Please report back if anyone has success.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
I have just called my ambassador and she also confirmed that there are no points redemptions available for any dates. Sad to see another all-suite property not being bookable at the advertised rate, my guess is that it'll open up again in few days at much higher cost.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:42 pm

I emailed the property directly and they advised
"the minimum points required is 80000 per night based on full board basis, which includes Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with Two Desert activities per person per stay."
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:29 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
I was able to book it 66k for one night in January three days ago. Also noteworthy that you can cancel up to one month before the stay only!
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by dimon84
I was able to book it 66k for one night in January three days ago. Also noteworthy that you can cancel up to one month before the stay only!
What number did you call ?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:46 pm

Seems like it's bookable for 60k on the app right now, same as all other properties. Just got my reservations confirmed!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:30 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
I made a booking for a Bedouin Suite just after the merger for 66k a night. It shows two desert activités and full board.

I now see the exact same room for 60k but the Marriott app room details doesn’t mention the extras.

So im not sure if my ‘upgraded room’ includes the extras or of it was a system glitch at integration and I should rebook to get back 6k a night. Anyone know?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:41 am

Indeed it seems like new award bookings do not include meals or activities anymore, so if you hold one of the 66k reservations that include them I’d keep it instead.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by porkie
Indeed it seems like new award bookings do not include meals or activities anymore, so if you hold one of the 66k reservations that include them I’d keep it instead.
I just booked a 5 night stay for 240K points. My confirmation says this:

Special Services for All Rooms:

Rate Plan: SPG Free Nights
DINNER Per Person/per Night
AWARD REQUIRED Per Room/per Night
BUFFET BREAKFAST Per Person/per Night
LUNCH Per Person/per Night
CHARITABLE DONATION Per Room/per Stay
OTHER Per Person/per Stay
Tourism Levy Excl Per Room/per Night

I assumed all these things are included. Is that not correct?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:38 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Hmm now I’m just wondering if the app doesn’t show it but it’s in the confirmation...

can these be booked without points in hand? If so maybe I’ll book the second one and cancel one later...
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:44 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Anyone tried calling to get the difference in points refunded ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.