Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Dusseldorf (Sept. 30, 2019, No Longer Marriott hotel) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Dusseldorf (Sept. 30, 2019, No Longer Marriott hotel) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2002, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold

Has anyone ever been to this hotel? Found a great rate on the internet and since I'm in the area (Oberhausen), I thought about trying it. It is only 10 Euro more expensive than the Courtyard in Bottrop which would be nearer for me, but well, it has 4* rating, courtyard 3 1/2* rating. Any insight or hints?

Or should I consider any other hotels in the area? One of the Courtyards in DUS? Sheraton? Hilton? Steigenberger? Swissotel? Radisson SAS? Any input on these properties?

Muerz
Old Nov 30, 2002, 11:17 am
Suspended

If you like to maximize your Marriott Reward points go for the Renaissance. If you would like to save time stay in Oberhausen at the Residenz.
Old Nov 30, 2002, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Very nice hotel. A bit out of the way (north side of Dusseldorf).

Bruce
Old Nov 30, 2002, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

How about their rooms and their buffet breakfast? Hot choices, egg station, pancakes available? How does the Ren compare to the surrounding Courtyards or the other hotels I mentioned above?

Is parking available?

Muerz
Old Nov 30, 2002, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
The rooms are fine. No complaints.

The breakfast is an excellent, high-quality German buffet served in the restaurant. They have hot and cold foods of various kinds. The Club Floor also serves breakfast just outside the elevators, but it isn't as elaborate and has no hot food, as I recall.

The hotel has an underground parking garage available for a fee that is paid to a machine. I never figured out how to use it, however, because all the signage is in German. (I realize that this is MY shortcoming, but I'm just reporting my experience, not criticizing the Germans for using their own language!) There is plenty of on-street parking available for free, including a number of spaces just outside the hotel's front door.

I have stayed at only one German Courtyard hotel, and the Dusseldorf Renaissance is clearly better.

Bruce
Old Dec 2, 2002, 2:04 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

The hotel is quite good. Although I life in the Düsseldorf area, I stay there once after opening, but more prefer the Courtyard. But if you leave the hotel in the rush hour time, you will probably need some time to reach the motorway, because the hotel is near one of the main streets to Düsseldorf City Center.

------------------
FLYGVA
Düsseldorf / Neukirchen-Vluyn
LH M&M, BA ExexC, HiltonH; Mariott
Old Dec 5, 2002, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Nice to hear this hotel is no dump!

Thanks for your answers!

Muerz

------------------
Visit the Hyatt Review Website at http://www.no-limits.lu/hyatt or at http://www.hotelreview.de.vu
Old Dec 5, 2002, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Forgot to ask if the hotels restaurant is worth a visit for a dinner?

Muerz

------------------
Visit the Hyatt Review Website at http://www.no-limits.lu/hyatt or at http://www.hotelreview.de.vu
Old Dec 5, 2002, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a nice dinner there.

Bruce
Old Dec 6, 2002, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Just one very last question: Is the hotel in a decent area and can I leave my car on the street or should I go for the garage?

Muerz

------------------
Old Dec 6, 2002, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No problem at all parking on the street. The neighborhood is perfectly safe. Actually, I've never had a problem parking on the street anywhere in Germany. I have had problems in NYC!

Bruce
Old Dec 6, 2002, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks alot for your help bdschobel!

Muerz

------------------
Old Feb 11, 2009, 10:07 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Renaissance Dusseldorf

Hello,

Staying at Renaissance Dusseldorf two nights checking in first Friday in May. Does anyone know if it has an executive club lounge? If not, what are the amenities and food/beverage access for Platinum members? There is a thread about this in 2004 that says it does but would like to find out something more current.

I am staying with 3 others on a priceline reservation, so we will see how much mileage we get. In the past when I have stayed at Marriott properties with priceline as long as I loaded my number in the reservation still received the Platinum benefits.

Thanks,

Beofotch
Old Feb 11, 2009, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I haven't stayed there in a couple of years, but when I did, the Club Lounge was essentially the elevator lobby on the top floor. Not too fancy, but it got the job done. They put food out, but there was not an attendant on duty most of the time.

Bruce
Old Feb 11, 2009, 1:57 pm

We stayed here in June, 2008. No executive lounge at the time. However, they gave us free breakfast for our family of 4, a 50% off dinner coupon for their in-house restaurant, and everything in mini-bar was free. We are now Plat, but at the time we had Gold status.

The hotel itself was an older property, not very nice and thought it needed a face-lift. But on the upside, the service there was great. During dinner at the hotel, the hostess gave our two little girls Renaissance bears and blow-up balls gratis!

Hope this helps. You may want to check w/the Elite Desk if they might have added a lounge or not...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.