Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Nice touch - Silver status renewed despite not meeting qualification criteria

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nice touch - Silver status renewed despite not meeting qualification criteria

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2009, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & More (LH), BA, AA, Eurobonus : IHG One Rewards, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor Live Limitless
Thumbs up Nice touch - Silver status renewed despite not meeting qualification criteria

Due to a change of projects and company expense restrictions, I have not stayed 10 nights at Marriott hotels this membership year. Despite this, MR have been very understanding (recognising 'varying travel plans from year to year', or words to that effect) and renewed my Silver status.

Although I have had mixed experiences at Marriott hotels this past year, fair play to MR for this gesture. It is good to be able to share something positive in these challenging times and it makes me more positively disposed to the brand. ^
Old Mar 11, 2009, 3:13 pm

Silver status buyback

They did that for me once but I didn't stay 10 nights last year. Now they are inviting me to spend 7,500 points to buy back silver.

Who thinks it's worth it to spend 7500 for silver status? I'm not clear on what I lose by not doing it, or whether it's worth it.

Thanks
Old Mar 11, 2009, 3:55 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
This is truly effective marketing at its best.

Silver is worth absolutely nothing. Even more so that the Gold and PLT "benefits" have been diminished in 2009.

I was silver for 10+ years, often exceeding 40 nights per and never received any benefit from it. Only when I hit Gold and PLT in the same year did the magic happen which I enjoyed for the last 2. Sadly, in 2009, I fear its over.

Your opinions and mileage may vary...
Old Mar 11, 2009, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EP; Bonvoy Platinum: Hilton Gold
What is the major difference between Silver and Gold, anyway? I have been seeking gold for a few years, hoping to finally hit it in the next couple of months via the rolling qualification.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 1:58 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by Dan_E
What is the major difference between Silver and Gold, anyway? I have been seeking gold for a few years, hoping to finally hit it in the next couple of months via the rolling qualification.
Free breakfast (in a lounge), lounge access, more bonus points, official policy of maybe getting a room upgrade (subject to availability). You can check the website for full details!
Old Mar 12, 2009, 2:29 am
formerly jasperjugan

Programs: DL SkyMiles Gold Medallion, Marriott Rewards Gold Elite, A|Club Gold, PR Mabuhay Miles Base Member
Originally Posted by littlevoices
Free breakfast (in a lounge), lounge access, more bonus points, official policy of maybe getting a room upgrade (subject to availability). You can check the website for full details!
and of course, 40 more nights!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.