Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriot San Juan - Main Tower vs Cabana

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2009, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Platinum, Hillton Gold, Marriot Silver, United 2P

Is there any difference in quality of the room. Recommendation?
Old Feb 20, 2009, 9:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I was in the tower and the corner rooms are the larger rooms. It was large enough for four (two were kids) and they provided a cot for free; I was there at a peak time as well

the view was fantastic on the higher floors (can't recall what floor I was on)

I was curious about the cabanas and from what I saw they were regular rooms and if you liked being right on the pool that was a good location if you could get a lower floor room with a deck to the pool.

I don't know if the corner rooms were better there or not though
Old Feb 22, 2009, 8:54 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
First, search here for thwarted crime topic from my stay.

I was in a cabana and loved the corner room. We had connecting rooms and it was VERY roomy. Now, if you are BELOW the third floor corner cabana, keep the sliding door LOCKED and valuables in the safe. Again, for details, read my past post about attempted criminal activity.

IMO, I felt the cabanas were a little nicer. I saw a tower room on 16 and it was tiny. The views were great, but I would stay at the cabana again.

That said, if you are a young hip person or couple, the REN is GORGEOUS

Last edited by etsmyers; Feb 22, 2009 at 9:02 am
Old Feb 22, 2009, 2:47 pm

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
If the new Renaissance is available, I would recommend it over the Marriott. I have stayed at both and its like night and day.

Many posts on here, including mine but the Marriott San Juan in my opinion is one of the worst Marriott properties in the system.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 3:19 pm

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
Just returned from there and the neighbor(hood) can bring in some of the riff raff. Hence I agree with the post that if you are at ground level. Make sure its locked

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.