Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 11:32 am
mab

Programs: UA GS 2Million, Marriott PP & LTPP, Amtrak Select Exec
Originally Posted by ksweeney
I have a question similar to the lifetime status question. In the past, I've noticed that at the beginning of each year I start out with some nights already accrued towards Platinum for the next year. I'm never certain how that is calculated since it does not seem to be the nights stayed in the previous year minus 75. It seems like there is a number around 100 that serves as the starting point for rollover. I've been searching the Marriott web site and can't find any reference to this. Does anyone know if this is still part of the program and if so, how it is calculated?
Your profile says you're Plat Premier. My understanding is that for PP, the rollover threshold is 100, or has been in recent years.
Old May 31, 2016, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by ksweeney
I have a question similar to the lifetime status question. In the past, I've noticed that at the beginning of each year I start out with some nights already accrued towards Platinum for the next year. I'm never certain how that is calculated since it does not seem to be the nights stayed in the previous year minus 75. It seems like there is a number around 100 that serves as the starting point for rollover. I've been searching the Marriott web site and can't find any reference to this. Does anyone know if this is still part of the program and if so, how it is calculated?
Yes, previous rollover nights do not count after the year posted. So take your earned nights (stays, Birthday, CC, etc nights) and subtract your status threshold (75 for Plat) and that should give you your rollover nights for the next year.
Old May 31, 2016, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by mab
Your profile says you're Plat Premier. My understanding is that for PP, the rollover threshold is 100, or has been in recent years.
No. PP is a granted status (top 3% MR members) and is not earned by nights. The rollover threshold is 75 for all Plats. MR has tried in the past to assign a value to PP, but usually (at least IME) tried to apply it after year-end to deny status uplifts. Pushing back with logic always got mine corrected.
Old May 31, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mab
I don't think that's correct. I'm Platinum Premier and rollover at 75.
Old May 31, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by bigshooter
I believe earlier in the thread someoen actually dropped to LT Gold from Plat when they transferred enough points out to go under 2 million.
Yup, that was me.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, HHonors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Club Gold
Using points....will we get upgraded?

As a Lifetime Platinum Elite I booked the JW in Rio on points. Only standard rooms are available on points...will they upgrade due to my status?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:37 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gdavis
As a Lifetime Platinum Elite I booked the JW in Rio on points. Only standard rooms are available on points...will they upgrade due to my status?
Assuming there are upgrades available when you check-in, yes, you would get upgraded.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Originally Posted by gdavis
I've stayed there a lot over the years. The upgrade for the most part is an ocean-view room. That hotel doesn't have much in the way of suites, and the few they have they tend to sell out fairly regularly. There aren't a lot of high-end hotels in Rio, and the Marriott is one of them.

The standard room is an atrium view.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Crossing 2,000,000 pts with tonight's stay. Once the points post, I will officially be LT PT.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 6:01 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Crossing 2,000,000 pts with tonight's stay. Once the points post, I will officially be LT PT.
Congrats, and welcome to the club.

-mvitale
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, AA Gold
Where to find Marriott Lifetime Status Progress?

I usually see it in "My Account" and have been working to get my points up to match my nights, to get lifetime status (I have almost enough nights for Gold Lifetime but not enough points for even silver lifetime)... have been trying hard, but now I can't find where my progress is listed... have looked on mobile app and on desktop site... did it move? does anyone know where to find it? thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
IT struck again? When I go to Account Overview, click on "Nights". It shows my Lifetime Points as 0.

Last edited by Tanic; Jun 23, 2016 at 9:03 am Reason: sp
Old Jun 23, 2016, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by Tanic
IT struck again? When I go to Account Overview, click on "Nights". It shows my Lifetime Points as 0.
Mine shows 0 as well. I'm very close to lifetime gold.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 2:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by tbrein
Mine shows 0 as well. I'm very close to lifetime gold.
Looks like there's a temporary glitch as mine show as 0 also.

My lifetime points are close to Silver, my lifetime nights are close to Gold.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Zero for me too. Hopefully it'll fix itself, and fortunately I've been tracking it. There must be a pattern because I'm having a similar problem with my Delta account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.