Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Double Pts. for meetings/events

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2009, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SU/DL/US/MR

Not sure if this is targeted or global but here's a new Pts. bonus. Somewhat similar to the one offered last year.

Book: Contract and hold new meetings or events at participating Marriott brands worldwide between March 9, 2009 and March 31, 2010

Earn: DOUBLE Marriott Rewards points − up to 50,000 bonus points − for each qualifying event and meeting you book

I was able to sign up via my rewards page in similar fashion to that of the mega bonus award. An 800 # is also avail which makes me think this bonus is global.

For program details, visit MarriottRewards.com/RewardingEvents
Old Mar 10, 2009, 12:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
That link doesn't work for me. But I just noticed that Marriott.com has something similar (general public, not restricted to any elite level):

http://www.marriott.com/meetings/gro...l-discounts.mi

They let you search for "double points over value dates" through the box at the bottom. Plus other stuff through the fancy map at the top. I just might search around a bit, since I book about a meeting a year ...
Old Mar 10, 2009, 2:04 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Try this: Book A Meeting, Double Your Rewards . . . Up to 50,000 Bonus Points!. I do believe it will require you to log in to reach the webpage.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hhoope01
Try this: Book A Meeting, Double Your Rewards . . . Up to 50,000 Bonus Points!. I do believe it will require you to log in to reach the webpage.
I booked a meeting through this promo. Got the initial batch of points, but not the double points. Who should I contact about the double points? Is there a Marriott contact? The hotel knew nothing of the promo.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott LTP/PE
This is now an active promo again. Interestingly, not only do you get double points, but you also get double stay credits. So, I had a one day meeting last week where I hired a room for $500. I got points, but also credit for 20 nights (each meeting gives you a credit for 10 nights, and this was doubled via the promotion)
Old Nov 17, 2012, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by buddman
This is now an active promo again. Interestingly, not only do you get double points, but you also get double stay credits. So, I had a one day meeting last week where I hired a room for $500. I got points, but also credit for 20 nights (each meeting gives you a credit for 10 nights, and this was doubled via the promotion)
Is this advertised anywhere? Or is there a current link?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
https://www.marriott.com/marriott/qu...oup_booking.mi
Old Nov 17, 2012, 9:29 pm

Awesome deal if you are doing meetings anyway. Double points and 20 elite nights. WOW!
Old Nov 17, 2012, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
Awesome deal if you are doing meetings anyway. Double points and 20 elite nights. WOW!
Didn't see the double stays, did I miss it?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 1:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
the offer is DOUBLE POINTS ONLY which is NO big deal as it was only 1-point/$3 before........
SPECIAL PROMOTION: Now earn DOUBLE Marriott Rewards points for booking a group and/or meeting online!

Originally Posted by SacTownGuy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.