Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Where is MR the only or clearly the best option?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2009, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver

I've got about 280,000 MR points and won't be earning any more. With the recent changes, I've shifted all my business back to HH. I'll be gold until Feb 2010 and then drop to dirt (unless I do the CC route). I've got a ton of HH points and my GF has a ton of *wood points. We like to vacation in beach locations. Florida, Caribbean, Australia, Hawaii, etc.

Since we have options with other programs I'd like to burn off my remaining MR points on two or three nice rewards in places where MR is the only option, or is clearly head and shoulders better than all nearby HH or *Wood properties. With the new redemption structure I'll probably focus on cat 5 through 7 properties and stays of 5 to 7 days.

Suggestions?
Old Feb 24, 2009, 12:23 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
With that many points, you could stay at the Cayman RC. It is truly a memorable experience. My wife and I stayed there last year for our 20th Anniversary. The RC there is the nicest property on the island and it is on the best part of the best beach on the island as well.

Also, while not a "beach" location, if I'm going to London, Marriott has the best selection of top notch hotels in the city. ^
Old Feb 24, 2009, 12:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Another options is Aruba...I think Marriott is the best of the three you mentioned.

Grand Cayman is my favorite place and the Ritz my favorite hotel so I heavily endorse that.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 6:23 pm

Another vote for Marriott in the Caribbean. Hilton has Barbados and Westin in St. Martin & Aruba, but not much else worth staying at. I'd also give Marriott the nod in London.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.