Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, Australia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 18, 2019, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Alternate: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2001, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

How is the Sydney Renassiance? Location, sercices, etc.?
Old Oct 31, 2001, 11:39 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001168.html
Old Jan 17, 2002, 1:19 pm

Location: Los Angeles, CA UA Premier Exec, AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Renaissance Sydney Suggestions?

Hello! I will be staying at the Sydney Renaissance in late February/early March for 5 nights (free nights off rewards). I just became a Gold member, and so I requested an upgrade. Is there any room-related suggestions anyone has for the Sydney Renaissance? Is there one side of the hotel (with a view) or a specific floor that I should request? I've heard it's a decent hotel, and any input you have will be appreciated!
Old Jan 17, 2002, 4:07 pm

The Renaissance Sydney is great. As a Gold member, I was automatically upgraded to an "Harbour Level Opera View" room (or something to that effect - you can easily verify on marriott.com) before check-in - the first time I didn't have to ask for an upgrade at a Marriott. It was decently large, with a stunning view over the Sydney Opera House and the harbour. Note that there is a very tall building between the Renaissance and the harbourfront which presents a bit of an eyesore, but the view is still top-notch.

-Zombie-
Old Jan 17, 2002, 4:42 pm

Thanks Zombie! I'll definitely try for the Opera House view, as it will be my first time ever in Australia, and if ever there was an Australian icon, that is it! (well, perhaps Ayers Rock too, but I'm pretty sure the Renaissance isn't THAT tall).
Old Jan 17, 2002, 4:43 pm

P.S. Did you enjoy your stay at that hotel when you were there? What was the experience like?
Old Jan 18, 2002, 8:13 am

The hotel was great - fabulous location, spectacular view, great atmosphere, very friendly staff (although the concierge was slightly condescending), great concierge lounge (with amazing fresh smoked salmon for breakfast!), etc. My only complaint is the decor in the bathroom in my room, which was rather bleak - but that's just being picky. I didn't eat in the hotel restaurant(s), so I can't help you there.

Enjoy your stay!

-Zombie-
Old Jan 18, 2002, 9:50 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
We stayed at the regular Marriott because I had my family. There are no room types at the Renaissance that allow more than 3 people (which may be a positive, depending on your perspective).
Old Jan 19, 2002, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
I'm Plat, so it may have made the difference, but I was upgraded (free 7 day stay) to a suite that had both harbor bridge and Opera house view. It was quite an amazing suite and I was thrilled.

The staff is beyond helpful. Don't really like the regular restaurant (Crayons?) and it lacks in service, but love the wine bar, and the upscale restaurant is quite nice that was near the wine bar. It's been a year since I was there, but am going back in March and can't wait.

The location is fabulous and I love the place!
Old Jan 20, 2002, 3:31 pm

Echo the comments of others, the Renaissance is wonderful. Just returned from Australia yesterday and we also experienced the suite upgrade. We were there for two weeks, 1/1 thru 1/15, and were given a suite on the top floor. Bath with two sinks, Jacuzzi, walk-in shower. Also a 1/2 bath off the living room. Great view of the bridge and western Sydney. We on the other hand, loved Crayons, the restaurant on the 2nd floor. They had a buffet each evening with fresh seafood, and other choices of lamb, roast, or pork, and a dessert bar to die for. Staff was great but we found concierge slightly stuffy and not always knowledgeable. Internet access is available at hotel but try the convenience store directly across Pitt St., 20 min. for only $3Australian and they have 8-10 PCs.
Old Jan 21, 2002, 11:53 am

Thanks to all for your input! I'm definitely hoping for the upgrade to a Suite, but it will not be the end of the world if it doesn't happen (I've learned never to count on hotel upgrades).

I was surprised that the Renaissance was available for the Rewards stay, and yet the Sydney Marriott was not. From everything I've read and heard, the Renaissance is a superior hotel! Lucky me, I guess.

Next month can't get here fast enough!
Old Feb 20, 2002, 3:11 pm

There is an Executive Suite (costs less) and a Club Suite (costs more). Which offers a better view/amenities? Both include Club use and limo from the airport, and I see no differences other than possible floors. Any insight?
Old Sep 19, 2002, 2:40 pm

Renaissance Sydney

I understand that the Renaissance in Sydney, AU will be undergoing refurbishment from 01/06/03 through 05/30/03. Got an e-mail from the Marriott Internet Concierge who says it is for a Soft Goods Refurbishment. Anyone know exactly what will be ocurring? I had made reservations for that hotel in mid-Feb and was getting concerned when I read about the refurb.
Old Jan 28, 2003, 9:15 am

Renaissance Sydney refurbishment ?

Hi all,

I am planning a 3-day stay at the Ren in Sydney around end of February.

What about the hinder from the current refurbishments ? Is there a lot of noise hinder ? What about the facilities ?

We arrive at 8:am after a night flight, I hate to loose sleep because of the noise !

Thank you !

Jan
Old Jan 28, 2003, 10:32 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Email them at [email protected] and they will send you a document detailing what's going on. At least they did so when I asked, and very quick -- same day I emailed them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.