Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newspaper Delivery Changes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Fred 3
I was staying at a Spring hill Suites and they did not have a newspaper out. I asked where they were and they said due to everyone reading the news on smartphones that Marriott decided not to carry USA today anymore.
First you talk about a newspaper, then you mention USA Today. Which one do you really mean?
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 3:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
The new Renaissance in Toledo had USA Today, The Wall Street Journal (including the weekend edition), and the local daily newspaper in the lobby, in the restaurant, and in the second floor executive lounge. Lots of copies. I took a bunch to make it look like folks were reading them so the hotel doesn't eliminate newspapers.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
First you talk about a newspaper, then you mention USA Today. Which one do you really mean?
+1,000
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
The Ritz-Carlton in Toronto delivers USA Today, The Wall Street Journal and the Canadian newspaper Globe and Mail upon request. Otherwise, it's by the elevators on each floor and in the club lounge.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 9:44 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
The Renaissance Tulsa slides the USA Today under your door each morning.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 12:56 pm
Suspended

J.W. Marriott Grosvenor House delivers the Financial Times, USA Today, International New York Times, The Daily Telegraph or The Times, upon request.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
The Ritz-Carlton in Toronto delivers USA Today, The Wall Street Journal and the Canadian newspaper Globe and Mail upon request. Otherwise, it's by the elevators on each floor and in the club lounge.
Every Ritz-Carlton, where I have stayed (about 10 of them) have provided the Wall Street Journal among other papers. Of course, they have a pretty sophisticated clientele by and large.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by HookEm
Every Ritz-Carlton, where I have stayed (about 10 of them) have provided the Wall Street Journal among other papers. Of course, they have a pretty sophisticated clientele by and large.
They likely have a much older clientele: the type that would more likely want an old fashion newspaper.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CJKatl
They likely have a much older clientele: the type that would more likely want an old fashion newspaper.
Or at the rates Ritz-Carlton hotels charge it can afford paying someone to deliver newspapers.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:04 pm
Suspended

How ironic:

Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson Shares the First Thing You Should Do in Every Hotel Room
Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson Shares the First Thing You Should Do in Every Hotel Room | Travel + Leisure

Marriott's CEO, Arne Sorenson, says it best: “Traveling internationally can be exhausting—traveling domestically can be exhausting, too.”

In an interview with Business Insider, Sorenson recently shared some of his own travel tips. Considering he travels some 200 days out of the year, it's worth hearing him out.

“I love to read paper. I've got a full briefcase.”

Despite being an incredibly light packer, Arneson does allow himself some leeway when it comes to reading materials. “I still read paper, which is an unusual thing,” he said. “Some of the news, I get on my tablet, but an awful lot of the books I read—and I like to read a lot—are paper.”
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Very ironic.

Reminds me of an interview with Mr. Marriott about 10 years ago, possibly Forbes, where he stated that he doesn't sleep well in his own hotels due to noise and how they would lie to solo travelers about being full at the first motel they owned since they charged by the person and wanted to wait until a family of 4 came along... Link buried deep in FT somewhere.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:07 am
Suspended

No newspapers whatsoever in the lobby of the Courtyard in Rosslyn (Arlington), Virginia. This property used to have USA Today and The Wall Street Journal. For what it's worth, it is managed by Marriott and not a franchisee.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
The front desk didn’t have any papers?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by VA1379
The front desk didn’t have any papers?
None. There were also no newspapers in the lobby or front desk of the Key Bridge Marriott.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
FWIW I did a WSJ paper subscription at home for some RR points and maybe $12 for 12 weeks using a virtual credit card (one time use only to prevent the recurring charge nightmares). The 12 weeks were over long ago yet the newspaper still gets delivered...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.