Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian SPG American Express

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2018, 6:48 pm

The points earned from my Canadian SPG Amex spend are deposited into my SPG account on the 26th each month like clockwork (2 days after my statement date). Still no sign of this months points! Need them to make a redemption before the new award chart takes effect. Anyone got any insight into this, would love to know when to expect them Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by GLAinYYZ
The points earned from my Canadian SPG Amex spend are deposited into my SPG account on the 26th each month like clockwork (2 days after my statement date). Still no sign of this months points! Need them to make a redemption before the new award chart takes effect. Anyone got any insight into this, would love to know when to expect them Thanks!
That could be a problem.

I'm waiting for 2 MR transfers, performed on July 24 & 26, to hit my SPG account.

There will be some uncertainty and delays while they overhaul their systems.
I dunno that your points will be there by July 31.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 7:53 pm

Thanks! Looks like we have a little extra time with them announcing the changes will now take effect on August 18th.

However, it would have been helpful if AMEX had let us know if they anticipate delays in the regular monthly posting of points.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305
That could be a problem.

I'm waiting for 2 MR transfers, performed on July 24 & 26, to hit my SPG account.

My Cobalt MRs made it over on the 24th, so I was happy about that. I was all panicked about getting them transferred in time that I forgot about my Amex Gold MRs - and missed the deadline by a mere couple of hours. DOH! I only have 5000 to transfer, so I didn't lose out on too many SPGs...but still...that stung a bit.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 9:10 pm

Thanks! Looks like we have a little extra time with them announcing the changes will now take effect on August 18th.

However, it would have been helpful if AMEX had let us know if they anticipate delays in the regular monthly posting of points.
It's too bad when the ability to transfer comes back, the new devaluation will apply.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 11:20 pm

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
Hmm, there seems to be a small window of opportunity between August 9th and August 18th?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by teriyaki
Hmm, there seems to be a small window of opportunity between August 9th and August 18th?
Nope. Sorry.
There's new language on the Amex website, if you login to check your points:

New Transfer rate: After August 18th, the transfer rate from Membership Rewards to Starwood Preferred Guest will be 1000 MR points = 1200 points in the new SPG program. Membership Rewards points transfers to SPG will be unavailable from July 27 to August 21, 2018.Learn more.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:06 am

My points have posted promptly so I do not think there is a general hold up...IMHO
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:36 am

Mine usually post the same day and nothing yet as well. Additionally, waiting for transferred points from Mr primetime's account which are now overdue to be in the account (over 5 business days already). Hopefully points will show up soon.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by prmetime
Mine usually post the same day and nothing yet as well. Additionally, waiting for transferred points from Mr primetime's account which are now overdue to be in the account (over 5 business days already). Hopefully points will show up soon.
I also had the same issue as you; household member transfer being delayed. I waited 10 business days until I called in to inquire about it. The SPG agent basically said all he could do was resubmit the request. Basically, he was saying I know you've waited 2 weeks but I'm going to put you at the back of the queue again. I couldn't understand how this made any sense so I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor explained that they had a big back log but that she would put the transfer through right now. If you've only waited 5 business days, it could be just down to the volume of requests. However, it's also possible something is wrong and the request will never be processed without intervention.
prmetime likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:38 pm

I have requested transfers from Cobalt (MR Select), from my Business Platinum (MR) and my Business Gold (MR First).
I wonder if the system is having problems with paying from multiple accounts.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:13 pm

I also had the same issue as you; household member transfer being delayed. I waited 10 business days until I called in to inquire about it. The SPG agent basically said all he could do was resubmit the request. Basically, he was saying I know you've waited 2 weeks but I'm going to put you at the back of the queue again. I couldn't understand how this made any sense so I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor explained that they had a big back log but that she would put the transfer through right now. If you've only waited 5 business days, it could be just down to the volume of requests. However, it's also possible something is wrong and the request will never be processed without intervention.
Thanks for this information - I appreciate the "heads up". I'll likely give it a couple more days (today is business day 6) and then call in as necessary.

EDIT - I just signed into my SPG account and the points are posted this afternoon. I now just have to wait for the points from my July 25 credit card statement cycle.

Last edited by prmetime; Jul 30, 2018 at 5:52 pm Reason: Updated information.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305
That could be a problem.

I got confirmation emails that:
both of my SPG point transfers from July 24 & 26, plus an Aeroplan transfer requested earlier today,
all arrived this afternoon within a few minutes of each other.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 6:10 pm

I have the same issue, points always deposited on the same date as you....its now July 31st and still waiting for them to post.
What's up Amex?

Fortunately I don't have an immediate need for them, but with the switch over I'd be more assured if they points posted sooner than later.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I just saw the "maintenance" .. sounds like BS to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.