Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Spring/All year 2009 Pointsavers - most of UK on pointsavers (Excluding London)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2009, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G

Just thought this might be of interest to some people to highlight as a separate thread. The latest set of pointsavers (advertised today in an email mailshot to me) has pretty much all of the UK's hotels on pointsavers until 31st December 2009. Everywhere that is, apart from London! So that includes all the nice Marriotts around Edinburgh, the south coast etc.

Might be that as the weak pound and poor economy has made most of these hotels very cheap at weekends anyway to not be worth spending points (I know a regular hotel of mine has gone from ~£80-90 at weekends to competing with the low end of the market at ~£55-60), but, thought it might be of interest - especially to those across the pond in the US coming for a visit (or worth rebooking if you've already got your hotels booked). The full list is here;

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/marr...ited%20Kingdom

Most of Egypt appears to be on pointsavers as well, as well as various other places as per normal. However, I thought that having the whole of the UK on there is a bit exceptional!

As an FYI though - don't forget that the 3 for 2 offers for resorts are still out there, and most of the Ritz-Carlton chain is also on their own version of pointsavers which might be more suitable;
http://www.marriott.com/rewards/ritz...PointSavers.mi

PS: If I was you prior to booking I'd check out the cash price of the rooms first too - some UK Marriotts are really cheap due to the credit crunch, especially at weekends for the business hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.