Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Fairfield Inn Times Square - new hotel, any reports?

Old Mar 16, 2009, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum

Maybe i'm just not a good searcher, but I couldn't find a thread on this. I took a look at Tripadvisor and there are no reviews there either. I'm staying there for business during the first week of April and the rate was only $208/night! $208 per night for Times Square! What a deal!

Curious to hear some reports about the place. I see online that they have free "hot" continental breakfast and free internet. So that's good.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:52 am

Any News?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Well, my stay here begins tomorrow. I actually checked again and the rate was down to $179/night so that seems pretty good to me. I'll report back after I arrive.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 3:28 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
If the design is like some new Fairfields I've stayed at, you will be presently surprised.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

So I checked in today. I took some pics so people could get a feel for it. Interestingly, this is brand new and there is a four points going in right next to it. Like, right next to it. Maybe it was a joint building project?

In any case, it's pretty decent. It reminds me of the hampton inns around the city (although those have free warm cookies!). Service seems nice, but they haven't given me a fridge yet, and I don't know if I'll get one. It's right off times square and close to some good little restaurants on 9th avenue as well.

The gym is in the basement, and while it's nothing to write home about, it's better than many of the courtyard / hampton inn gyms in the city. There's an elliptical and the two treadmills look brand new and they're the life fitness model that I like . There is also a bench and some dumbbells. Free breakfast from 630 to 1030.

Interestingly, when I checked in, she offered me either 200 pts or a "music card." I asked if this was an iTunes gift card, and she said it was - for 3 songs. Never had this offered to me before haha. I always take the points.

So let me know if you have any other questions, but this looks like a good little place for business travel. And for $179/night, with its location in Times Square, it's not the worst place in the world for some site seeing. Hopefully that summary helps! If anyone has any questions or if something significant happens between now and checkout, I will update!

Old Apr 7, 2009, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Marriott Platinum Premier; HH Diamond; Hertz President's Circle; Avis PS; AMEX Plat
Thanks for the great pictures. Are the rooms as tiny as they look?
Old Apr 7, 2009, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by suzanneaustin
Thanks for the great pictures. Are the rooms as tiny as they look?
Yup! rooms are small. if you're working and going to be out of the hotel most of the day, then no big deal - but yeah you definitely don't want to "lounge around" here.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 6:17 am

Thank you!
Old Apr 8, 2009, 10:15 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
From photos, room looks small but nicely outfitted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.