Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Help on sky high prices galleria Houston area

Help on sky high prices galleria Houston area

Old Jul 25, 2009, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Question Help on sky high prices galleria Houston area

Hello,

My wife and i and are from Europe and driving for 4 weeks in the great USA.

Of course we only sleep in Marriotts, but we have a problem for the sky high rate in Houston Galleria area, 199 dollar exl taxes.

Do somebody have some tips of promocodes for our stay 29july till 30july in this hotel? (our budget is about 100-120 dollar)

We like the location of this hotel.

Platinum SPG, Platinum Marriott, Hyatt Diamond, Silver Elite KLM

Last edited by ITravelElite; Jan 20, 2014 at 12:08 pm
Old Jul 25, 2009, 9:17 am

Bypass the FS Marriott and select like the Courtyard or Townplace. They will be miuch lower and closer to your price range.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 11:09 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum, 2MM since 1981, MAR Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat Amb. Global Entry
There is also a Residence Inn right across the street from the Galleria. Usually has reasonable prices and lower parking rates. Easy walk to LOTS of shopping.

If you don't want to shop till you drop, there are several properties a little further west, which are only a few minutes drive (except during rush hour, of course)
Old Jul 25, 2009, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA-exp, 4MM, MR-plat, Hertz-PC, WN-CP
Pascal, I hate to tell you but $199 is a pretty good price for the JW in Houston during the week. I make a Houston/Austin trip a few times a month. I have started flying into Houston but taking the last flight to Austin and sleeping there, or flying into Austin, sleeping there and taking the first morning flight to Houston and flying home at the end of the day. The location of the JW is great for shopping. If you want a room at the JW I would not wait too long to book it, they often sell out and you can get a room with your status but you will pay more. Weekend rates are better in Houston but the Concierge Lounge will NOT be open Fri evening through Sun. evening. Wishing you a wonderful trip!
Old Jul 25, 2009, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Thanks for your great reactions, you were a great help. We will go for the Houston Marriott West Loop with a special deal.

Thank you,

Pascal^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.