Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard St. Petersburg Vasilievsky

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2009, 6:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...g-vasilievsky/
Old Jun 13, 2009, 8:54 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
What is the content?

What is the meaning of this posting? All I see is a link to a Marriott property. (I am interested because we are staying there in a few days, but I still don't understand the post.)
Old Jun 13, 2009, 9:05 am
Suspended
Original Poster

It is a FYI as it is a new property and I have not seen it mentioned here before.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 9:37 am
Original Member

I can post a stay report next weekend. If anyone else has already been there, I would be interested.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 12:02 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbrower
I can post a stay report next weekend. If anyone else has already been there, I would be interested.
FYI: Some comments on tripadvisor. Enjoy your stay!
Old Jan 4, 2012, 4:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

So, has anyone ever stayed here?
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:00 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
So, has anyone ever stayed here?
I did stay there for a night with my family. The room was fine although there was some odd problem with the door sill that made me trip a couple of times. (It has been over 2 years so I don't remember too many details). I found the service to be fine. My memory is that parking was just street parking at that time, but I was able to get a spot right in front.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I did stay there for a night with my family. The room was fine although there was some odd problem with the door sill that made me trip a couple of times. (It has been over 2 years so I don't remember too many details). I found the service to be fine. My memory is that parking was just street parking at that time, but I was able to get a spot right in front.
Thanks, SBrower! I was tempted by the hotel and the reviews and views on Tripadvisor, but I think ultimately, I am going to go with the Holiday Inn in St. Petersburg, that is only 15,000 points for redemption and is right next to a metro stop for easy access thru the city, not to mention no problem with a draw bridge in the middle of the night.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 4:39 am

Programs: Delta 3MM/PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
We stayed there several years ago (as a gold). I think it was four or five nights. We were given a huge suite overlooking the river and downtown on a points stay. No breakfast included.

Loved the hotel. But to be clear it fits our travel pattern. It is not right in the center of all of the tourist drama. It is a good 15-20 minute walk from the Winter Palace and the other key attractions. Chruch of Spilled Blood maybe 30 minute walk.

That said, it is in a neighborhood - and there are lots of local restaurants and places to explore. Nothing much in English - we don't speak/read any Russian and got along just fine.

Subway is a short walk away. Which you should do just once - just to do it!

Anyway, great hotel and is recommended pending you like to be out of the tourist crush at the end of the day, you like foraging for the local restaurants and you like a good walk. We do!

Joel
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks for the report, Joel. Sounds like you did very well re the upgrade. When did you go and did you have an issue with the drawbridge being up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night -- do the trains still run to the island to avoid that issue?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: Delta 3MM/PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I just went back to our pictures to look! We were there in August of 2009.

It stayed light very late at night even that time of year (got dark around 11 pm). We did not have any issues with the bridges being up as we were sound asleep by that time anyway (after all that walking!). I haven't a clue on the trains running.

If you're going to be out doing the late night party circuit then you may want a hotel more centrally located so as to avoid potential bridge drama.

I'd suggest taking a good look at a map for where things are at the you want to see vis a vis the hotel.

Really interesting place to hang out for a few days. And do make sure to wear a good money belt (the kind that goes under your clothes) if you're hitting the tourist areas in the day time. More than a couple of pick pocket attempts. But I assume you know all that stuff anyway...

Have a blast!!

Joel
Old Jan 5, 2012, 12:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JoelA
I just went back to our pictures to look! We were there in August of 2009.

It stayed light very late at night even that time of year (got dark around 11 pm). We did not have any issues with the bridges being up as we were sound asleep by that time anyway (after all that walking!). I haven't a clue on the trains running.

If you're going to be out doing the late night party circuit then you may want a hotel more centrally located so as to avoid potential bridge drama.

I'd suggest taking a good look at a map for where things are at the you want to see vis a vis the hotel.

Really interesting place to hang out for a few days. And do make sure to wear a good money belt (the kind that goes under your clothes) if you're hitting the tourist areas in the day time. More than a couple of pick pocket attempts. But I assume you know all that stuff anyway...

Have a blast!!

Joel
Thanks, Joel! I will take that pickpocket thing to heart -- had not thought of that, but it is such an unknown country for me as I never have been and the language being so different.

Have 7 nights already scheduled at the Renaissance Baltic so am thinking of adding one or two extra days for a leisurely adventure while there -- White Nights Festival ongoing as well. This might be a good use of the MegaBonus free days.

I'll take any other information from posters that might also have stayed there.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:22 am
Original Member

I rent cars just about everywhere I go, which was good since we went far out of town to see the Palace(?). But I dont' remember anything with a draw bridge.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I rent cars just about everywhere I go, which was good since we went far out of town to see the Palace(?). But I dont' remember anything with a draw bridge.
There's mention of it on TripAdvisor that if one comes back very late at night, they often keep the draw bridges up until about 4:30 AM. Not sure how accurate that is, but don't wish to get caught like that.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 12:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Headed to St. Petersburg as well...

I'm headed to Russia as well and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on taking in a performance at the Marinsky in St. Petersburg versus the Bolshoi in Moscow. If I can only do one, which one would you choose?

NJUPINTHEAIR - Will our dates coincide? You mentioned White Nights; I'll be there at the beginning; late May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.