Canadian SPG American Express

Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by eyeball1
Anyone know when our August points from this card will post? Not surprisingly, they are already delayed. Hopefully Amex will be able to figure out our new Marriott numbers from our old SPG numbers and this will happen automatically...maybe?
My August points posted tonight. Usually they post around the 11th.

Note that I have not merged accounts yet so these posted to my “new” SPG number. I will avoid merging with my Marriott account until this IT mess is cleared up.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Gold; PC Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
Anyone know when our August points from this card will post? Not surprisingly, they are already delayed. Hopefully Amex will be able to figure out our new Marriott numbers from our old SPG numbers and this will happen automatically...maybe?
My August points haven't posted yet (they usually post on the 21st of each month) -- but I was expecting a delay as well.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 7:02 am

mine posted last night. Usually post around the 17. I am, however, missing my free night certificate that I earned right at the end of July with the Amex (with the $40,000 spend). Hopefully Marriott can figure that out.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by prmetime
Anyone receive their free night certificate for renewing SPG card yet? I believe it said 8-10 weeks, but hoping it's earlier than this.
i was actually combining my accounts and saw the following in my spg account:

AX CA 1 Free Night up to 35,000 points

and my anniversary date is in August
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by sxc234

Nothing in mine yet. My anniversary date was August 21.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 9:43 pm

Thanks for the DP. My anniversary date is August 1 and Amex is having a hard time giving me a straight answer as to whether or not I will qualify (was told 3 weeks ago over the phone I would, but now having a hard time getting that in writing from Amex CSR). Will definitely cancel the card if I don't as AF just posted.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Merged SPG account (new number after Aug 18) into my Marriott account, and my Amex monthly bill came and went shortly after. Problem is, nothing from the SPG Amex has posted to the merged Marriott account! Do I need to tell Amex my Marriott number, new SPG number (pre-merging accounts), or something like that?
Old Aug 30, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by msp3
Merged SPG account (new number after Aug 18) into my Marriott account, and my Amex monthly bill came and went shortly after. Problem is, nothing from the SPG Amex has posted to the merged Marriott account! Do I need to tell Amex my Marriott number, new SPG number (pre-merging accounts), or something like that?
i haven’t combined accounts yet. My points posted to my SPG account (new number) without me having to call Amex.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:20 pm

Where did you see this listed in your SPG account? Under your profile or activity?

Did you only see it once you started the process of merging your accounts?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:23 pm

Thanks for the DP. My anniversary date is August 1 and Amex is having a hard time giving me a straight answer as to whether or not I will qualify (was told 3 weeks ago over the phone I would, but now having a hard time getting that in writing from Amex CSR). Will definitely cancel the card if I don't as AF just posted.
Update: Heard back from Amex in regards to my eligibility for the free night reward. Apparently your anniversary has to occur on or after August 4/18 in order to qualify. I cancelled the card.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:59 pm

Update: Heard back from Amex in regards to my eligibility for the free night reward. Apparently your anniversary has to occur on or after August 4/18 in order to qualify. I cancelled the card.
What a joke! If I were you, I'd want to see some documentation stating that. What's the significance of Aug. 4th over Aug. 1st anyway? They should've credited you the points equivalent as a measure of good faith, if they couldn't manually post the cert.!
Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by pokee
What a joke! If I were you, I'd want to see some documentation stating that. What's the significance of Aug. 4th over Aug. 1st anyway? They should've credited you the points equivalent as a measure of good faith, if they couldn't manually post the cert.!
Agreed. I was quite surprised that there wasn't some sort of offer. However, I cancelled knowing I can reapply in 6 months and get 50,000 points.
pokee likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 2:53 pm

What about getting a certificate and canceling the card after?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Agreed. I was quite surprised that there wasn't some sort of offer. However, I cancelled knowing I can reapply in 6 months and get 50,000 points.
For the business you mean?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by martyYOW

i haven’t combined accounts yet. My points posted to my SPG account (new number) without me having to call Amex.
My SPG monthly spend posted in my Marriott account after all. The only issue is it doesn't specifically show in the merged account's activity page. I'm assuming this must be something like missing SPG nights and it's all in there somewhere but does not show up properly yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.