Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Fairfield Inn Lubbock TX, no platinum guaranteed room?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Sadly no longer platinum with anyone. Plain old Delta Skymiles member and Marriott Rewards member

Trying to book May 12 to May 16, it tells me no room is available, yet i'm platinum. I can book at the Residence Inn, Courtyard or Townplace, why would the Fairfield not be allowing a platinum MR member to make this reservation?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:04 pm

Is there a college nearby with a scheduled graduation? Special events like this can sometimes be used to justify a blackout.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SCEflyer
Is there a college nearby with a scheduled graduation? Special events like this can sometimes be used to justify a blackout.
Texas Tech is in Lubbock and their website shows commencement for the Spring 2009 graduates is May 8th and 9th. I would look for another reason.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
I would stay at the RI. We stayed there last May for a wedding and had the RD upstairs. All were very friendly and cooperative.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Mult. sporting events in Lubbock that weekend. Stay at the residence Inn, and eat at the 50 yard line next door. Great steak house.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 7:04 am

Programs: DL Diamond Million Miler, AA Ex-Plat, IHG RA, Marriott PLAT, HERTZ Pres Circle
They're doing you a favor. You don't want to be in Lubbock for any reason.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by randidliyo
They're doing you a favor. You don't want to be in Lubbock for any reason.

I agree
Old Apr 7, 2009, 8:54 am

Did you call the Platinum desk? In my experience the platinum guarantee only works over the phone. Also, I don't think it does any good if more than one night of the stay is sold out (again, in my experience).
Old Apr 7, 2009, 9:04 am
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Hello,

It appears the hotel incorrectly loaded their inventory. This has been corrected and you should be able to book a reservation using the Platinum 48-hour room guarantee without any problems.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best regards,

Drew

Last edited by Marriott Concierge; Apr 7, 2009 at 9:17 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.