Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

What's the current hot breakfast at Residence Inn

Old Jun 23, 2009, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO Plat, *A Gold (all peacefully retired)

I know this has been covered before, but my search was not successful.

What do they serve these days in the "hot breakfast Buffet" listed on the hotel fact sheet? This is a RI in Orlando, if that has any bearing. Are eggs and meats still on tap?
Old Jun 23, 2009, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by rbrenton88
I know this has been covered before, but my search was not successful.

What do they serve these days in the "hot breakfast Buffet" listed on the hotel fact sheet? This is a RI in Orlando, if that has any bearing. Are eggs and meats still on tap?
if my memory serves me right. oatmeal. sometimes scrambled eggs and meat. sometimes microwavable egg and meat sandwiches.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:10 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I was just at the RI in Little Rock, AR last weekend. They still had scrambled eggs plus sausage, but no bacon. They had instant oatmeal and you could make your own waffle. They had all the traditional (in the US) cold breakfast items (various breads, cold cereal, fruits, etc.)

For Spring Break a little over a month ago, we stayed at an RI near San Diego, CA. That RI had two different scrambled eggs (one had some peppers in it.) They had sausage patties and links plus bacon. You could make your own waffles and even had hot oatmeal. And also had all the normal cold breakfast items plus a better than normal selection of sliced fresh fruits.

So the moral of the story is it probably depends. I think the RI standard is to have scrambled eggs plus one "hot" meat item along with various cold breakfast choices.

Also, I haven't seen the microwavable eggs and meat sandwiches at RIs (though that doesn't mean none of them have them.) I do see those at the FFIs I have recently stayed at though.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah, it depend son the RI. The past couple I've stayed at in the northeast area had scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, make your own waffles, hot oatmeal and assorted bread/bagels.

The FIs usually seem to have the microwavable sandwiches and make your own waffels plus toast/muffins etc.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 7:53 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
My experience is that they rotate sausage and bacon. Never both.

I've never seen microwavable sandwiches at many RI stays, though it has been a few months since my last one.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
The best free breakfast offering among extended stay properties isn't to be found among Marriott brands. It's at Staybridge Suites.

Marriott has cut back quite a bit among RI, FI and SHS brands.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Hey, any egg offering is fine with me. I just can't stand just coffee and a Danish as a meal.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 11:32 am
Original Poster

To answer my own question, as mentioned above, they did have eggs, sausage, bacon (rotated with hash), waffles, etc etc, and bizarrely, even make your own tacos. My only beef was that everything was cold every day.

This hotel is also 90%+ Disney tourists, so the breakfast room can get a bit hectic.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta
Originally Posted by DenverBrian

Marriott has cut back quite a bit among RI, FI and SHS brands.
I know this is true at RI.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 6:27 am

At the Birmingham-Inverness Residence Inn, we had the scrambled eggs, sausage patties, fried bacon, home-style potatoes, make-your-own-waffles, hot oatmeal, plus the usual bagels, muffins, etc.

Drinks selection was coffee, tea (Earl Grey, Peppermint, Lemon, Vanilla Chai), Cranberry, Apple, Orange, Milk (regular or chocolate), and even a bunch of soft drinks ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.