Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton BWI (Baltimore) [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton BWI (Baltimore) [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Hi everyone - any updates? Thinking of staying at Sheraton BWI this weekend but still can't figure out if the Westin BWI is better when reading that thread.
Combined I've spent over 100 nights at these two properties.

The Westin is a nicer property; however in an apples to apples comparison I'd hope a Westin would always win out.

That said, I spend most of my time at the Sheraton and would definitely not pay more for a night at the Westin. Both are solid properties and I've found the folks at the Sheraton to be quite friendly and accommodating.

I'd have no problem recommending family / friends stay at the Sheraton any day of the week.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by airplanepeanuts
I actually had a reservation at this Sheraton about 7 months ago but they were so rude that I left and went to the Westin.
rude in what way????i'm thinking of staying a night here before an early morning flight out of bwi....
Old Sep 19, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA - Gold, SPG - Gold, HHonors - Gold
Is the light rail easy to get to from the Sheraton/Westin? My dad is going to a conference in downtown but wanted to stay at the airport. It looks easier from the 4pts.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 2:40 pm

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by chuckisduck
Is the light rail easy to get to from the Sheraton/Westin? My dad is going to a conference in downtown but wanted to stay at the airport. It looks easier from the 4pts.
It is closer from the four points, however the shuttle at the Sheraton / Westin will take you there without issue. Just give them notice so you don't wait in the lobby.
Old May 8, 2014, 8:24 am

Programs: spg (Plt) Hilton (gold) Marriott (silver) WN (CP & A-listerP) Delta Silver AA gold
Point Stay at BWI Sheraton

I've taken this hotel off my list to use points. The points went from a cat 2 to 4 this past Feb. It is now the same as the Westin which shares the same parking lot.

It is cheaper to use $$ as you can get a stay here for $120 or less on most days. But I'm going to stay at other hotels if I need a night at BWI.

They should't have gone to cat 4. Cat 3 I would have understood. Even the inner habor is only a cat 4 and most night are @ 235 or higher. Maybe this hotel is trying to stop point usage. It will be interesting to see how they do on the next year analysis.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Avis, United
Originally Posted by goghd
... They should't have gone to cat 4. Cat 3 I would have understood. ...
Starwood must have heard your voice. I see it will be down to Cat 3 effective 3/10.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:01 am

Programs: DL Pl (2 m miler) AA, UA, Marriott Pl Life, Hilton Diamond Life, SPG Gold Life, IHG Spire Ambassador
Lounge breakfast downgrade BWI Sheraton

This morning BWI Sheraton has downgraded lounge breakfasts from hot full to cold continental
Old Mar 21, 2016, 6:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by BWItravelerman
This morning BWI Sheraton has downgraded lounge breakfasts from hot full to cold continental
Be careful what you wish for...

There are no free lunches (or breakfasts). You want to pay fewer points? Done, just don't expect everything else to stay the same.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Staying here now... Thought, I'm paying my own way and the price difference between Westin and Sheraton was considerable (almost double) and the Harbor was sold out.

Probably should have stayed at the Westin.
Incredibly rude and chaotic shuttle experience. No assigned times, call, and hope and pray. Allegedly the driver circled three times for me (not true), and when I checked in, the receptionist fielded 2 calls just during my check in with others questioning where their shuttle was.

On the plus side, they let me check in very early (think ahead of 9 AM), even invited me to have breakfast in the restaurant since the lounge had just closed up. (I had eaten on my flight)

Room is terrible. Probably worst Sheraton I have stayed in in terms of condition. I am on the 6th floor. Bathroom dated, carpet stained, no built in closet very small boudoir, limited power ports, poor lighting. They clearly recognize this is a problem as there are boards up of remodels of the rooms coming up.

Pool has extremely limited hours (6-10 and then 5-9 or so... closed during the day). I went to use the pool at 6:30. The pool was locked because no one had bothered to unlock it. When I went to the front desk, no apology and the associate thanked me because it gave her a chance to leave the front desk and use the bathroom.

Hot Tub was dirty, inadequate number of towels and only the small towels. The jets were functioning in a way that made it seem as though bullets were sounding.

