Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rxgeek
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

Can someone who knows list the names of the hotels here in this long thread? Here are the names, addresses, email contact, commonly used abbreviations and some basic info about each hotel. (Location information, CL and breakfast information, UG experiences reported within the thread, typical room layout and frequently mentioned basic advice for different properties.) Keep in mind most posts indicate these are all great hotels. Hope this helps. CJK
  • JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok (JW) 4 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 2, Bangkok 10110, Thailand between the Phloen Chit and Nana BTS Stations. There is a pretty large CL. Elites mostly report having complimentary breakfast offered only at the CL and not in a restaurant. Some are bothered by the hotel's proximity to the Nana district and think the hotel may get some associated business while others (myself) have not really noticed this unless looking hard to see it. The hotel was recently renovated and there are a few posts showing pictures. UGs are usually to the club level regular room where the bathrooms are interior (no outside glass wall) and feature rather small showers but great soaking tubs. Unlike the other hotels listed here, the toilets are not in enclosures.
  • Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel (Ren) 518/8 Ploenchit Road Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Bangkok almost attached to the Chit Lom BTS Station and the SkyWalk. One can reach the platform without having to walk on public sidewalks and by using escalators/elevators in the building next door, so most feel this is the property with the fastest and easiest access to BTS. The CL is smaller than the JW's and sometimes gets full. Some elites report having a choice of the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant (which is quite good and huge) while others report having that request denied. Latest reports indicate the restaurant breakfast is offered as of April 2018. The hotel does not have many suites so UGs are usually to corner rooms which often have seating and/or dressing areas as well as larger bathrooms with full glass walls. IMO this is the best/most convenient hotel for a first timer looking to do typical touristy things in Bangkok.
  • Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok (CY) 155/1 Soi Mahadlekluang 1 Ratchadamri Road Bangkok is about a five minute walk to either the Ratchadamri or Chit Lom BTS Stations. The hotel operates tuk-tuks to/from the BTS Station. The hotel has a CL and consistently offers elites a choice of breakfast there or in the restaurant. The CL is on the top floor of the hotel and has outdoor seating. Having stayed at the hotel several times as a P, PP and LTP I have never been given an UG, so if there are others who can chime in on that please do. The regular room has a small interior only bathroom with a window overlooking the room and no tub, only a walk-in shower. IMO the price can makes this a great choice, as it is convenient to many places a visitor will go. Sometimes it can be half the price of other Marriott options and they often run double points promotions. (Call the hotel to ask, it cannot hurt.)
  • Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park (Sukhumvit Soi 22) 199 ถนน สุขุมวิท ซอย 22 Khwaeng Khlong Tan, Khet Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand is about an eight minute walk to the Emporium Mall and Phrom Phong BTS Station either down the Soi sidewalk or through Queen's Park. The hotel operates a regular shuttle to the BTS Station although some have reported trouble catching it back to the hotel. The CL is large, with an outdoor deck, and most people report not being given a choice for the complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Most Plats report getting UG to a suite, with the M Suite seeming to be most common. It has a living room, bedroom and single large interior bathroom with separate walk-in showers and tubs. This is the largest hotel in Bangkok.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit (Sukhumvit Soi 57) 2 ถนน สุขุมวิท 57 Phra Khanong, Khlong Toei, กรุงเทพมหานคร 10110, Thailand ([email protected]) is a two minute walk to the Thong Lo BTS Station. Getting to the station involves crossing Thong Lo intersection which can be daunting. The hotel is about a ten minute BTS ride to the central malls, the Ren, etc. The area is a little quieter and more "Thai" than the more touristy/business area where the JW, Ren and CY are located. Some people report being able to have complimentary breakfast in the restaurant while others report lounge only. The CL is about the same size as the Ren's and can get crowded in the early evening. The hotel is on the higher floors of a 40+ story building and the CL is located on one of the top floors, offering stunning views of Bangkok. There is a rooftop bar on the top of the building with great views, too. Elites are often given a coupon for a free drink on the roof. Plats report mostly getting UGs to a two room suite with an extra half bath. The main bath includes an enclosed toilet, a single large walk-in shower and a large soaking tub that can easily seat two. (While the tub is large, the JW, Marquis and Ren tubs are more comfortable for a single person looking to lean back and relax.) IMO this is the quietest of the hotels listed here.
  • Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 262 Thanon Surawong, Khwaeng Si Phraya, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand is the newest hotel. As of April 2018 there are not many posts from users who have stayed, nor is there an abbreviation being commonly used on this forum. The hotel is not attached/close to a BTS or MRT station but is near the Silom business area and some more popular adult entertainment establishments.
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The St. Regis Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park 25,000 Category 4
JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
Le Méridien Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Bangkok Marriott Hotel Sukhumvit 25,000 Category 4
Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel 25,000 Category 4
The Athenee Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok 35,000 Category 5
The Westin Grande Sukhumvit,25,000 Category 4
W Bangkok 25,000 Category 4
Le Méridien Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok Golf Resort & Spa 17,500 Category 3
Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11 17,500 Category 3
Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok 12,500 Category 2
Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 1512,500 Category 2
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Bangkok, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kar don
First time to bangkok and I am an MR Plat/SPG Plat and staying for 5 nights (corp rate if staying at marriott) but personal travel. Also could use AMEX FHR.

