Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Question on Renaissance Chancery Court London

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2009, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

I reserved 3 hopper award nights at the Renaissance Chancery Court in the summer for 4 people (self, spouse & 2 teens), 1 room. Reservation went smoothly but in the last few weeks, I was not able to access the hotel details under the "upcoming reservation" page.

I finally able to access the page yesterday and notice they changed my occupancy of 4 to 2. When I looked further into the reservation process and noticed they now announce the Hotel cannot accommodate 4 people in 1 room.

I want to know if the change of # occupants in my reservation will create any trouble when it's time to check-in? Any thought? thanks
Old Apr 19, 2009, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by lililolo
I reserved 3 hopper award nights at the Renaissance Chancery Court in the summer for 4 people (self, spouse & 2 teens), 1 room. Reservation went smoothly but in the last few weeks, I was not able to access the hotel details under the "upcoming reservation" page.

I finally able to access the page yesterday and notice they changed my occupancy of 4 to 2. When I looked further into the reservation process and noticed they now announce the Hotel cannot accommodate 4 people in 1 room.

I want to know if the change of # occupants in my reservation will create any trouble when it's time to check-in? Any thought? thanks
What you might want to do is contact the RCC's Guest Relations Dept. and see what they have to say. (If you have a copy of the original confirmation that you can attach to your email or fax to them that might help.)

I didn't have that kind of issue a couple of years ago but I did exchange emails regarding a couple of special requests (one of them room availability for being AM arrival) and they were most accomodating (I am Plat, btw).

The email address I used back then:

[email protected]
Old Apr 19, 2009, 7:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
RCC has a number of larger rooms, so this is puzzling. During my stay, the room had two double beds. According to my math, this would sleep four people.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:28 pm

Programs: CX Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I was trying to book this hotel for my stay in August. When I tried to finalize the booking, the website told me that they could not confirm a room with 2 double beds. I guess the hotel is trying to limit the occupancy to 2 persons per room now. In such case, I do not understand the reason behind providing rooms with 2 double beds, as those rooms are most suitable for people going with family members, like me.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 12:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The rooms themselves will sleep four people no problem. RCC has lots of larger-than-average rooms.

What level of Marriott Rewards status do you have? Hotels are generally going to quote the party line to anyone not Gold or Platinum: "Bed type is never guaranteed."

If you currently have no status and live in a country where Marriott uses Silver as a "gimmie" status (e.g., with a credit card signup), definitely get it. On a simple two-double request, that is usually enough to get it. It's going the other way - wanting a King bed and not two doubles - that I've had the most trouble at chains where I don't hold at least a mid-tier status. (Even as a Starwood Gold, I have had two stays in the past year where I could not get a King sized bed.)
Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:15 pm

Programs: CX Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I am a Marriott Silver and have stayed at the Renaissance Chancery Court for a number of times. I guess I will try calling the hotel up these few days and try to make a request for a room with 2 double beds for my stay in August.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 1:39 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Just returned from RCC. Our 3 kids had a king bed room that they fit two roll-aways into with plenty of space, so even if stuck in a king, 4 might be able to fit. Great hotel; convenient to everything. Were upgraded to club floor with only silver status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.