Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Tambo del Inka, Urubamba, Peru [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2020, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Tambo del Inka, Urubamba, Peru [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
I would be staying 2 nights at this resort and heading off to MP for a single night. Once back from MP I would be heading off to Palacio del inka hotel, can I store lugagge here while I am in MP?? I called the hotel and asked them and they were fine - although the operator kept saying Yes to everything which kind of felt odd to me.

Just checking to see if anyone has done this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:48 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Travel & Leisure just posted their “Bucket List” and I was excited to see our choice for our October 2019 trip there.

This hotel really does look great. Very much looking forward to visiting.
Pota likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by Dzigavertov
One other note, I read somewhere that tap water in Peru was not safe to drink. Has anyone had issues with the water provided by Tambo del Inka, in the restaurants and anywhere else on the property?
I had no problem with the water and ice cubes provided here, or anywhere else in Urubamba, Ollantaytambo, Aguas Caliente, Cusco and Lima.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Delta Plat, AA Gold, Avis PresClub
Stayed here last month. It was not only a great stay, but a great experience at the hotel.
https://truptravels.com/2018/06/16/r...-sagrado-peru/

@ Dzigavertov They give you plenty of bottled water in the hotel. We tried not to drink too many mixed drinks, but ended up getting several free which i am sure they use ice in and never got sick.
@ Ksw299 They are very accomodating and while we didn't store our bags here, I saw other people who did.

Last edited by truptravels; Jul 2, 2018 at 7:29 am Reason: adding pictures
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by Ksw299
I would be staying 2 nights at this resort and heading off to MP for a single night. Once back from MP I would be heading off to Palacio del inka hotel, can I store lugagge here while I am in MP?? I called the hotel and asked them and they were fine - although the operator kept saying Yes to everything which kind of felt odd to me.

Just checking to see if anyone has done this.
Yes. Hotel not only kept luggage, but delivered it to the suite we had been upgraded into before we returned. Fantastic hotel with great service.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:37 am

We just completed a 4 night stay with 2 separate stays of 2 nights each with a night spent in Aguas Calientes in between. Prior to this we had spent 2 nights at the Palacio del inka in Cusco. We took a cab booked through taxidatum at $30. I had booked a BRG rate for the first stay at about $235 a night and C+P for the second stay. On both occasions we were upgraded to the Senior suite - the best suite in house. This is not the standard suite platinums are entitled.

Platinum treatment is outstanding here. They remembered our names every time we dined, my wife is a strict vegetarian who doesnt even eat egg and they would make a special dish for her every morning at breakfast - steamed vegetables and avocado. The breakfast here is very very good and healthy - though not much variation over the 4 nights we spent.

We had a couple's massage booked during the second stay - our first ever spa experience and it was very serene. The massage was so relaxing that I actually fell asleep during it. Only complaint is that they only allowed late checkout till 1 30 PM on both stays and I wanted more - its a resort so I understand.

I have to say I am very impressed by the LC brand - this was my third property. First experience was only ok - the Equinox in Vermont but both in Peru - PDI and TDI were very impressive. Next year I am planning to spend some nights in ITC brand in India - will report later on the experience.

Living room.

Bedroom

Jacuzzi

Bedroom

Living room

Bedroom

The grounds.

The grounds.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 2:59 pm

How much is the train ride from the hotel to MP? The train only goes from hotel to AC, from there bus to MP is needed, correct?. Did you do the bus or taxi to MP? I am afraid of being late for the time slot to hike the Wayna Picchu between 10-11 AM?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by flybie
How much is the train ride from the hotel to MP? The train only goes from hotel to AC, from there bus to MP is needed, correct?. Did you do the bus or taxi to MP? I am afraid of being late for the time slot to hike the Wayna Picchu between 10-11 AM?
the train price varies, so you can price it out on the website. Yes, once you get to AC, you need to take a bus up to MP. It’s very possible you won’t make the 10AM hike, unless things changed from last year. I’d sleep in AC the night before.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by flybie
You will definotely not have time to make it to Wayna Picchu if you leave that morning. Stay at the Sanctuary Lodge - its expensive but worth it. We stood in the linefor abt 2 hours in the rain waiting for the bus.

Get to AC before 3 PM as the last bus to MP is at 3 30 and u will have to walk to the lodge if u reach after that time.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:23 pm
pjs

Planning a visit for a couple of nights in December (using points). There will be 3 of us. Website and app both show a 3rd person per night fee of $105 but Bonvoy T&Cs state that there are no extra person charges on award stays. I've put an email into Marriott, but while I wait for a response, has anyone been charged an extra person fee on an award stay here? Thanks.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:35 am
pjs

Originally Posted by pjs
Planning a visit for a couple of nights in December (using points). There will be 3 of us. Website and app both show a 3rd person per night fee of $105 but Bonvoy T&Cs state that there are no extra person charges on award stays. I've put an email into Marriott, but while I wait for a response, has anyone been charged an extra person fee on an award stay here? Thanks.
So, the response was that they would "only" charge $60 per night for the extra person and include breakfast for 3 of us (instead of 2) as a "courtesy" since I am Titanium. It's annoying but I will go ahead and book before they devalue this hotel (35k for $700/night rooms!) and take up the fight with Bonvoy after we stay there.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:53 pm

I have an upcoming reservation for two nights using points and noticed that the hotel also charges about 35 USD per night in resort fees.

Has anyone had any success in getting the resort fees waived (I have ambassador status) or a replacement amenity provided?

Any advice on how to approach this topic is appreciated. I am not going to make a big fuss if I end up needing to pay it in the end, but I wanted to see if there is a way to work around it.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by Pota
I have an upcoming reservation for two nights using points and noticed that the hotel also charges about 35 USD per night in resort fees.

Has anyone had any success in getting the resort fees waived (I have ambassador status) or a replacement amenity provided?

Any advice on how to approach this topic is appreciated. I am not going to make a big fuss if I end up needing to pay it in the end, but I wanted to see if there is a way to work around it.
Alternative amenity is only for the internet portion if the fee includes internet. If the fee does not include internet, then you would not be entitled to an alternative.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:47 am
pjs

Originally Posted by Pota

Policy doesn't require it (unlike Hilton who waives resort fees on award stays) so I would just ask at check-in/check-out. That's what I'm going to do about this and the 3rd person fee (where policy does state otherwise).
Old Aug 9, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
When did they start charging resort fee?

IIRC, i wasn’t charged this fee when i was there in December 2017.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.