Choosing between:
1) Marriott Suk 57
2) Marriott Marquis
3) St Regis Bangkok
4) The Meredien bangkok

For the Marriotts can I have breakfast in lounge or restaurant? Also which one has the best UG and rooms for tall people?

We plan on doing a lot during our stay and would like to enjoy the free lounge amenties and free drinks

Love to hear thoughts especially Kalboz
As someone who also booked for the first time recently, reading through the last 15 pages were incredibly informative with lots of pics thanks to FT contributors. Should make it quite clear that the safe choice for a first time visit is easily Suk57 or Marquis.

However, which one you choose ultimately comes down to preference. Marquis is slightly more expensive and still has some parts under construction for another couple of months. And yes, you will get complimentary lounge access and breakfast at the Marriotts. As I recall, plats should get should get suite upgrades at both.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Explorer789
As someone who also booked for the first time recently, reading through the last 15 pages were incredibly informative with lots of pics thanks to FT contributors. Should make it quite clear that the safe choice for a first time visit is easily Suk57 or Marquis.

However, which one you choose ultimately comes down to preference. Marquis is slightly more expensive and still has some parts under construction for another couple of months. And yes, you will get complimentary lounge access and breakfast at the Marriotts. As I recall, plats should get should get suite upgrades at both.
Yes, you should get suite upgrades at both. I'm 100% in a dozen visits to the Soi 57 property and one visit to the Marquis. I like the Suk 57 property's suite a little better, although both are quite good. The Suk 57 suite has a closet when you walk in the room as well as a large clothes closet in the bedroom, a half bath in the living room and, IMO, more stunning views. The Suk 57 suite's bathroom also has an amazing soaking tub up against a large window with an incredible view. The Marquis has a soaking tub, but it's in the interior of the room.

It is also a very short walk to the BTS from the Suk 57 hotel. The Marquis is closer to the middle of Bangkok, at Soi 22, but is much farther from the BTS, especially given the shortcut through the park is currently not accessible.

Both hotels have great service and very good CLs, but the Marquis has the better CL. It may be the best CL in any Marriott property anywhere in the world. Period. Including higher-end Marriott brands. The outdoor CL space is very nice with great views. And while both have excellent service, the Marquis just blew me away with its above and beyond service.

Marquis wins on pool. It's a draw on workout areas. There are several excellent small very inexpensive take-out places and a few street vendors just outside the Soi 57 property, although not as many street vendors as there used to be. The area between the hotel and the BTS station has been cleaned up in the past year, which has some good and some bad results.

Bottom line: These are two excellent, excellent choices. The StR is usually much more expensive and, IMO, not worth it given these two excellent choices. I'm not sure which LM you're referencing. I have not stayed at the one on the river, but recently stayed at the Silom area property and found it to be a big step down from the two Marriotts. There is no CL and the two hour reception in lieu of a CL is chintzy compared to the CLs at the two FS properties. The suite was nice but not as nice. For a first time visitor, I'd probably do the smaller Suk 57, but in doing so you are missing out on the world class service and CL at the Marquis. It's just a little easier to get around if you are closer to the BTS.

As for what's best or tall people, I'm not an expert, but both hotels have very high showers (maybe nine or ten feet up), big soaking tubs, large beds and ample room in the water closet, so it's likely a draw there.

