Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Introducing: Mobile Check-In Exclusively at Marriott Hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing: Mobile Check-In Exclusively at Marriott Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2010, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Any status I once had is gone!
Marriott doesn't have online check in?

Sorry for the newbie like post, but I haven't stayed at a Marriott property in years after a string of problems that Marriott chose not to respond to.

Next week I am booked at a Marriott and tried to check in online but can find no link to do so on the webpage. How can they not have this functionality?

Checking in online with Hilton saves me tons of time and lets me get my keycard and head up to the room, but is this not an option with Marriott?

If not it would definitely not make me want to reinstate my relationship with them.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 9:00 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP
I have never seen an online check-in option for Marriott. If you are Elite the process is normally pretty quick at the desk, maybe not enough people complain about that to offer an online version.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by bkmn
Checking in online with Hilton saves me tons of time and lets me get my keycard and head up to the room,
Saves you tons of time where? Checking in at a Marriott, at least as an elite with a reservation, IS just a matter of getting your keycard and heading up to the room. And on those occasions when there's a line, well, I admit I haven't stayed in a Hilton since 1995. Does having checked in online allow you to jump the queue and grab your key ahead of the less prepared???
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:37 am

Post Anyone have experience with the Marriott Guest Services App?

My wife is going to be staying at the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina. Her reservation confirmation email including a link to a new (to us) Guest Services app which is different from the Marriott app itself. In fact the Guest Services app currently works for only 10 locations:
1. Marriott Redmond
2. Marriott Denver West
3. Marriott BWI Airport
4. Marriott Cincinnati Airport
5. Marriott Charleston
6. Marriott Harbor Beach
7. Marriott Metro Center Washington DC
8. Marriott Baltimore Waterfront
9. Marriott San Diego Marquis
10. Marriott Boston Copley Place

The email confirmation also mentions that she will get 1000 reward points for using the app to check in, check out, and for using the survey.

Anyone have experiences with this app? Couldn't find it any references to it thru the Search function.....
Old Mar 25, 2013, 6:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Nope, but if she uses it let us know how it works!

Cheers.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I downloaded it on my iPhone and tried using it but didn't work with any of the reservations I have (none at any of the properties mentioned above). It wanted to check it out but it won't let you go anywhere without an accessible reservation.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by sammyindc
I downloaded it on my iPhone and tried using it but didn't work with any of the reservations I have (none at any of the properties mentioned above). It wanted to check it out but it won't let you go anywhere without an accessible reservation.
Apparently for this app to work (with one of the 10 mentioned properties) you have to turn on the push notification feature. Then within 24 hours before your stay you will get a push notification to start the check in process thru the app.
Old May 4, 2013, 10:20 am

Be among the first to test our new App, Guest Services

I am sure this has been reported before, but I could not find a thread... Please merge as necessary.

I received an offer for a 1,000 point bonus for checking in using the app...

Guest Services
By Marriott International
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.

Description
We're on a mission to shape the future of travel and we need your help. To make your Marriott experience even more convenient we've created a complimentary app for Marriott Rewards members that allows you to:

- Mobile Check-in up to two hours before you arrive
- Receive automatic notifications when your room is ready
- Mobile Check-out using your smartphone
- Share your feedback

PUSH NOTIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO ENJOY THE GUEST SERVICES APP EXPERIENCE.

Be among the first to test out the experience, let us know what you think and help shape the future of travel at our hotels.

This app is only available for use with stays at the following properties:
Marriott Redmond
Marriott Denver West
Marriott BWI Airport
Marriott Cincinnati Airport
Marriott Charleston
Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa
Marriott Metro Center Washington DC
Marriott Baltimore Waterfront
Marriott San Diego Marquis
Marriott Boston Copley Place

The reviews are coming in! (iTunes Reviews):

Customer Reviews
Great idea, poor execution

by Michael Elliott
So I thought, great, I can just check out on my iPhone instead of calling and leaving a message or dropping but the front desk. But then I discover the app requires your confirmation number to sign in, doesn't connect to my other Marriott app (which is the only place where I can get the conf#, and requires you to sign in the morning of check out (at which time the other Marriott app has stopped showing the reservation and conf #!)

Totally useless for check out.

Waste of time

by Karnie123
It could not even find my reservation by confirmation number. There is no other way to search for a reservation. It should recognize it by member number. This app will be deleted. Good theory. Pathetic application.

Needs work

by toniscarpa
It is a good idea but it need work and rethinking. It needs a reservation number, so I had to go on the Marriott website to get it. Even then it declared the number was invalid.
My suggestion is to have linked to the the website log in and password and to have an iPad version
Old May 4, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Qantas Platinum 1, IHG Diamond, United 1K, Avis President
Oh man, I didn't get this offer. Is it possible to download the app and still get the 1k points? I want 1k points for checking in :/
Old May 4, 2013, 5:13 pm

I posted this thread back in March where it has stayed buried because it's use is limited to a small number of hotels:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...vices-app.html

My wife used it for her San Diego Marriott Marquis stay and got the 1000 points.
Old May 4, 2013, 6:08 pm

merge...
Old Jun 8, 2013, 8:36 am

Programs: Avis First, Hertz Gold, Marriott Platinum, US Airways Platinum, AA Platinum, UA Silver, Hilton Diamo
Received this today via e-mail.

DEAR XXX,
We're on a mission to shape the future of travel and we need your help. You're invited to be among the first to test our new app, Guest Services. Check in with our app and earn 1,000 Marriott Reward points when you complete our survey.
With it you'll be able to: +Mobile check in and out from anywhere +Express check in and out from anywhere using your smartphone +Receive automatic notifications when your room is ready +Share your feedback
So be a part of the future of travel: download it, try it, and above all, help us improve it. Find the app on iTunes. It's free to download and easy to use.
We're looking forward to creating a better travel experience together.
I downloaded it. It asks for your last name and conf#. I put the information in for a reservation Monday and it says it can't find my reservation.

Seems like a useless app.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 11:55 pm

Programs: Thai silver(expired), Eva Gold(expired), SPG Gold (expired), MR gold, AA Exp 1MM, UA platinum.
Originally Posted by xtremeski2001
Received this today via e-mail.

I downloaded it. It asks for your last name and conf#. I put the information in for a reservation Monday and it says it can't find my reservation.

Seems like a useless app.
Who cares? The point is 1000 reward points
Old Jun 10, 2013, 4:23 am

Programs: Avis First, Hertz Gold, Marriott Platinum, US Airways Platinum, AA Platinum, UA Silver, Hilton Diamo
Originally Posted by Bacai
Who cares? The point is 1000 reward points
..... can't get the points unless you use it to check-in.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Unhappy Marriott iPhone App 3.0

Couldn't see this posted, please merge if I missed another thread

Just downloaded version 3.0 of the iPhone app...

Mobile check in up to two hours prior to arrival

Notification when your room is ready

Use mobile "check in desks"

(Limited number of hotels participating at this time...)

Looks like an "enhancement" me....

So much for "is there an upgrade available"

Ah technology, don't you just love it

https://itun.es/gb/6iThB.i

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.