Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Voice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Slow for me too. Must have sent out a lot of invitations!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
So far unimpressed. Slow website and just asking about travel patterns. Especially since they already know my Marriott/Starwood stay patterns. Why ask me which Marriott properties I've stayed at? Waste of time
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA Au Marriott Ti Hilton C
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
So far unimpressed. Slow website and just asking about travel patterns. Especially since they already know my Marriott/Starwood stay patterns. Why ask me which Marriott properties I've stayed at? Waste of time
Agreed on all counts. It was very slow and they aren’t exactly starting off on the right foot.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat, WN A-List Preferred
It seemed fine to me. Only one question was specific to Marriott -- which Marriott and SPG brands have I stayed with in the last 12 months. All other questions would have included other brands of hotels or were about business vs pleasure, etc. General stratification data. Plus some people might stay at Marriotts under a spouses reservation sometimes, etc. It will be interesting to see if any of the future surveys are interesting.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:19 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Got one today as well.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I got an invitation today, too. I deleted it after a few seconds of thinking about it. I don't care to spend time informing Marriott of my opinion unless it seems they're either a) really going to listen, including asking the right questions, or b) going to make it worth my time with compensation. A one-in-a-million type shot at $1,500 is not worth my time.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by UASPG
Is that Marriott Voice website as slow for everybody, as it is for me?
Yes. Wow it was slow.
Got accepted, so interested to see if anything worthwhile comes from it...
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Sounds like a game / contest masquerading as surveys rather than anything else. They certainally mine their own data and engage consultants before making any substantial decisions, e.g no desks in rooms.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:10 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by joshua362
Sounds like a game / contest masquerading as surveys rather than anything else. They certainally mine their own data and engage consultants before making any substantial decisions, e.g no desks in rooms.
Of course they would, it's a business. But good consultants would use customer surveys as one input into determining future strategy.

I got the email yesterday and tried to sign up 3 times. I finally gave up it was so incredibly slow. Although at one point I got through several pages of profile info, I don't think I'm signed up. I'll try one more time in a day or two, hopefully it's just a one-time traffic issue.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:27 am

Programs: Marriott , United, Delta, Priority Club
I also tried to sign up and it just kept spinning and spinning and never did load the site. I finally just deleted it.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Just tried to sign up and got a message that the study is now closed.

--Jon
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I got in yesterday after plodding through each slow page. After I got my login I logged back in to see if there was anything there and there are no surveys or any information of value there yet. Given they had thousands in the program in the last iteration, described upthread, I don't know why they needed to recruit so many more. I guess their list was stale and participation was down so they needed to try and revamp it. They do show names for those who got prizes "last month" but it doesn't say when that was. Three people are listed. This new promotion seems to have a fixed period.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by JBord
Of course they would, it's a business. But good consultants would use customer surveys as one input into determining future strategy.

I got the email yesterday and tried to sign up 3 times. I finally gave up it was so incredibly slow. Although at one point I got through several pages of profile info, I don't think I'm signed up. I'll try one more time in a day or two, hopefully it's just a one-time traffic issue.
There is a final step where you click on a link in an email they send that actually confirms your activation. If you haven't gotten that far, you are not signed up yet.
Good luck, though I am doubtful this will be worthwhile.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Actually, they probably don't. This is most likely a third-party research contractor that doesn't have access to your account. I didn't read the terms and conditions (I received an invitation the other day), but it may also be anonymous with the only information being whatever demographic information you self-disclose.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
There is a final step where you click on a link in an email they send that actually confirms your activation. If you haven't gotten that far, you are not signed up yet.
Good luck, though I am doubtful this will be worthwhile.
Yep, I got the link this morning and finalized it. I have no expectations that it will be worthwhile, but it doesn't hurt to sign up and check it out for myself.

I think you're also a UA person, as am I. This feels different to me than when UA made the big survey push a few years ago. Customers were very unhappy and leaving quickly for AA and DL. I think that was more about making customers feel they were being heard to save the sinking ship. Marriott doesn't seem to be in that same position, so the fact they're spending some money to do the surveys gives me a little hope that they're really looking for some customer input.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.