Last edited by CJKatl; Mar 27, 2017 at 6:03 pm
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Yes, you should get suite upgrades at both. I'm 100% in a dozen visits to the Soi 57 property and one visit to the Marquis. I like the Suk 57 property's suite a little better, although both are quite good. The Suk 57 suite has a closet when you walk in the room as well as a large clothes closet in the bedroom, a half bath in the living room and, IMO, more stunning views. The Suk 57 suite's bathroom also has an amazing soaking tub up against a large window with an incredible view. The Marquis has a soaking tub, but it's in the interior of the room.

It is also a very short walk to the BTS from the Suk 57 hotel. The Marquis is closer to the middle of Bangkok, at Soi 22, but is much farther from the BTS, especially given the shortcut through the park is currently not accessible.

Both hotels have great service and very good CLs, but the Marquis has the better CL. It may be the best CL in any Marriott property anywhere in the world. Period. Including higher-end Marriott brands. The outdoor CL space is very nice with great views. And while both have excellent service, the Marquis just blew me away with its above and beyond service.

Marquis wins on pool. It's a draw on workout areas. There are several excellent small very inexpensive take-out places and a few street vendors just outside the Soi 57 property, although not as many street vendors as there used to be. The area between the hotel and the BTS station has been cleaned up in the past year, which has some good and some bad results.

Bottom line: These are two excellent, excellent choices. The StR is usually much more expensive and, IMO, not worth it given these two excellent choices. I'm not sure which LM you're referencing. I have not stayed at the one on the river, but recently stayed at the Silom area property and found it to be a big step down from the two Marriotts. There is no CL and the two hour reception in lieu of a CL is chintzy compared to the CLs at the two FS properties. The suite was nice but not as nice. For a first time visitor, I'd probably do the smaller Suk 57, but in doing so you are missing out on the world class service and CL at the Marquis. It's just a little easier to get around if you are closer to the BTS.

As for what's best or tall people, I'm not an expert, but both hotels have very high showers (maybe nine or ten feet up), big soaking tubs, large beds and ample room in the water closet, so it's likely a draw there.

Wow! Thank you so much. This is incredibly helpful. Suk57 allows elites to choose lounge breakfast or restaurant breakfast, does marquis allow the same?
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:35 pm

Wow! Thank you so much. This is incredibly helpful. Suk57 allows elites to choose lounge breakfast or restaurant breakfast, does marquis allow the same?
I did not ask, but the CL breakfast is very, very good. The Suk 57 CL breakfast is also good. The restaurant is not as good as the Ren breakfast, but it does offer more than the CL.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:16 pm

I did not ask, but the CL breakfast is very, very good. The Suk 57 CL breakfast is also good. The restaurant is not as good as the Ren breakfast, but it does offer more than the CL.
i think you have twisted my arm to stay at the marquis. Can't find any good photos of the spread at the CL, i saw some on trip advisor but not sure if that is the restaurant buffet or the CL?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
After one full day here, it may have become my favorite Marriott property. Not just in Bangkok, but in the entire family of hotels.

The CL is absolutely the best. It's huge, but set up in a way that you don't realize how big it is because there are smaller, intimate spaces. The staff is just incredible. I mentioned that I like the Schweppes Lime Soda that's only available in Thailand and asked if they had any. The Soi 57 FS and CY used to have it, but not on my last visit, and I cannot find it in 7 Eleven or Family Mart on this visit. They didn't have it in the hotel, either, although they checked with the restaurant, etc. This evening they asked if I wanted anything to drink. I asked for water. They brought out the lime soda, having found some during the day.

At the time I was sitting outside on the CL's balcony, which has great views.

The downstairs Concierge went above and beyond when I asked some travel information. I used the tuk-tuk to the train yesterday and it worked flawlessly. I've asked for ice deliveries to the room and they've been quick. I had an issue with the TV yesterday and the maintenance guy was here in seconds. (If you move the TV the plug in the back falls out. Just needed to be plugged back in. Now I know.)
Thanks for the info. Having stayed many times at the Suk 57 property, my first stay at the Marquis is coming up next week and with all the positive reviews, I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm pleased that the CL at the Marquis is large as I fnd the CL at Suk 57 can get very crowded.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:56 am
dfe
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K/MM; *A Gold Life; CX Gold; Marriott Platinum LT; SPG Plat; HHonors Diamond
BKK Marquis Update

A few items of interest--

1. The hotel now operates round trip tuk-tuk service to Phrom Phong BTS every 30 minutes.

2. A gate from the property to the park was opened about a week ago, which will significantly cut the time to walk to Emporium/EmQuartier shopping and Phrom Phong BTS.