Restaurant was okay. Food was good. Service was dismal, but in large part due to being incredibly short staffed.

Lobby looks very nice.

I'd stay at the Westin next time.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
At the property now for a one night stay.
They have remodeled all of the rooms except those on the Club Level (where my room is) and it is a good thing they are getting to this soon because my room is depressing. Old worn case goods and soft goods An ENORMOUS desk with no power ports. There is a microwave but no refrigerator (?) and my room smells like a convalescent hospital.
The lounge has been redone. I only checked out the evening offerings (early morning flight) but they were very meh.
Fortunately the shuttle driver was very happy to drive me to G&M for some delicious crab cakes (best I have ever eaten!) so I was happy that the food in the lounge was not appealing to me.
Staff has been generally friendly and helpful. Ride to the airport takes a good 15 minutes at least so plan accordingly.

So if you are staying here in the near future ask for a room on floor 1-5 I would stay again if the price was right.

Last edited by bigguyinpasadena; Jun 13, 2017 at 3:55 pm
Old Oct 16, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Any recent reviews? Have the Club floor guest rooms been remodeled yet? Anyone know hours of evening or breakfast service in the lounge? Is wifi quality strong? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Club floor guest rooms look like they're from the '70s or '80s - dark brown and yellow, and very worn. Club lounge looks much better. WiFi was fine 6-8Mbps, IIRC.

Web site says breakfast 6-9a, hors d’oeuvres: 5:30pm - 7:30pm M-Th. Lounge is "open" 24x7, but there was nothing available at 9 last night other than a fridge full of sodas and a few apples.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 7/23 - 7/24

Location: The hotel is located in a somewhat odd location. While it's right between the I-195 and MD-295 (Baltimore Washington Parkway) intersection there are no exits near it so Waze takes you down some really small side streets which flood easily in the rain (as I learned the hard way in my rental car). Nearby is the Westin and ES BWI and a few blocks away are a CVS and some chain restaurants.

Hotel: The hotel is a newer construction Sheraton (not one of the awful concrete 1970s locations I'm so familiar with) surrounded by a large parking lot. Most parking is in the back of the hotel which is down a small hill. The lobby has a bar and restaurant with a pretty decent liquor selection with a small business center next to it. There is a Club Lounge on the 6th (highest) floor.

Check In: Handled pleasantly and points were confirmed as my welcome amenity. The agent upgraded my dad and I to a club level room which as a mere SPG Gold is a major coup.

Room: Surprisingly nice. I don't usually expect much from Sheratons but this was great. Large bathroom with modern shower, comfortable beds, outlets next to the bed, work space, good wifi. There was also a lot of space for a two twin room.

Lounge: The lounge is open every day for breakfast and in the evening for appetizers. When I arrived at 10 PM they had cookies and a trail mix of peanuts, M&Ms and dried apricots out as well as soda and water and coffee. For breakfast they had scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, pastries, yogurt and fruit.

My rate was $125 and I'd gladly be back as this was a really good hotel for the airport.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by CMK10
Stay Report - 7/23 - 7/24

Location: The hotel is located in a somewhat odd location. While it's right between the I-195 and MD-295 (Baltimore Washington Parkway) intersection there are no exits near it so Waze takes you down some really small side streets which flood easily in the rain (as I learned the hard way in my rental car).
Did your rental car get flooded?

David
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:20 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 10/9 to 10/10

Hotel: Some issues. The lounge is closed and will remain closed until 2022. Drinks at the bar are fairly limited as their beer tap system is broken. They are serving a dinner menu and you can get takeout. The shuttle runs on the :15 and :45 back to the airport which is a bit odd. Breakfast starts at 7 AM weekdays.

Check In: My SNA was denied and they were unable to upgrade me at check in. Staff in general were not very friendly, they also forgot to put me down for the shuttle so I had to take a $15 Lyft as the shuttle I requested a ride on was full.

Room: About the same as it was three years ago. Large room with desk and kitchen area, comfortable bed with outlets next to it, InterneTV as a bonus, large bathroom. No soap in the room but that was likely an oversight.

Overall a meh stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.