Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Hamburg, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2009, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

staying at the Hamburg Marriott for the first time in 4 weeks with may family (4 persons) for 2 days (Thursday to Saturday). I used my points for a normal room.

As there's no breakfast included in our room rate i wonder if we all 4 get lounge access (with breakfast) ? I am gold member, my wife and kidz not..

thanks for your help !
marcydarcy
Old Sep 14, 2009, 2:30 pm

Hi there, if you are all staying the same room, you should all have lounge access.
Old Sep 6, 2010, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, million miler, Marriott Platinum, AA
Anyone stayed here recently? I'm choosing between the Renaissance and Marriott for a stay in November.

Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2010, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler; Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier
Nod to Marriott

I had a reservation at the Renaissance a few months ago and was unable to get an early check-in and opted to walk about 200 meters to the Marriott and was able to get a room immediately. The Renaissance is an older hotel with a small lobby. Marriott is newer, more modern. Excellent club lounge.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 12:59 pm

Programs: AC MM 50K, Marriott LTT
Stayed at the Marriott Hamburg in the spring. Arrived at 15:00 and the assigned room was not ready (after the standard checkin time and having requested early checkin). Waited in the lounge for 30 minutes for room to be made ready. Also, minor miscue was the Plat gift which was not delivered at the requested time (forgotten?) ... needed to call.

The lounge is small but very nice, liked our room with a nice view, and hotel is convenient to the underground and pedestrian walk to Rathaus.

Would stay at this property again and hope the checkin experience would be smoother.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 3:16 am

Programs: MR rewards
A+++++

location A++++
service A+++++
Upgrade: every time (at summer time) i have an upgrade (paying cash) never stay with points here .

one of the best hotel in europe i like it , the price almost the same with R so my advice stay with Marriott ..
Old Sep 8, 2010, 2:26 pm

Programs: MR Plat
I liked both properties - rooms in the Ren are recently remodelled, both are in a good location. However, as the Ren does not have a lounge, the Marriott is the better choice for Gold/Plat.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
This info was posted by djohannw in the exec lounge sticky. It's more info than I need for the sticky, so thought in addition to updating the sticky I'd post it here. Thanks to djohannw for the info re: both the Marriott & the Renaissance.

"Hamburg Marriott: Lounge open daily, breakfast up to 10:30a, evening snacks between 6pm and 7:30pm, Drinks until 9:30p.

Breakfast: Standard continental fare for Germany (including cold cuts), plus scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon. Extras can be ordered for a fee, eggs benedict run something like 11€.

Evening:Always a salad-bar, several cold appetizer and two hot options, e.g. deep fried shrims and chicken teriyaki as of tonight. At about 7pm desserts come out which are rather delicous - had the mousse au chocolate each evening, accompanied by either some panna cotta or a creme brulee.

There is one PC with printer in the lounge that even does color prints - a little on the slow side, but sufficient to print the missing pieces for my expense report.

Hamburg Renaissance: No lounge, full breakfast in restaurant including cooked to order items instead.

Note: In general both hotels are operated as one, btw: You can charge to your room at both no matter where you stay, and the pool at the Marriott is also available for Renaissance guests. Special surprise for me as Plat Premier: I was invited to get a lounge card for the Marriott whenever I stay at the Renaissance."
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I have something to add about Hamburg Marriott - We have stayed there several times and it seems that their lounge offerings are the same:

Afternoon tea - a couple of trays of frozen cakes were served (yes it was frozen when I got mine)

Evening: They have a couple of boxes of frozen sushi (once again it was a bit frozen when I got mine) when they start the cocktail section. Once that's run out then they will put out some other cold cuts. The hot dishes are fried shrimps (great when they first come out but then they got really soft), and chicken teriyaki.

The dessert are pretty nice as Dirk mentioned.

The staffs at Hamburg Marriott are the coldest I have ever met and the lounge attendant was one of the most unfriendly one I have met.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Bump. ms. jmd001 is staying there next month. Looking for recent reports ... particularly about the lounge. Thx.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Re-Bump. ms. jmd001 is staying there starting tomorrow. Looking for recent reports ... particularly about the lounge. Gold guarantees lounge access, right? Thx.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by jmd001
Re-Bump. ms. jmd001 is staying there starting tomorrow. Looking for recent reports ... particularly about the lounge. Gold guarantees lounge access, right? Thx.
If FTers don't post before ms. jmd001's stay, would you ask her to do a trip report (via you on this thread) so we have an updated report? Thx!

Cheers.
Old May 9, 2015, 2:09 am

Programs: Qatar Platinum, Etihad Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Marriott or Ren for a family of 5?

I'm a Platinum travelling on family holiday (3 children age 4,5,6) and I'm wondering of the prospects of upgrade to one big room or ease of getting two connected rooms in either of these hotels.

Also, which is better regarding parking fee & parking convenience?
Old Dec 10, 2016, 6:02 pm
CG

Originally Posted by dabbagmm
I'm a Platinum travelling on family holiday (3 children age 4,5,6) and I'm wondering of the prospects of upgrade to one big room or ease of getting two connected rooms in either of these hotels.

Any reports on how it went with connecting rooms/upgrades? Planning to stay this summer with a family of 4.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by dabbagmm

Their max. occupancy is 4. Tried this before (my kids were around your kids age) - all showed up at the front desk and they started saying that we'll need 2 rooms and then bragging about them having the same policy with Hyatt...... after 15 minutes of discussion and we said that we might as well just drive home they said they will "overlook" the fire regulation if we pay 40 EUR for an upgrade to a "larger room" which is marginally larger than the regular room.

Forget about any extras in this hotel - don't even dream about being put into the club floor (they are selling them to the general public for 80 EUR). The lounge food is so so - Mr. doesn't like it at all. I don't recall they enforce the E+1 (we stayed there a long time ago so no idea about what's like now).

For the Ren, forget about upgrade too - you are only getting breakfast for 2 and the rooms are much smaller than the Marriott - unless you pay extra to get the bigger rooms but I don't recall that they have any 2 doubles.

For Parking - both hotels charge like crazy for parking - for the Ren you can park at Europapassage for like 12 EUR for 24 hours (it's a mall and from there it takes like 15 minutes to walk there). It's further from there to the Marriott, and we normally get street parking after circling 3-4 rounds.

I have given up on these 2 hotels and started staying at the Hilton - a thousand times nicer than those 2.

If you have a car, consider the CY - they are more children friendly (because they don't give you much anyway). It's a bit easier to find street parking and you can drive into the city and park at Europapassage (I remember something about 6 EUR for 10 hours or something like that). They have some really big rooms and we often get upgraded to those. It's a Cat 3 - so you can stretch your points further.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.