3. Breakfast for elites is offered only in the M Club Lounge--full buffet in the Goji restaurant is not an option.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:18 pm

thanks dfe!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by dfe
A few items of interest--

1. The hotel now operates round trip tuk-tuk service to Phrom Phong BTS every 30 minutes.
I used the tuk-tuk several times. It takes longer than you would think to get to the station. While 30 minutes may seem frequent, with the number of people using the tuk-tuk it would be great if they changed this to every fifteen minutes, using two tuk-tuks if necessary. I missed the tuk-tuk on a return by a couple minutes, walked down Suk 22 and found it a tricky walk. The park entrance was closed at the time. Glad it's reopened.

There are so many great things about this hotel. The distance to the BTS station is the one negative, IMO. The Soi 57, Ren and JW definitely win in this one consideration, and even the CY has an easier walk to a station.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:59 pm

I used the tuk-tuk several times. It takes longer than you would think to get to the station. While 30 minutes may seem frequent, with the number of people using the tuk-tuk it would be great if they changed this to every fifteen minutes, using two tuk-tuks if necessary. I missed the tuk-tuk on a return by a couple minutes, walked down Suk 22 and found it a tricky walk. The park entrance was closed at the time. Glad it's reopened.

There are so many great things about this hotel. The distance to the BTS station is the one negative, IMO. The Soi 57, Ren and JW definitely win in this one consideration, and even the CY has an easier walk to a station.
Man I'm so torn between the Soi 57 and the Marquis!
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:39 pm

Man I'm so torn between the Soi 57 and the Marquis!
As am I for my next visit. The Marquis is awesome on so many levels. While I usually don't like huge hotels, despite its size it almost seems boutique. The service was incredible. The room was nice.

But the FS is also a great property. The CL is excellent, but the Marquis CL is the best I've ever visited. It's very large, but well designed with many smaller seating areas. The views are nice, the outside seating is nice. If a CL is your most important thing, this is your hotel.

Despite being farther out (two BTS stops) the FS is much more convenient because it is steps from the Thong Lor station. The views are nicer, because they are totally unobstructed and from a little farther away. The hotel is much smaller, but the CL is proportionally much smaller so it gets full quickly.

Bottom line: These are both excellent hotels. There is no bad choice. You win either way. For my next trip, I'm traveling with a family member who wants the view, so we are staying at Soi 57. If she were not traveling with me, I'd probably do the Marquis.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 10:39 am

JW Marriott

I was going to stay at the JW Bangkok for an upcoming trip at the end of May. I was looking for tips and what kinda upgrade as platinum I should expect at this property. As a note I booked the 7 night point and miles package here.

Last edited by ghzhammer; Apr 18, 2017 at 10:44 am
Old Apr 18, 2017, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by ghzhammer
I was going to stay at the JW Bangkok for an upcoming trip at the end of May. I was looking for tips and what kinda upgrade as platinum I should expect at this property. As a note I booked the 7 night point and miles package here.
Quick answer: You probably will not get an UG at the JW on a seven night stay.

Why the JW? If your read through the thread, you'll find consensus that the new Marquis, the Soi 57 FS and the Ren are better properties. The JW rooms are dated, the legendary CL isn't as nice as the Marquis and the walk to the BTS is either under a dirty underpass or over some choppy sidewalks.

In many stays, I've always been UGed to a regular room on the CL level when at the JW. I'm batting 100% to a two room 1.5 bath suite with a great view at the FS in probably a dozen stays, often on points. My one stay at the Marquis: UG to a two room suite. Ren: 3 UGs to a room with living area and one UG to a corner, larger room with large bathroom. The bathrooms at the Ren are the worst of the four hotels, with a very small shower, open cramped toilet and no natural light.

My pecking order:
1. (tie) Marquis and Suk 57 (Marquis nicer hotel with nicer CL, Suk 57 quick walk to BTS, very nice but not as nice CL)
2. Ren
3. CY
4. JW
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:02 pm

Well you convinced me I went with the marquis Marriott. Btw does anyone have a contact email for the hotel concierge I was hoping to arrange a car service with them on trip advisor they quoted 1500 baht . I can call but I find emailed better to not have anything mis understood.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Originally Posted by ghzhammer
Well you convinced me I went with the marquis Marriott. Btw does anyone have a contact email for the hotel concierge I was hoping to arrange a car service with them on trip advisor they quoted 1500 baht . I can call but I find emailed better to not have anything mis understood.
1500 baht from where to where?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.