Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Promo - $40 off $200 at Renaissance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)

Amex deals
Renaissance Hotels
Spend $200 or more, get $40 back

I dont think you would be able to buy a gift card though (if they sell them)
The previous Marriott deals i bought a gift card and the credit was applied. This deal it says it excludes gift cards.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bdschobel
Hmmm...I didn't get that one. Too bad, because I'll be staying at a Renaissance Hotel in about a week. Maybe it will show up in a day or two.

Bruce
Try #AmexRenaissance
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by jm1991
Amex deals
Renaissance Hotels

The previous Marriott deals i bought a gift card and the credit was applied. This deal it says it excludes gift cards.
Originally Posted by nonamelive
Try #AmexRenaissance
Can either of you explain this? I assumed the Amex deal was the section on the Amex card web page labeled "Amex Offers & Benefits" but I don't see this offer there. The next post looks like something on Twitter- please enlighten.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 3:52 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by jm1991
Amex deals
Renaissance Hotels

Many Amex Offers state that GCs are excluded but it doesn't work that way in practice. I'm continually redeeming Amex Offers for credits on GCs that the T&Cs have supposedly excluded. The only way to see if it works for a particular offer is to check if it has worked for others or be the guinea pig. Will you be our guinea pig?

Originally Posted by orca15
Can either of you explain this? I assumed the Amex deal was the section on the Amex card web page labeled "Amex Offers & Benefits" but I don't see this offer there. The next post looks like something on Twitter- please enlighten.
Originally Posted by bdschobel
This is beyond my technological abilities, unfortunately. I suppose I could pay someone $20 to hook me up, and then we'd each make $20! Probably not worth the trouble.
Super easy, takes one minute:

1) Go here.
2) Sync your Twitter account to the desired Amex card.
3) Tweet the hashtag #AmexRenaissance
4) Amex will tweet you back to confirm sync. Make a $200+ charge from a Reniassance property and if the charge qualifies, a $40 credit will appear in a few days.

That's it!

Advanced:

> The twitter account need not be yours, nor a "real" one... any Twitter account you have login/password access to will work.
> You may use someone else's (spouse, friend, etc.) Amex card, but remember that the synced card will be the one that gets the credit.
> You may only get one credit per card, however, you can sync multiple cards to the same Twitter account (must sync, tweet, unsync, and repeat). So if you have many cards, you may use this offer many times (once per card).
> If your bill is over $400, pay it in $200 increments per Amex card you've added the offer to. This way, a $600 charge could yield $120 (3 x $40) in credits, for example.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond

Obviously you have to have an Amex card (and yes, this is a targeted offer so even if you have an Amex card you may not receive the promo)

Next time you log in to your Amex account check out the promo’s at the bottom of the page and see if the promo is there for you. It started on September 30th and runs until November 30th.

This is only good at Renaissance hotels so don’t ask about the other brands.

=========================================

Get a one-time $40 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $200 or more on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with Renaissance Hotels from 9/30/15 to 11/30/2015.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
While I don't have Amex thanks for the heads up, so that those who do can check their promo page.

Cheers.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Thanks for the heads up. My wife received it on her Blue Amex but I didnt receive it on my Hilton Amex (guess the latter one is not a surprise )
Old Oct 2, 2015, 9:22 am

Thank you for the notice! I had checked my offers before the 30th and wasn't going to check for awhile, so I may have missed this one.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 9:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
My two Amexes are HH and SPG. Doubt either of those are going to nudge me along to a Renaissance...
Old Oct 2, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
I wonder if a $200 gift card purchased at a REN would qualify like the Amex/Marriott promo $50 promo last year?
Old Oct 3, 2015, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by joshua362
I wonder if a $200 gift card purchased at a REN would qualify like the Amex/Marriott promo $50 promo last year?
Why wonder?
Enrollment limited. Reservations must be made online at renaissance-hotels.marriott.com, via the Marriott mobile app, or by phone. Offer valid only at Renaissance Hotels brand properties in the US and US territories. Excludes gift card purchases.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Why wonder?
because it worked last year with similar language.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
thanks to the OP. Locked in the promo on 2 of our cards.
Too mad I have 8 nights @ Marriotts till EOY but zero as Renaissance. Might have to change that or take a gamble with gift cards.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
I'm in. Missed seeing the offer so THX ^^. Just checked into the Ren Heathrow for 2 nights and this $40 is a plus!
Old Oct 3, 2015, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
because it worked last year with similar language.
If you're referring to last year's $50 off $200 Marriott promotion, there was no express gift card exclusion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.